Eternal /COFFEE/ General

You know what it is

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=BMHQLhxcXOE
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I don't like coffee.

sips>coffee

/ S I P / is making fun of us again!!!

Who cares what a bunch of toddlers think?

Toddlers and astroturfers desu

*tips sip*
lol enjoy your teeth staining ancient beverage grandpa

>he doesn't filter the millenial soda threads

It's the stupidest and most redundant general on the whole site. Worse than /kpop/

S I P B O Y S 2 0 1 7

wtf I love sips now

>General

stepping up my game from charbucks. Now this is what coffee is supposed to taste like.

>he tries to create a sterile, safe space for himself on the internet like a millenial would

giving y'all niggas a pity bump bc your low energy general can't keep up with /sip/

Bought two different types of coffee grounds today, can't taste it until tomorrow

hell yeah, I hit up the walnut street one a couple times a week. their tanzinia peaberry is probably the best deal but I just get whatever is fresh and cheap. make sure to check what beans they use for the drip while you're there, sometimes it's one of the overpriced ones.

oh and you can buy a half pound there if you want

>Bought two different types of ice cream today, can't taste it until I leave it out in the sun for a couple hours
its bad then

Thanks, but I don't live in Pitt. Just went up for the week to visit family. Next time I'm in PA I'll be back at CTR though

Sad!

>grounds

I'd love to try Turkish coffee, even if my pleb tastebuds can't handle the bitter abomination it most likely actually tastes like.

>Zionist starbucks fagots making these threads. >Brain dead fagots
>Funding Israel, Hillary, ISIS, Rothschilds, and plantation slavery.....

New worktable for coffee shit

>Be a shitty contract worker
>work at nestle as a data entry bitch
>get access to all the frozen food and coffee in the world
>break room has a gourmet coffee machine
>start drinking black coffee with 5 shots of espresso to stay awake in shitty job
>fucking poison myself with that every day
>my anus erupts in the evening of liquid shit
>i keep drinking black coffee with 5 shots of espresso
>my shit gets liquefied
>cant get any work done because Im on the toilet shitting my brains out
>leave position after 1 financial quarter
>haven't touched coffee since

That 60s-70s era table, the bean grinder on the floor and he has a bean roaster. Then I notice there's an electric kettle, but then there's a crowd funded espresso maker right next to an adjustable mirror. Wooden chair that doesn't match the table, check mate! Lost.

Dunno if this thread is still up but how come machines are able to make my black coffee nice and creamy meanwhile my French press it's essentially water thickness. I don't want to buy a big as s coffee machine just for me I hope I can get it creamy without.

>buys a craftsman table for KAWFEE setup

that's some serious autism. the only place an espresso maker should be is on the counter, next to the fucking sink (unless you have your kit plumbed in).

Dad ordered a bunch of free sample Nespresso capsules. We don't even have a machine for these.

Is there reason why I shouldn't dump the capsule's contents into a generic coffee filter and brew them that way?

Should have had 6

The CT1 isn't crowd funded at all. It's just a guy in the Netherlands who makes and sells them who never had a kickstarter for it.

I mix my own water from distilled and minerals, the sink isn't my water source. The drip tray I just turn 90° and empty it in the sink about one step away.

It really isn't that unique of a taste, only real difference is the fine grain like substance at the bottom

Heres the view with the sink, and some more shit to make fun of like this ridiculous ass bike

I had my first coffee made from spring water. Holy fuck it was godly.

goot gawd mahn. Get laid.

>having standards makes you a virgin
I just want to post in this thread to tell you you're projecting

kill yourself

Not him, but
t. coffee autist

I forgot to order this Thursday or Friday and I only have 158g of Costa Rican left! If I have an extra cup during the MoroGP race tomorrow morning, it looks like we'll be cutting it very close

I ask for your thoughts and prayers (and facebook likes)

I'm in love with this sassy old coffee lady
also french press for life

I've yet to find a better cold brew coffee.

>teeth staining
nobody in /sip/ has teeth

lol i bet you can't even pronounce a third of those ingredients that are destroying your internal organs

there is an element of pressure involved in that brewing system, though it probably would be ok to go generic coffee filter and brew, just you'll want to keep the water portion to a single serving size. you could try something like the picture, it might work.

fellow sip boys you need to stop raiding coffee threads. they leave us alone and attacking them will only get our generals banned

i've done this with keurig "cold beverage" cups and it was very unpleasant

dialing in something awesome today

>invited to friend's for 4th of july lunch
>"user, how do you take your coffee?"
>hmm
>tell them I like a light brew of a dark roast, around 185F, black, unless the coffee is pre-ground, then I like about one and a half tablespoons of 2% milk added, no sugar, please
>expect them to have standard black & decker drip maker and a walmart tier grinder or just preground beans
>they actually bring me out a cup of instant Maxwell House powder filled with boiling water and a tiny amount of half and half

I fucking hate this country.

I love the set-up.
My highschool gf had a table like that in her kitchen. We would fucked on it ~everyday one summer. Then they let a mexican family borrow it and they used it as lawn furniture until it was completely destroyed..

>tell them I like a light brew of a dark roast, around 185F, black, unless the coffee is pre-ground, then I like about one and a half tablespoons of 2% milk added, no sugar, please
If you actually said that, you're an idiot. Keep your power level to yourself, autismo

How can I improve my Aeropress routine?
>1. Bring water to a rolling boil on stovetop kettle.
>2. Grind 2 Tbs of beans using a burr grinder, grain-size is similar to that used for espresso.
>3. Dump coffee into inverted Aeropress (plunger set at 3). Pour boiling water into Aeropress until filled. Heat coffee mug with boiling water too.
>4. Stir with chopstick for 30s, let stand for 30s while I prep the filter.
>5. Press and drink immediately.
Are temp-control kettles worth it?

Please, I didn't even ask for a proper pour-over or bring my aeropress and hand grinder with me in my knapsack like I usually do.

You didn't even mention how it tastes

Is it normal to dump tons of sugar in coffee?

Boiling is too hot. The manual states that it takes 17 minutes for a boiling kettle to cool to ideal temp. If you don't want to spend money, you can just use like a meat/candy thermometer and a big measuring cup, then stir in a little cold water before pouring.

Considering most people have never had good coffee and use sugar to make the common swill drinkable, yes

If you have good coffee, no

Anyone doing cold brew here?
Is a burr grinder worth it or will a blade suffice?

Eh, I'm fine with having instant with cinnamon but it is instant so I can see where you're coming from.

>I like a light brew of a dark roast, around 185F, black, unless the coffee is pre-ground, then I like about one and a half tablespoons of 2% milk added, no sugar, please

If I was your friend, at that point, I'd seriously consider if mercy killing you would be too kind. "Your honor, you have to know what he said to me. This was a public good I did"

I prefer paying others to make my coffee.

Is nespresso bad? I buy espresso at a cafe but it gets pretty fucking expensive.

I've had one for a few months, and I've found it works great. Most of the other brand pods taste great too.

yes
incredibly overpriced for shitty coffee

>Bought a drip coffee maker
>Have kept it clean
>Its starting to fail draining the coffee
>I feel bad now, why are some coffee makers good when you first buy them but than they turn to shit.....

you mean those mass market $15 mr coffee machines that are almost entirely plastic except for the heating element?
you can get a ceramic pourover cone for $12, there's absolutely no excuse to buy a drip machine

Not him, but:
How do you keep the coffee warm after you've made a few cups with a pourover?

you could buy a carafe for this purpose
some pourovers even come with one included

I've thought of getting one, but wouldn't it only last a little while?

You really shouldn't keep coffee heated for hours on end, it turns sludgy and horrible.

Would a thermal carafe be a good idea?

Do you mean a vacuum mug?

No, like a thermal flask, in the shape of a carafe. To be fair, I've only seen them for drip machines.

>you're

This. I usually make a litre of coffee in the morning and what doesn't get finished gets poured into a mason jar then into fridge and drank as iced coffee later. It's pretty, pretty, pretty good.

new and bought this
youtube.com/watch?v=BMHQLhxcXOE
what are those cups called or where can i get ones to make americanos without transferring the shot

>not brick/hardwood walls

I wish I was coffee.

>have to skip my morning coffee because it fucks with my digestion and gives me hemorrhoids
Why is life so difficult?

>he doesn't use coffee to aid digestion after meals and as a laxative to force out a nice healthy morning dump

I don't need to force it out. It comes out much more comfortably if I let it take its time.

Explain this

I prioritize living near work over having sick walls

Coffee water. I use distilled water and mix in sodium bicarbonate (baking soda) and magnesium sulfate (epsom salt) into flask at very strong levels, then mix those with more water to dilute it in other flasks. I use BaristhHustle recipes. Namely "pretty hard" for espresso and "Hendon" for brew.

I'm pretty shocked at how good this coffee is. I've been searching for a grocery store replacement after everybody in the country stopped selling god tier Kauai Coffee, and this is the first one that I really like.

Goddamn french vanilla, holy shit.

>I like a light brew of a dark roast, around 185F, black
I'd have kept the good shit hidden if I was your friend

>185F
that seems a bit cool no?
I brew my shit at 92-95 C

first thing you need to do is measure beans by weight not volume.

don't even consider getting a blade grinder for coffee

It'll be okay, but not exceptional. The main problem is consistency - the uneven nature of the grind will fuck up extraction.

If that's what you can afford, though, then go for it.

Save up for a little handheld burr grinder. It's a bit more work, but the difference is noticeable.

I bet they dont even sip

I have lived through something quite similar

where did i imply that you couldn't get a cheap and decent handheld burr grinder?
what said. i'd also recommend a hario mini mill.

Whats the cheapest Espresso machine thats good?

>How do you keep the coffee warm after you've made a few cups with a pourover?
put it in a thermos

Gaggia Classic

i make a 32 oz thermos full every morning and just drink however much I need. Usually 16-20 oz.