How do we improve this list?

How do we improve this list?

>Kierkegaard
>beginner

You find something real to care about.

By embracing the religion of your forefathers, go worship a tree or the sun, stop obeying the ramblings of delirious sand people.

*tip*

By putting something on there that people will actually read.

Remove:
>The Case for Christ
>Reasonable Faith
>Les Miserables
>The Shack
>Redeeming Love
>most of that shit in the fiction section

Spirituality
Beginner:
>The Imitation of Christ (move)
>Story of a Soul, autobiography of St. Therese of Lisieux (add)
>The Seven Storey Mountain (add)
>Introduction to the Devout Life (add)
>The Rule of St. Benedict (move)
Intermediate:
>The Three Ages of the Interior Life by Garrigou-Lagrange (add)

Theology
Beginner:
>Theology for Beginners (add)
>The Spirit of Catholicism by Karl Adam (add)

Intermediate:
>Introduction to Christianity by Ratzinger (add)
>Aquinas by Feser (add)
>The Trinity by Karl Rahner (add)

Advanced:
>Insitutes of the Christian Religion by John Calvin (add)
>

Fiction:
>Silence
>Brideshead Revisited
>Collected fiction of Flannery O'Connor
>The Power and the Glory
>Father Brown stories
>The Name of the Rose
>A Confederacy of Dunces
>The Diary of a Country Priest
>Là-Bas + The Cathedral by Huysmans
>Earthly Powers by Burgess
etc.

Historical/biographical:
>Our Lady of Fatima by William Thomas Walsh
maybe the Mark Twain book about Joan of Arc, some history of the Inquisition, Reformation, early Church history etc.

Add a new section for other shit like related moral theology + philosophy:
>The Drama of Atheist Humanism by Henri de Lubac
>Essays on Woman by Edith Stein
>Intention by Elizabeth Anscombe
>Nihilism by Seraphim Rose
>I and Thou by Martin Buber ;)
>anything by Hillaire Belloc

i only know catholic shit mainly so it's slanted pretty heavily toward papistry
>mfw i dont even believe in god

Fuck off, Varg

Christfags are historically notorius for poorly defending their beliefs, can any of you give me a decent argument ontowards the existence of god?

For starters, remove The Shack in the fiction section. That book is fucking terrible, not to mention blasphemous.

Never read it, looked like typical cash in/shill religous fiction garbage.

How is it blasphemous though? A lot of Catholics at my wife's church have been recommending it (I'm a congregationalist) so I assume it's very catholic?

God is experienced, not argued for.

It's a liberal Protestant book. Google it if you want more info, but I'll simply say that it portrays God the Father as a fat black woman.

WE

Yea did a quick google search and I can see what you mean. I'm really surprised that my wife's church is so obsessed with this, they usually hate anything that could be seen as protestant.

I actually believe in patristic univeralism (that's the extent of my liberalism) but not the type being sold in the book. There definitely is a hell and it looks like the author is denying that, some of the other themes seem borderline heretical as well.

Yeah a friend of mine who is fairly conservative theologically recommended it to me. Reading it was an unpleasant surprise. I don't know why it is so popular.

I think people are just generally more stupid and are willing to accept anything "christian" as "good" simply because they're attempting to win a culture war.

I get it, we should be proud of our faith and work against atheism...However, most of this "christian literature" is just as bad as YA shit and really sad in comparison to CS Lewis and Tolkein era christian writing.

And Lewis/Tolkein was appealing to both prots and catholics/orthodox

The less Christians there are, the worse Christian art will get. It's not fiscally advisable to make a Christian film or write a Christian book that doesn't cater to the lowest common denominator.

This is what I'm talking about

>christians never stop to consider why their lcd is alot lower than athiests'

I wouldn't recommend any Bible other than "The Didache Bible with Commentaries Based on the Catechism of the Catholic Church, Ignatius Edition".

The Bible Canon section isn't necessary.

Complete overhaul of the fiction section, no more than one book per author, add Wolfe and Endo, and remove Hugo.

No Ratzinger's Jesus of Nazareth? I don't even.

Shouldn't there be a Influential Pagan Philosophy section? Plotinus is essential for understanding early and mid Christian theology.

How is the cannon section not necessary?

How? abloobloo these FUCKING CHRISTIANS wont work by my arbitrary and autistic rules

The burden of proof is on you. If you wish to use faith as an argument by all means, but known that its one I could argue against if presented with something tangible.

>burden of proof
MUH AUTISTIC ROOLZ

>ugh you just dont *get* it

literally your argument. You can always tell that Christians are trying to rationalize their beliefs instead of thoughtfully considering whether or not they make sense.

>rationalize
Fuck off with MUH AUTISTIC ROOLZ