>he buys his books through Amazon®

>not shoplifting from amazon

>you actually care about this

>YOU WOULDN'T STEAL AN EBOOK

>not buying your books through the amazon subsidiary bookdepository.com

> xe buys xer books through Amazon®

Where else should I get my books?

>Amazon still doesn't accept paypal
shit's annoying. which online booksellers accept paypal (other than eBay and B&N)?

Tomorrow I'm gonna stop by a used book store that's apparently in my town

Abebooks is pretty good.

>nobody's buying my ebooks through Amazon®

seconding abebooks. otherwise, book depository and ebay or localized alternatives.
nothing wrong with digital books either. it'll save you a world of disappointment. i actually tend to be able to pay closer attention and thus retain more when i'm reading on screen.

whats the point of amazon when the book depository offer free shipping
>paying the paypal tax

local used bookstore

nice, lad

Free advertising for Amazon.

Veeky Forums is so cool.

>implying it matters where you buy your books, as long as you get the book you want for the price you're willing to pay.

Buys books from Amazon? Who cares?

$0.01 + shipping and i can get books mailed to me

i don't have to go to no dumbass book store

How else will you meet your future oneitis?

>tfw ywn

abebooks is amazon you tards

thriftbooks .. .Got that 1st edition of J.R comfy to the limit nawimsayin

Amazon will charge a penny a book up until the day they put the last bookstore out of business, then prices will rise to the point where Twilight trades with missing covers will cost 400 dollars and all their newly idled drones will be sent to drop hellfire missiles on anyone suspected of piracy. If this upsets you, throw your local bookstore a bone every now and again.

I'm pretty much stuck buying my books online. The only local bookstore is a little specialty shop that has old hardcovers and romance novels. They have really good stuff but it's never something I'd read. For example, I was there last month and they had a first edition of In Cold Blood next to a mass market paperback of some Bronte.

This just in: It is now illegal to (re)open bookstores for the rest of time.

If amazon fucks with prices, competitors will reemerge.

Paypal is owned by ebay so its never happening my man.

the only Local bookstore is a shit tier chain that never had what I'm looking for.

Amazon's already fucked with prices, at least in the UK. At Christmas I found that most books I was looking for we're cheaper from other sites like Hive, A Great Read, and even WH Smiths.

>we're cheaper
Screw you, phone

I'm sorry, did you just assume my perception of reality?

>he converted to catholicism because of the intellectual traditions
>he totally disregards the notorious illiteracy in the catholic countries
>he thinks that hoarding books makes you smart, so he goes full Vatican
>he thinks that the encyclicals have something to say, so he tries to find meaning in all the verbiage

i just use alibris.

I steal mine from Barnes & Noble

Amazon is really only good for those penny books

You don't pay it, the seller does. Unless you're explaining why Amazon doesn't have it.

bookdepository is the best

prove me wrong

you can't

>contributing the cancer that is paypal

I thought they split years ago?

Then Amazon just drops prices for two weeks, repeat as needed. This is exactly how Walmart works in a small town, minus the fanciful hellfires.

I had no idea this was even possible, but 4,940 days after my first Amazon order (Sept 1, 2003), my wish list is officially full.

>order a book on March 8th
>still hasn't shipped

SOME FAGGOT IN OKLAHOMA IS STILL SITTING ON MY ORDER REEEEEEEEEEE

second hand book shops. don't waste money on new books.

Can't access amazon from my third-world country.. ;_;

i'm pretty sure op doesn't like amazon.

> not buying from based Wordery and Book Depository

sorry to hear you can't afford to pay your bills, rent and nursing home costs not sorry ahh FAGGOT

fuck amazon from a sellers perspective. They take all your money. Long live eBay.

I will not be blackmailed by some ineffectual, privileged, effete, soft-penis debutante. You wanna start a street fight with me, bring it on, but you're gonna be surprised by how ugly it gets. You don't even know my real name. I'm the fucking Lizard King.

i love you, bob casonowa

Why is Book Depository the preferred choice? Is it more expensive than Amazon?

It's owned by Amazon anyway. I prefer Hive and Wordery because they're often cheaper.

What this thread needs is some solid facts. Here's Britbong prices for Gravity's Rainbow (vintage edition with coloured rockets on black background)

>Amazon
£9.98
>Book Depository
£9.98
>Waterstone's (major high street shop)
£9.99
>WH Smith (high street shop with crappy book selection)
£6.99
>wordery
£7.94
>Hive
£8.59

Conclusion: Amazon is pretty shit really.

Inside UK perhaps, in NL bookdepository is often cheaper