How do I make Pork that doesn't have that disgusting porky taste/smell?

How do I make Pork that doesn't have that disgusting porky taste/smell?

by using beef.

buy halal pork.

cook until burnt and black

why would you use pork if you don't like the taste?

What he said
Also, marinated pork sirloin is the shit

pork is forbidden user

Cook it in feces and sweat. Enjoy your intestinal worm farm.

maybe your pork is old. Try cooking it the day you buy it, and not more than a day older than that.
There is darker meat pork, try buying loin, which is whiter.

>how do i make broccoli that doesn't look, taste, smell, or feel like broccoli?

throw it raw in a food processor
then mix it into meatballs

taste and smell are unaffected by that
this does not solve op's retarded problem

One time I ordered Pork Knuckle at this traditional farm restaurant.. parts of it were so gamey it tasted as how a pig smells. Disgusting.

I stopped eating pork for some years and the first 2 or so times I cooked it after that it smelled to me like a farm smells. I haven't smelled it after those times though. I think it is something you just get used to.

Which ham does your ham look like?

are you the kind of person that doesn't like fish because it tastes "fishy"

My grandma uses ginger to get rid of the smell.

A spice rub with coffee grounds in it oughta cover it up

>eat pork
>get sick and depressed
fuck this shit. wish I could go back in time and stop myself

>can anyone recommend [food X] that doesn't taste of [food X]

Eat younger piggies and/or castrate males before piggerty

I like citrus to take away that flavor. Slow cooking with oranges works well

This.
Anybody that says pork smells is eating old boars. Piggeries can't afford to castrate the males legally but they still sell it to large supermarket chains so it doesn't go to waste. Get pork from a trusted local butcher and specify your expectations. I promise it won't smell.

Stop cooking it the disgusting western way (bacon is okay though)

use chicken-pork

I buy super cheap pork chops, and I've never noticed a bad smell or taste.

I've always thought pork tastes like nothing. It's the most boring and bland protein. I always gotta go heavy on seasoning and sauce.

Even plain turkey breast is more flavorful. In fact, turkey has a pretty awesome natural flavor. Love turkey broth and drippings.

find a butcher than only sells meat from female pigs

>I've always thought pork tastes like nothing. It's the most boring and bland protein.

Welcome to factory farming.
Get some heritage breed pork from a small farm and prepare to have your mind blown. This applies to chicken as well.

I thought boars were only used for cured ham and such. You shouldn't find normal cuts of boar in the supermarket? I work on a pig farm and I don't think we're allowed to sell pigs that aren't castrated or vaccinated.

I'm not sure what the English name is, but look for pork neck chops. Cook it in the oven for like 1.5 hours on 180'c(I think) in one of those oven bags and it's so good. I think it's the best tasting fat on the animal, and when you cook it slowly it melts down and makes everything juicy and delicious.

Seitan can be a pork texture but tastes nothing like pork so probs what you want

He ment broccoli

Made pretty great cheap pork chops last night.

>Pat dry, rub with salt, pepper, and some dried italian herb blend because weeknight
>Pan sear in cast iron with olive oil over medium heat
>Remove from pan
>Add chopped red pepper, onion, garlic, serrano peppers to hot pan
>Cook until soft and translucent, then add chopped tomato
>Cook down again
>Add in ~1/3 cup dry white wine, cook it down
>Served together with big pile of chopped spinach

It was like an easy pork scarpariello without the mushrooms/sausage. The peppers were good and spicy from the serrano with a great garlic and cooked wine taste, and the pork had great crispy edges.

sounds really good, user

one pan, one cutting board, one knife, one pair of tongs, couldn't have been easier too for a weeknight.

If you dont like pork why are you cooking it?

*of her old dusty cunt

did you add the chops back into the pan when you put the tomato?

No I didn't want to fuck up the sear I had gotten. The veggies already had basically deglazed the pan and pulled up all the pork goodness from cooking them.

I just served them with the chops on top of the peppers and onions.

Marinate is gasoline...premium only.

You need to heavily spice it. Pork is a type of meat you need to have a good crust of spices to allow it to bleed deep into it. Salt, pepper, paprika, little bit of sugar, and anything else you wish to have on it. Spicy is you enjoy spicy.

This is good, but the ultimate way to treat pork is BRINE

Brine all the pork, every pork, brine the shit out of it.

Pork chops, pork loin, pork shoulder, brine brine brine.

one of the best things I ever made was a pork loin brined with apple cider vinegar, garlic, clove, and brown sugar then wrapped in farm-raised bacon and roasted

You should definitely brine it if you wish, but it does take a while to cook. If you can crust it with spices and really rub it in, you could cook it on a cast iron for a good 3 minutes each side with olive oil and butter, and finish in the oven. On the BBQ it works well as well if you scrap the sugar, and just baste melted butter on top and watch the meat constantly so it doesn't overcook. BBQ pork gives it a nice taste so give that a shot.

Eat chicken

Yeah for a weeknight quick meal a good spice crust is good, but if you're feeling low time preference you can make the brine the night before with very little difficulty (clean water, loadsa salt and sugar, a few herbs and spices, you're good to go) and just chuck that shit in the fridge, you can even do that if your pork is still frozen, it'll thaw in the brine.

we should be friends, I like you friend

Chili verde baby

everyone on Veeky Forums should be friends except the vegetarians.

Young males that haven't been castrated yet develop the same smell if they aren't castrated immediately after slaughter. Same goes with any animal desu. I'm sure they aren't allowed to sell old boars (except maybe for pet food) but even young pigs can smell.

t. hunter

Ah I see. I thought the smell stayed with them if they weren't castrated by a certain age, because I can smell the boar musk when they get older. But I guess the smell of the boar and the meat itself is different, as I've never had boar tainted meat.

Brine them

Don't use pork chops. Buy sirloin steaks. Barbecue the steaks by first marinating them in olive oil. Season them with salt, pepper and oregano. This is the only way a pork steak is going to be good and it's the best steak you can have. Beats any other meat. But you have to make it like that.

Meat is pretty interesting. The meat also develops a bad flavour if it wasn't a clean kill. The difference between a deer that dropped nose first and a deer that ran 100m before collapsing is quite noticeable. That's why they stun animals before slaughter. But I would think it doesn't always happen perfectly in a slaughter house, just like a hunt.

Try free range. I used to work in a chicken broiler shed and I can smell the shed cooking cheap eggs, puts me off. Haven't experienced it with meat but it wouldn't surprise me if the feed and environment could lend a smell to the meat.

Pigs may be survivalists who are as happy as well a pig in shit as long as they have food but keeping them in dirty concrete enclosures is gross.

use fresh pork. don't put it in the freezer. wash it with water before use and use a paper towel to dry it off.