Is chastity necessary to live a virtuous life? I have a long term GF but we've yet to have sex...

Is chastity necessary to live a virtuous life? I have a long term GF but we've yet to have sex, just because both of us are a little nervous about pre-marital sex and I'm interested in Lit's take...

Obviously for many of you there isn't a choice, but I'm sure some of you can imagine a scenario where it would be...

SPOOKED

I'm of the opinion that if you want to have sex you should be prepared to commit to a deep emotional relationship and sacrificial commitment to that person for the rest of your life. Which is basically marriage, so you might as well just get married.
I also don't intend to marry, which probably means I'll die a virgin, ironically

To many cultures sex was marriage. A marriage where the husband and wife did not have sex were not truly married.

Oh my god he has a Bog chin

what are you doing dude? stuff your chick, anal then dump

Chastity is a difficult routine. Virtue is all about difficult routines.

It didn't work out for Ebenezer Cooke.

>muh ascetic ideal

You're a fucking cuck.

>Is chastity necessary to live a virtuous life?
No. In the past, humans didn't well understand the fact that in order to have good (supremely enjoyable) sex, you have to care about the other person. Sex in the past also had the potential consequence of childbirth, which was undesirable if you were just having sex for pleasure. The monogamous system was invented to account for these two facts; it, in essence, attempts to force the couple to care about each other as well as any children they have.

Given modern technology (contraceptives), you can care about someone, have very enjoyable sex with them, and neutralize the potentially resource-draining outcome of a child. So you can still have "virtuous" sex while unmarried, provided you care about your partner.

Don't let the "pre-marital" label spook you. It only has a negative connotation because many people engaging in pre-marital sex do so with a partner they don't care much about, thus using their partner as a glorified fleshlight or dildo.

What fucking planet are you from that pre-marital sex is seen as wrong? And where did you find a girl to go along with you?

Earth
Also Earth

Sex is acceptable if you have a genuine relationship with the other person but wanton casual encounters are degenerate and degrading

t. virgin

And yet, this says absolutely nothing as to whether or not chastity is virtuous

>t. virgin
perhaps the most unecessary application of this meme I've ever seen

It's only fair to give full disclosure.

now prove me wrong faggot

>Tfw there are anons who are this detached from reality

Pre-marital sex is outlawed in Christianity and Islam so you should marry your gf before having sex. You're lucky you've found a girl who's on the same wavelength as you.

here to tell you that's the correct conclusion but wrong justification. Nice try, Sam Harris, falseflags have to be subtle to work.

Not everyone grew up in the city.

Then again, there's people like this even in cities.

How the fuck can TWO adult people get SCARED of pre-marital sex? I'm not even telling you to do it or not, I'm just curious, what is there to be scared about?

How the fuck can TWO adult people get SCARED of having a kid? I'm not even telling you to do it or not, I'm just curious, what is there to be scared about?
How the fuck can TWO adult people get SCARED of buying a house? I'm not even telling you to do it or not, I'm just curious, what is there to be scared about?
How the fuck can TWO adult people get SCARED of moving to another country? I'm not even telling you to do it or not, I'm just curious, what is there to be scared about?
How the fuck can TWO adult people get SCARED of trying something new? I'm not even telling you to do it or not, I'm just curious, what is there to be scared about?

I've never listened to Sam Harris and I'm unironically Muslim. What is the correct justification?

Not OP, but eternal damnation is a good enough reason.

where do you live? a third world country? Get contraceptives you uneducated fuck.

Not everyone values sex as much as you on a physical level (just nut if you have to) and not everyone values sex as little as you on a non-physical level, namely sex's ability to foster emotional connection and commitment. Why would I want to fuck someone that im not committed to being with?