D R E A M S C A P E

I made this thread not long past a few days ago so I won't spam it; if this thread dies without much discussion I'll consider it as good as dead.

docs.google.com/document/d/1pt7yVtCLdPQ287uPO1An2tpKqXm9TP6ERuMeuV_qVak/edit

Does anyone know what's happening?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1AnQ18bSPqDeYg50FGTHaDwLB4gKMgDmFjrsESeuPtD8/edit?usp=sharing
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I cannot tell if this is horseshit or hidden genius, but it looks great. Is development still going on?

No idea, the user who made the document near the end of last year shared it on Veeky Forums but I've no heard of him since. Just wondering if he's taking this anyways, as it's pretty interesting. I don't see any problem in Veeky Forums doing an annual novel collab, Dreamscape was pretty fun and I was glad to be a part of it.

日本で名前が大好きだよ。

doki doki

Try for example - 日本語での書名 - if that's what you want to say. The で is optionary, 日本語の書名 is fine too.

Veeky Forums collabs follow a method of 'horseshit genius'

what exactly is this?

We should just keep working on this forever.

what is it?

I enjoyed Rumspringa.

a collaborative novel we started at the end of last year

if you want to see finished ones, search for: 'Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra' or 'Hypersphere;

Our protagonist, Jay Phaedon, is an Olympic runner. He gets rescued from his abusive father by Nick Land and joins a commune of New Sincerists operating somewhere in post-apocalyptic, liberal Sweden.

There's been no real changes. When people have registered interest, I've made new topics, but they don't get any replies so I've gracefully let them pass. It probably needs editing, as I've only really looked over part 1.

Here is a version of Dreamscape which is frozen to edits:
docs.google.com/document/d/1AnQ18bSPqDeYg50FGTHaDwLB4gKMgDmFjrsESeuPtD8/edit?usp=sharing

Looking good so far. Personally when you do the edit I seperate all the stories by a page break, it'd just come off cleaner that way in print

btw are you planning on putting it up for print? or are you only making an ebook?

I've got no real interest in that stuff, if someone else wants to do that it's fine .

I'll be happy to create a print manuscript, if the document is considered finished (ie doesn't need anything more added to it) then I could start now. I just held off in case there were still contributions being made to it.

It really does need editing.

I just set up a 5 x 8 print manuscript and went through the book - each and every story is separated onto its own page so it looks a lot cleaner.

In regards to editing I don't really know how far to go with it. Am I just correcting spelling mistakes and grammar? I feel like I should leave it as it is, because half of the time the fun comes in deciphering the stories through the mess

I meant more significant restructuring. Sometimes changing the names in stories to make the overall plot a bit more coherent, can make it a lot better. It gets a bit unfocused at the end from what I've read.

I'll have a look into it but I'd rather not change the plot for editing purposes since it is a collab project at the end of the day. I might make a copy variant that's heavily edited plot wise but retain the version I currently have, then later comparison's can be made to see which ones people prefer.

what are some standout parts?

Fair enough. I didn't really change the plot of things on my editing passes, I basically just changed names, places, etc. so it's all set in the same universe, along with minor changes to the writing (very few, basically spelling and toning down memes), and sometimes reordering sections

Rumspring and 12 Faces of the Prophet Muhammad

>reading Veeky Forums lit for the plot

Dreamscape was, from the outset, written to have a more focused setting than other Veeky Forums creations.