What are the ESSENTIAL pans and pots

soon I'll move out and begin to live alone, so consider I'll start from zero
what are the essential pans and pots I must have?
I like to cook and I would like to be able to prepare a decent variety of food
thank you very much my friends

12' stainless steel pan, 10' nonstick, small and large saucepots

fuck off teflon-jew.

12 in carbon steel
12 inch ss
1 dutch oven
1 saucepan

This but throw out the stainless steel pan for a cast iron one.

I also disavow nonsticks because my cast iron is my nonstick and you can fight me.

Also you're gonna want a good baking dish, large with high walls.

One large nonstick pan (check out what bottom dimater wuill fit on your oven first), a large pot and a small pot are pretty much indispensable. If you like steak and fried stuff get a cast iron or a carbon steel pan, too. Next item would be a large diameter but low braising pot, it can usually replace a stainless steel pan. A good cutting board and a knife are usually better items to spend real money on.

I make pan sauces in my stainless steel, I really only break out the cast iron for steaks

And if you aren't planning on using induction ask around among your family and relatives for used stuff first, or look in pawn shops. Many people are throwing out their old stuff because they are switching to induction.

I don't see the point. I make pan sauces in my cast iron all the time. The only thing I don't do in it is tomato sauces and I guess certain braises.

That's why I recommended a braising pot (stainless steel I assumed more or less by default), they are good for sauces, too.

Can't really braise in a cast iron pan anyway, since no lid.

thank you for the many answers
is copper a meme btw?
I'm thinking about pic related from De Buyer

I'd rather have the pan to the pot, he's asking about essentials. I have a Dutch oven for braising, but I use my ss way more than I braise.

Copper is, in fact, a meme.

uncoated, $10-$15 wok. everything else is optional.

you are a meme, a 9gag meme

I will stomp on your faggoty copper pots and sell them for scrap.

unless you want to cook with 1 tbsp of butter each time you make eggs a small teflon is useful

americans, ladies and gentlemen

a well loved and seasoned cast iron skillet takes incredibly little oil or butter to achieve that effect.

Mine is basically nonstick. It's amazing.

One big cast iron stewpot.

I use my CI too but I can't really make perfect french omelette with small curds without a lot of butter. Even then I get some browning. Also the curved sides of a non-stick are useful too.

I guess so, but my nonsticks all got so warped over the years and you eventually DO chip/scratch them I just gave up entirely.

Never really make french omelettes myself anyway, and if I do then I'm doing it with plenty of butter in my stainless steel.

Do it like this. Anyone that can't make a decent omelette in a stainless pan can't cook. "Nonstick" is a lazyass pop (last 30 years) fad with serious health consequences. 95% of clowns wailing about nonstick couldn't produce a better omelette, and most restaurants are far worse.

>Teflon poison shills btfo.

>fuck off teflon-jew.
There non-stick options other than teflon. I am a fan of the ceramic coated aluminum pans for non-stick.

Dumb frogposter

approximately how large is a baking dish supposed to be, and does a combination of things substitute for a dutch oven?

also, after you season a stainless steel pan, are you supposed to use high or medium heat to cook things?

that's not a french omelette

There is literally nothing wrong with this.