Edward Gorey regularly included extra-creepy material in his writings, like pic related...

Edward Gorey regularly included extra-creepy material in his writings, like pic related. He also fictionally adapted the Moors murders, of all things, into another story (The Loathsome Couple). Not even industrial band Throbbing Gristle had the immediate courage to release their very first album with the opening track all about same subject-they shelved it for a time.

Gorey never married, frequently wrote works involving children (despite not associating with them), and was an all-around eccentric bachelor who struck good on a literary career.

So the question is: What was Gorey's sexual orientation, if any? Asexual? Was Gorey a pedo but one of those well-disposed pedos who never act on their desires? etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=d47Jibt-EOE
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>one of those well-disposed pedos who never act on their desires?
Probably. Or just a weirdo.
I mean, I don't want to brag, but I've watched serial killer documentaries obsessively since I was a kid and I have weird fetishes too, but I'm not a serial killer or a pedo but I am asexual.

Some people just like fucked up things. I mean, there are people who collect serial killer paraphernalia (which is too weird, even for me). I don't know enough about this guy to commit to a theory, but it could go either way. He probably just liked fucked up things.

What do you mean by
>I have weird fetishes
>but I am asexual

some asexuals experience sexual pleasure, the nerves are all still there after all, it's a sliding scale. I have fetishes and masturbate, but I have no interest in actually having sex with anybody.

?

>I've watched serial killer documentaries obsessively since I was a kid and I have weird fetishes too, but I'm not a serial killer or a pedo but I am asexual.
Literally me

i call him edward gayey

You're just autistic, friend.

nope

that's because you've never read his work, and you have to say something to validate what passes for an existence but since you don't know the first thing about Gorey - and you're too lazy to even google it - you say that.

> revises estimate of your mental age below 15

you're not asexual. you're posing as an asexual in the hope that a girl will notice and might find it intriguing. keep it up, though, you're making the rest of us look good by comparison.

nope

I didn't know he wrote anything himself. I have two volumes of Robert Aickman stories with Gorey's artwork. Seems somewhat fitting based on what you're saying considering that a lot of Aickman's work concerns "abnormal" sexuality.

find and read "The Unstrung Harp, or Mr Earbrass Writes a Novel". it's worth it.

Never heard of this gentleman but I find his artwork genuinely disturbing.

will do. there's a collection of a few of his works including that one that I plan on checking out.

youtube.com/watch?v=d47Jibt-EOE

if you like edward gorey you're actually gay tho lol

I had a copy of The Loathsone Couple on my book shelf. My mother, who is an elementary school teacher noticed it and started reading it to see if it was something she could bring in to show the kids in her class. She got to the part about Ian Brady being discovered torturing a small animal to death as a child (I think it's either the 2nd or 3rd page of the book iirc)and asked "user, what is wrong with you?"

Good times.

The collection that contains The Unstrung Harp is titled Amphigorey. Note there are several other collections with a similar name (Amphigorey Too, Amphigorey Also, Amphigorey Again)

"Mr Earbrass can only conclude that the apathy of the lower figures is due to their having been deprived of novels."

go read a book, user. it'll stop you obsessing over penises.

he's on record as saying he was basically asexual
if you listen to him being interviewed he sounds pretty gay but he didn't have a gay partner
basically he just lived a quiet life alone with his cats