Homemade pizza from scratch dough and sauce attempt #2

Homemade pizza from scratch dough and sauce attempt #2

What do you cu/ck/s think?

least you didn't bomb the pic this time

lemme see underneath

Improved photography as well. Went way better this time.

Side shot.

Used cornmeal this time.

looks fine m80
would have to taste it to say more than that

bretty gud

it's delicious, I am very surpised and pleased.

Cooked it 2 min less and the crust came out crisp and chewy. Sauce is much improved.

that looks outstanding. it's making me crave pizza.

Looks good would definitely eat

Looks okay. A bit overcooked and could do with more onion/pepper.

is that ham in there? I love ham on pizza. my only complaint is that the green peppers are not chopped up but that's not my call. good looking pizza, user

> no real mozzerella

mozzeralla and provolone mix

pepperoni, canadian bacon, italian sausage, bacon, onion, green pepper

It's co/ck/s, not cu/ck/s, faggot.

Looks very nice, would eat.

Looks pretty alright.
6.5/10

how 2 make dough from scratch

recipe that I use

-----------------------------------------------------------
INGREDIENTS
1 Kg bag of Neapolitan Tipo 00 Flour (Caputo or other) – should be about 5+ cups
2 + 2/3 Cups Luke Warm Water (473ml + 158ml)
2 Teaspoons Active Dry Yeast (1 Packet Fleischman’s) [1 tsp for 48hr Rise / 2 tsp for 24hr rise] (4g or 8g)
1 Tablespoon Table Salt (15g)
½ Teaspoon Sugar (2.5g)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
Note: For those who care, this turns out to be about 63% Hydration by weight.

MAKING THE DOUGH
STEP 1
1. Combine 2/3 Cup (158ml) luke warm water and yeast in small bowl or measuring cup. Stir with fork, and let stand 10 minutes. Yeast should become foamy as it proofs. If it does not, your yeast is no good - throw it out, and get new yeast!
2. Meanwhile, use whisk to thoroughly mix all dry ingredients.
3. Using mixer’s dough hook and speed 1 (KitchenAid), combine 2.5 cups (half) of the flour mixture, tbsp Olive Oil and 2 cups (473ml) luke warm water in mixer bowl.
4. Once combined, add yeast solution and mix for 10 minutes, using speed 2, scraping down sides of bowl as required.
5. Dough should now resemble a wet lumpy pancake batter. Let stand for 10 minutes. You should see small bubbles appear in the dough, and the lumpiness will be gone.

STEP 2
6. Add remaining flour mixture and mix on speed 1 until combined, and scrape down sides of bowl.
7. Using Speed 1, mix for 5 minutes. The dough should separate from sides of mixing bowl before the 5 minute mark, but let it knead until the 5 minutes are up.
8. Remove dough hook, and let stand for 10 minutes.

STEP 3
9. The dough should still be fairly wet and sticky.
10. Use a plastic spatula or scraper to remove dough from mixer bowl onto a lightly floured counter. Form it into a ball, kneading it briefly, and tucking it under itself. The dough will be quite sticky. Place in a large lightly oiled bowl. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and place in fridge.
11. Let dough proof in fridge for 24 hours or more. It should double in size (at least).

FORMING THE DOUGH BALLS
(2 to 4 hours prior to cooking)
1. Remove dough from bowl onto counter, and work it into a long sausage shape, using bench flour sparingly.
2. Use bench scraper or large knife to divide into 5 equal sized balls of about 320g each. Form balls by hand (no kneading!), and by tucking them under themselves. Do NOT overwork the dough!
3. Place balls in a large sealed proofing tray, sprinkling a small amount of flour down first. A large restaurant-style plastic bin with a snap-on lid is ideal, or improvise with another container and plastic wrap. You want to keep the moisture inside so the balls don’t develop a dry outer skin.
4. Allow dough balls to come to room temperature and proof for 2 to 4 hours, keeping them covered. The balls will double their size, but will flatten out somewhat due to their moisture content. This is perfect!
5. Time this so that you can use the dough balls immediately.

NOTE: Sometimes I make the balls well ahead of cooking time. In this case, put them in the fridge, and remove them 2 to 4 hours before cooking time so they can warm up.

As long as you didn't get sick from eating it, what's not to like?

I'll try this tomorrow, though I'll probably use regular "flour"
thanks.
I don't have a mixer though either

then knead it by hand for 10-15 minutes. You'll get enough dough for 5 small pizzas, 4 medium pizzas, or 3 large pizzas.

I freeze the other balls once I divide it up.

I'd prefer to have the meat on top of the cheese so it gets browned, but it looks really good.

Meat was on top to the cheese, but I had a little bit left over and sprinkled on the top

For the crust I melted 2 TBSP butter and brushed it on the crust by dipping a paper towl and used this seasoning for sprinkler :
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder ( Fresh garlic 2 Tsp )
- 1 Tbsp Onion Powder ( if not available, you can omit it )
- 1 Tbsp Oregano
- 1 Tsp Garlic Salt ( any salt )

Put into empty salt/herb shaker

Tastes like pizza huts garlic bread

dough recipe plz

im diggin it

Disturbing lack of 'chovies

see

not cheese and basil leaves.

not fire baked in a wood oven

0/10

nice meme

looks good but cornmeal is aids

Crust looks a little pale. How hot is your oven?

crust came out nice and crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside.

Hm. Should be hot enough. I guess if the texture's alright that's what matters.

Glad it turned out, user.

Probably the lighting, crust was a lot more golden than pic implies.

Are you using pre-grated cheese? That'll be why it burns up like that. Grate your own.

Good tip, I'll try that next time.

Besides pregrated for 2 cups of cheese costs way more than it should.

looks fucking amazing dude. nothing like fresh home made pizza. This looks almost like the pies a local place makes. The way you cut and placed the green peppers is my favourite,

Good job buddy!

I like to use mozzarella pearls, personally.

Yeah thats good shit mane

we need to see a pic of your pizza to know

what the fuck are mozzarella pearls?

curds?

Yep. Made with my special brine.

I'll have to keep a look out, I've got some soft mozzarella cheese balls to try the meme neapolitan pizza with.

looks good.

What's a good brand of mozzarella?

>pregrated burns
Maybe I'll use some pregrated cheese on purpose