Why doesn't this get as much hate as Harry Potter does on this board? Is it due to popularity?

Why doesn't this get as much hate as Harry Potter does on this board? Is it due to popularity?

HP is a good book and Rowling will go down with the likes of King and Martin to be honest.

Twilight is just shit

Faggots and morons don't bring it up as much as HP.
#wow
#woah
People. usually, aren't going out of their way to shit on Harry Potter here.
There's no reason to even bother calling Twilight shit, it advertises itself as shit.

Because Twilight is already irrelevant and, more or less, forgotten about by everybody.
Annoying faggots are still talking about Hairy Pooper, though.

Twilight was a overhyped fad that the world has largely forgotten.

Harry Potter still has a sizeable following amongst people of a similar age to the majority of Veeky Forums

I once watched the first film and it was "so bad it's really funny film"

>Twilight was a overhyped fad that the world has largely forgotten.

True. I only made this thread because I saw a trailer for that new Kirsten Stewart movie (Personal Shopper) that prompted me to remember it.

Stewart is a good actress and so is Robert Pattinson. I love that they both chased arthouse actor careers after Twilight, funny coincidence.

Yeah, I like them both too. Cool dudes.

Although I most definitely did not understand Cosmopolis and should probably re-watch it (or read the novel).

because jk rowling is doing everything in her human possibly to kill her dignity and shill that book forever

plus harry potter was way more successful per se and its fans created a sort of cult and still use it to process everything that happens in the world and frame complex events thru hp archetypes

many people i know only read harry potter in their whole lives so they have to try and intellectualize it in order to wage on some sort of 'work of art'

this situation makes both the writer and the reader an easy target to mock

I loved Cosmopolis. Can't wait to see Personal Shopper.

She was good in her little role in Billy Lynn, and great in Cafe Society. Robert had a good smaller role in The Childhood of A Leader.

HP is worse because normies don't think it's trash. Everyone knows Twilight is corny teenage romance, so it's hard to really hate. HP advertises itself as the voice of a generation of readers, and we need to not let that happen

HP is really popular on reddit and among ostentatiously "geeky" people in general, so people who go on Veeky Forums are naturally going to rip on it.

Because Twilight was flavor of the month shit that everyone's already forgotten about while HP is an enduring cultural icon.

What are we if we're not geeks?

Anime enthusiasts

This tbqh. Geek is in the realm of normies, and has been for years. Anime is still very much in the realm of the autist, and here at four chan dot org we prefer to keep it that way.

N-man was right about everything, and I know he'd be waifuposting with us if he were alive now.

Who would Nietzsche's waifu be?

Revy

Hmmm. What do you consider an anime enthusiast? I can probably name