The technological singularity is beginning. 2018 is going to be a wild ride

The technological singularity is beginning. 2018 is going to be a wild ride.

t, AI researcher

[citation needed]

[citation needed]

>t.shitposter

citation needed

humans will begin to shed their mortal shells soon, 2018 is going to be a wild ride.

t, human researcher

>t. angry singularityfag
First time watching star trek?

Define “singularity”. This term has become a meme in popsci and could mean 1 of like 10 different things.

The gender singularity is beginning. 2018 is going to be a wild ride.

t, womenstudy researcher

my mom keeps trying to convice me to join her in the revolutionary struggle but I keep telling her communism won't work because the singularity and post scarcity will never happen. what are some good arguments against the possibilty of the singularity that I can tell my mom so that she stops bothering me?

The Infinite Tendie

Humans will soon escape their fleshy prisons and replace them with glorious iron and steel vessels. 2018 is going to be a wild ride.

t, biomedical engineer

For real though, other than alphago, what's new in AI?

it just learned to learn by playing with itself, without any human input

i learned how to play with myself 15years ago. nothing special about that.

The ability to edit genes freely for industrial purposes is getting super close. 2018 is going to be a wild ride.

t, Geneticist

It's a big leap indeed, I just didn't know if there have been any other milestones since then. Is alphago very close to a real artificial general intelligence, or could it not self train for other games/problems?

P = NP is beginning. 2018 is going to be a wild ride for AIs.

t, Complexity researcher

Ah...
Fuck.

How can [math]HURRR[/math] in function of [math]HURR[/math] not draw a straight line?

I want this to be true so fucking much holy shit

You just have to find the 3rd order root equation and realign the x-factor by an i value in quadrant 6, then add matrix z every 5 quintons.

lrn2math faggot

>>For real though, other than alphago, what's new in AI?

Nothing

Everything

There aren't any major individual developments, the real development is that it's being applied everywhere. It's not a meme any more, it has actual practical purposes.

>P = NP

U wot

I'm a brainlet

I love those GPU-powered gradient descents.

So are there any real developments right now? It seems like most of the stuff is hyped up by meme pop sci blogs.

You'd need infinite code and infinite computing power to have AI with consciousness. It will never happen, sorry.

>You'd need infinite code and infinite computing power to have AI with consciousness. It will never happen, sorry.

Just like our brains, sure. Infinite power.

Fag.

>It seems like most of the stuff is hyped up by meme pop sci blogs.
That's because they are. Nothing significant has been developed since the smartphone.

What if it can fake consciousness perfectly?

good larp, b-but you do know that society would collapse if P=NP is solved

>you do know that society would collapse if P=NP is solved

I don't even know what this means

What the fuck does it mean

Dumbest thing I've read all year.

Ooh nice one

I think that's pretty special

Consciousness is infinite, not the brain. You assume consciousness "comes out" of the brain, it is simply a puppet to chemical processes that aren't themselves conscious.

Ideas like this are so illogical they somehow evade critical thinking. Consciousness being created by non-conscious chemicals... Or in AI's case, non-conscious computer code and computer hardware creating consciousness... how can you believe such wacky shit? And yet somehow, this is a popular scientific opinion. Start using your own brains for once, not "scientists" with overactive imaginations.

You seem lost. Let me guide you: .

>implying Orch-OR isn't true

Science is lost, it has no business explaining consciousness, stick to the non-conscious.

Science studying consciousness is like a scale trying to weigh itself. Science is consciousness, they are not separate.

You might want to get your head checked.

Narrow minded arrogance doth not an argument make.

Neither does presenting a baseless claim brought into existence by a demoralizing combination of complete retardation and reading books written by philosophers who don't want science encroaching on their precious circle jerk about subjectivity. Fuck off back to /x/ you useless faggot, you're not wanted here.

Consciousness...
Born from the void...

Fuck.

I barely managed to survive that surprise...

I mean it was given a reward framework and a constrained series of actions. That's quite a bit of input in my opinion. I get that it wasn't given a training set but still it's a bit less than people are putting on.

>work and a constrained series of actions. That's quite a bit of input in my opinion. I get that it wasn't given a training set but still it's a bit less than people are putting on.

Isn't that why we came to earth in the first place?

That taste of something greater?

It means that to calculate something is the same as solving something.

That the age old adage of what you put in is what you get out is also inversely possible.
What get out is what you put in.

This would allow for stupidly advanced "Sacrificial" methods of creating matter from energy and vice versa.

Marty McFly would be jealous.

P = NP
Means that N = 1

End my suffering.

Make me a robit, OP.

life comes from dead shit doing dead shit stuff, is not a stretch to think that conscious shit can come from non conscious shit

>is not a stretch to think that conscious shit can come from non conscious shit
Comes naturally if you are a moron.

P=NP means that if you can quickly verify a solution to a problem, you can just as quickly solve the problem. Modern cryptography relies on people not being able to do this. If anybody ever finds a practical proof that P=NP, kiss goodbye to crypto. The internet is fucked, electronic cash (>97% of all currency) becomes worthless, Bitcoin is dead, global communications crash, et cetera.

now where's that pic of machine learning and the hype cycle where I need it

>is not a stretch to think that conscious shit can come from non conscious shit
I'm glad I'll never be this autistic.

Jokes on you, first thing the AIs will take over is AI development. Should've trained as a plumber.

But he's right. You as a whole are conscious, the individual parts that comprise you are not.

Not the same as the unconscious forming into conscious beings on their own. I'm only like this because my parents already were and they gave birth to me.

>muh neural fuck machine learning data science™
>muh rebranded statistical terms
>muh elon musk

fuck off christian scum
your magic book has no weigh here

Not an argument

except you're wrong because the world will end in 01/01/2018

What if a bread dead woman impregnated with the sperm of a dead man or a clone of herself? Would that child be unconscious?

okay
according to who

i could ask the same of you

Except you can't because you're the making the claim so the burden of proof is yours.

>the burden of proof is yours.
prove this claim first

Bruh, what claim?

that the burden of proof exists and that i have it

>Consciousness being created by non-conscious chemicals... how can you believe such wacky shit?
Maybe the fact you can reliably alter someone's consciousness with the administration of chemical compunds has something to do with it?

Most of the interesting stuff is actually in A.I. safety, not A.I. itself.
Safety = tons of open problems, all of which have partial (but incomplete) solutions.
Development = optimizing learning speed & memory usage.

>This would allow for stupidly advanced "Sacrificial" methods of creating matter from energy and vice versa.
Source?

I think I'm a brainlet, I really don't understand this. Ah well.

[math]\color{orange}{\mathfrak{IT'S\ HAPPENING!!!}}[/math]

[math]\color{orange}{\mathfrak{Hacking\ methods\ are\ basically\ ways\ to\ solve\ a\ problem.\ If\ we\ can\ easily\ (in\ polynomial\ time)\ find\ a\ solution,\ then\ that\ means\ that\ hacking\ bank\ accounts\ will\ be\ very\ easy.\ The\ method\ can\ be\ seen\ in\ the\ proof\ (once\ proved).}}[/math]

It exists because people made it.
People made it so other people don't shitpost without having proof, less the discussion descends into mindless, recurring, time-wasting drivel.
The burden of proof doesn't need to be proven, its a directive for proper discussion, an axiom if you will.

>It exists because people made it.
Burden of proof wasn't made, it was conceived of.
>People made it so other people don't shitpost without having proof, less the discussion descends into mindless, recurring, time-wasting drivel.
Key word here is discussion. My blatant shitpost was never intended to be part of any real discussion, so there's no reason to suppose the burden of proof applies to it.
What the burden of proof says is essentially that if you want to convince someone of a claim you made then you have to give them some evidence that supports it. If you don't care about convincing anyone then you have no burden of proof and can just say whatever you want and let people believe what they will.

> If you don't care about convincing anyone then you have no burden of proof and can just say whatever you want and let people believe what they will.
Fair enough, if you forfeit winning an argument or convincing someone then no rules really apply to you.

I wonder tho, why bother wasting your time with such a bad shitpost? In what way does it amuse you? Or are you simply so bored that any action is prefferable?

Alter is not the same as create.

>never today, always tomorrow

qualia is just our ability to use language; without there would be no "I."the brain posits itself as a subject. Its all biological. Consciousness will be recreated, furthered, and ultimately replace our own. And you will be wrong.

INTELLIGENCE

2018 is going to be a wild ride.

t. Dan "give her some cider till you can rider her" Schneider

>Consciousness will be recreated, furthered, and ultimately replace our own. And you will be wrong.
the ultimate day of fedora approaches

Clearly a shitposter. How do I know this?
The brainlett calls it the "technological" singularity

my eyes hurt

How is this true? You would still have to derive something to get a solution to EVERY given problem. That's a fucking stupid statement.

this meme is even dumber than OP

[math]\color{orange}{\mathfrak{EXCELLENT}}[/math]

[math]\color{orange}{\mathfrak{IF\ it\ is\ true.\ I\ personally\ think\ it's\ not.\ But\ if\ it\ is\ and\ it\ gets\ proved,\ you\ can\ derive\ it\ from\ the\ proof.\ Hence\ hackers\ will\ easily\ have\ a\ good\ time\ then.}}[/math]

fixed

t. /pol/ack who lives off NEET bux and is still complaining about “m-muh degeneracy” while he faps to anime

post an alphabet in caps/lower/numbers 1-9 in that font nao, i wants

>tfw /pol/ack but post stuff like just to make others assmad

Stay angry singularitycuck. You will never get your flying car.

[math]\color{orange}{\mathfrak{ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz0123456789}}[/math]
>not knowing [math]\LaTeX[/math]

Where the fuck does consciousness come from then? Spirit rocks?

Reductionist here.
My conjecture that its the result of differential signalling between the two lobes of the brain.
I believe its an emergent property and that its something akin to water running out of a bathtub which causes a drainage vortex. The analogy is that the drainage vortex is akin to consciousness. It exists and is a physical thing but only while there's water in the tub, a tub for that matter and is also draining out.
What I like about the idea is that consciousness then is both physical and ethereal and satisfies both materialists and the metaphysical pooba's.
Now go do the research and pick up your Nobel prize. You're welcome.

where do you think the first conscious being came from?

This, people actually still think moore's law is relevant, as if it's still 2005