So much to do. And the days go by so quickly. I love my work, all my work, all my projects, all my children...

>So much to do. And the days go by so quickly. I love my work, all my work, all my projects, all my children, but sometimes it seems as if the harder I work, the further behind I get.

What a stupid fat fuck. Maybe if you didn't sell your soul to the Jews you wouldn't be a slave to contracts and you'd actually have time to finish your shitty books.

Why doesnt he just finish those fucking books first.

I imagine that when you're a writer of Martin's immense talent, and you're working to finish the most important literary project of your time, that you hold yourself to a standard so high that if we mortals were to do the same, we would fail to write a word. With this in mind, it's frankly amazing that Martin writes as fast as he does. Every word he types has to be perfect, divine, inspired, as to be in harmony with the rest of the work; and the more perfection he achieves, the higher the stakes become, and the more tragic is the consequence of every misstep. A fatal mistake made at the beginning of a journey shows extraordinary incompetence, but is no tragedy; but a fatal mistake made on the verge of perfection... To endure this level of pressure, Martin must be made of something new in nature. He may in fact already be immortal, and his assured literary immortality may be superfluous.

>but sometimes it seems as if the harder I work, the further behind I get.

It does if you're like gurm and can't contain your sprawling story

JUST

This doesn't explain the travesty that is Sam's "fat pink mast."

Why is that a travesty?

Because Martin's description of sexual scenes are usually awful.

>tfw you will never role play with your cute vf
>tfw you'll never be the grass and she'll never be sunset

>the more she drank the more she shat

I'm torn between wanting him to die before he finishes the books, and wanting him to actually finish the books, but in a way that pisses everyone off.

I think if I'm forced to choose, I'd rather the latter happened. If he dies before they're done he'll go down as a genius whose life was cut short cruelly. Only by finishing the books and letting everyone down will posterity regard him as the hack he truly is.

His life will not be cut short cruelly. He wrote plenty of decent sci-fi works before ASOIAF, and he has had plenty of time to finish the series. He's let fame get to his head and has bitten off more than he can chew with his other projects.

Brandon Sanderson or someone of his ilk will end up finishing the series.

I assure you after ADWD, no one will remember him as a genius.

I feel like I'm always cringing during sex scenes in books, do you have any examples of good ones?

I mean the series/franchise is as big as ever

Maybe that's the show but the fact remains that nobody who thought he was great abandoned him after ADWD

>reading for plot

Here's one from an Asha chapter:
---
She was sopping wet when he entered her. “Damn you,” she said. “Damn you damn you damn you.” He sucked her nipples till she cried out half in pain and half in pleasure. Her cunt became the world.

Her cunt became the world.
---
I have plenty more if you want other examples.

The fuck are you gonna read for, then? The visuals?

Another classic:

>Sunset found her squatting in the grass, groaning. Every stool was looser than the one before, and smelled fouler. By the time the moon came up she was shitting brown water. The more she drank, the more she shat, but the more she shat, the thirstier she grew, and her thirst sent her crawling to the stream to suck up more water.

This is why I hate series books. Always leave off on a cliff hanger just to be a marketing kike.

DID JURN SNOOO DIE OR WHAT YOU FAT OLD DICK

It's been so fucking long I can't even remember anything else that happened besides the shitting debacle and captain cuck getting shanked. Seriously, he had primo snowpussy lined up, and what does he go and do? Muh walllllll, muh hoooonor. Should have just become king beyond the wall's #2 and tapped that ginger puss every night. Why is grrm a hack? Is it because he's too fat to have sex?

>GoT fans
I wouldn't care about finishing it either, desu.

Characters, prose and theme

>the nu males
>the tumblrites
>the hipster trendy bar
>those token minorities
>the fucking finger clicking to applaud
those threads on /tv/ were a goldmine, thanks for reminding me

More please

Sure thing:

>Sam found himself kissing her back. I said the words, he thought, but her hands were tugging at his blacks, pulling at the laces of his breeches. He broke off the kiss long enough to say, "We can't," but Gilly said, "We can," and covered his mouth with her own again. The Cinnamon Wind was spinning all around them and he could taste the rum on Gilly's tongue and the next thing her breasts were bare and he was touching them. I said the words, Sam thought again, but one of her nipples found its way between his lips. It was pink and hard and when he sucked on it her milk filled his mouth, mingling with the taste of rum, and he had never tasted anything so fine and sweet and good. If I do this I am no better than Dareon, Sam thought, but it felt too good to stop. And suddenly his cock was out, jutting upward from his breeches like a fat pink mast. It looked so silly standing there that he might have laughed, but Gilly pushed him back onto her pallet, hiked her skirts up around her thighs, and lowered herself onto him with a little whimpery sound. That was even better than her nipples. She's so wet, he thought, gasping. I never knew a woman could get so wet down there. "I am your wife now," she whispered, sliding up and down on him. And Sam groaned and thought, No, no, you can't be, I said the words, I said the words, but the only word he said was, "Yes." - A Feast for Crows (Sam and Gilly)

to be fair GRRM wanted to end ADWD with the two big battles, it was his editors and publishers who forced him to move them into TWOW so the novel is so full of cliffhangers

>he'll go down as a genius
Wut. He'll go down as a popular writer of genre fiction. And there's nothing wrong with that, because that's what he is.

>Martin's immense talent
The only thing immense about him is his pant size