Made some beef stew

Paired it with a Cabernet Sauvignon

Meat's a little too tough. Gonna stew the rest for another hour

Well everything about this is horrible including your choice of glassware.

Had to steal my roommate's glass.

Meat looks a little big, probably should have cut it smaller. What cut you using? Also, where's your broth bro?

I'll cut it next time. The broth is in the pot with the rest of the stew to soften the meat more.

meat is costco stewing beef.

Bland!

Looks like sensible weekday dinner. 3.5/5

Meat looks like it could've used more browning.

It certainly could've. I probably didn't use enough flour and there was too much meat for the pan.

Not terrible for a /pol/ack who probably seldom cooks. Use smaller pieces of meat next time.

a medium wine like Merlot goes with stew. cabernet sauvignon is more for fatty steaks

that brew has no decent colour to it, if thats onions, they're chopped too big, the meat isnt browned, i see no presence of celery, a basic ingredient in making the base mirepoix.

what the fuck are you doing lad.

>mirepoix
Brown food coloring for broth, more browning time, and celery for next time. Thanks senpai

not gonna say i never didn't know how to cook, good job
like others have said, smaller meats, cook at least 2 hours longer by the look of it
good job dude, it feels good to not eat hot pockets huh

The reason your meat is tough not because you didn't stew it long enough, only really stringy tough cuts with a shit ton of connective tissue need long stewing times.

More than like you boiled your stew at some point, when you do that it causes the outside of the meat to seize up and shrink and then its fucked. The proper way is to have the meat in the lightest simmer your stove can manage.

Remember the old adage; A stew boiled is a stew spoiled.

Also I personally don't add any salt directly to meat that's going to be simmered, because I think it causes all the moisture to leech out and cause it to become dry. I season the broth and then at the end to taste.

>3.5/5
Also known as 7/10. Seems a bit overrated when you look at it now huh?

You need some toasted, crusty French bread for sopping up stew, OP. Gotta have the crunchiness of the crust to contrast with the mushiness of the stew.

That's below average on the ReviewBrah scale.

Poor choice. 'Stewing beef' is generally just all the miscellaneous trim diced up. A lot of the pieces aren't really suitable for stewing. Get a nice big piece of chuck otlr some cheeks or short ribs and dice them yourself.

Also, if you want good flavor in a stew, you need WAY more browning than that. How much caramelization you get on your meat and onions at the very start pretty much determines how good your stew will be. You want your meat deeply browned on all sides, and your onions sliwly cooked down until they're riding the line on starting to burn, but just on this side of it.

If you really want GOAT stew, making your own beef or veal stock helps a lot with that too, but not everyone wants to do that.

That's the saddest looking beef stew I have ever seen in my life. That cow was slaughtered for naught.