If Lucifer is an archangel and archangels are lower in the choir than seraphim and cherubim...

If Lucifer is an archangel and archangels are lower in the choir than seraphim and cherubim, then why is he the second most powerful being in creation?

Other urls found in this thread:

newadvent.org/summa/1019.htm#article10
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

He rules in hell rather than serve in heaven

Go to bed John

If you had read even the first six words of the wiki article from which you took your pic related, you would have realized that the hierarchy to which you refer was created by some dude several centuries after the death of Christ, and is only one of many that have been suggested.

God, just like my daughters, you are such a stupid woma-

Fruhdyfdyfdydzyhcsrjcdhxttfdgvyfxttdyydfihvufrtxfjvhgshjddfhgsv)8?( and ztdfhgfgffgfgfg

non-canon

What about Lucifer's free will? I always understood angles to be bound in servitude to god.

So how can lucifer invent sin via narcissism, he being the second most beautiful creature next to god, and sin in turn give birth to death?

The mythology I was given in Sunday school was that god made man with free will cause he was bored with the angle's groveling.

But Gabriel was going to kick his ass before Satan ran away from the garden.

where are your scripture references

I think the synthesis of Satan is just that which distracts the Spirit from Matter and its fallen state with Ego, Society, Culture, History, Time, etc. Whichever way you want to think of it, process or personification and everything in between. The term "second most powerful being in creation" also has interesting ties to fundamental Gnostic ideas in that power and creation are redundant attributes of God the immanent, the One, the Form of Good, Pleroma, etc. and that the most powerful being in (at) creation is the Demiurge, who cast us into Matter. Think of it as divergence and of God as convergence.

Once you realize this simply idea you'll see it everywhere. Mind versus Matter, Quality versus Quantity, Word versus Number, Noumena versus Phenomena, Subjects versus Object, Entropy versus Permanence, Immanence versus Emergence, Essence versus Existence, Salvation versus Damnation, Life versus Death.

>Entropy versus Permanence

I mean Permanence versus Entropy.

Lucifer is not the second most powerful being in creation, that's Satan, the devil. It's not only a matter of names.

People joke, but this is a quality post

Great post

Isn't he just outlining a set of opposites?

could you explain this more? I think I know what are u trying to say but maybe I am retarded

seconding this

Not him, but he's referring to what's missing in one opposite that creates the other, dichotomy/duality versus Oneness

And what is missing?

No one can give a theological answer. However, here is the literary one:

Satan's fall is inspired by God's exaltation of Jesus as the savior of mankind. Before God even creates man, he hs already determined that they should be free and that Jesus will someday die to save them. So basically, it isn't until the notion of free will enters the world that Satan then turns. So maybe just the existence of free will and knowing of it is enough to change him.

When a force is deemed missing of an element in quality, then an opposite force is invoked to justify and take its place to qualify what's missing.

For example when positive energy is missing, negative energy will take its place.

One is the absent mirror of the other.

So you're saying opposites don't exist in themselves, but only as a split from one thing (the Oneness)?

Lmao

hell is other people

newadvent.org/summa/1019.htm#article10

Because he is Sin, the opposite of God.

Sartre, No Exit & The Flies.

I don't hold that sentiment, but an opposite by definition implies the existence of an opposition, while oneness is devoid from any notion of division (split) because all elements would be comprised in one.

What he said implies a duality between duality and oneness so the existence of a duality comprises itself as a duality, when oneness would associate opposites into indistinguishable oneness. Therefore accepting oneness as an antithesis to duality is the byproduct of a duality as their existence depends on preconceived opposite notion that they have towards one another.

When they lose their sense of awe,
people turn to religion.
When they no longer trust themselves,
they begin to depend upon authority.

Therefore the Master steps back
so that people won't be confused.
He teaches without a teaching,
so that people will have nothing to learn.