People talk a lot about AI changing the world, or genetic editing changing the world...

People talk a lot about AI changing the world, or genetic editing changing the world. Why doesn't anyone talk about robots changing the world?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sWgvIAkfqXQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

we talk about fucking them a lot

Don't fuck a robot dog

try and stop me

this is america goddammit ill fuck a robodog if i feel like it praise jesus

Robots will come and kill you later

What I don't understand is why they don't put AI into robots. It seems like there's a disconnect between robots and AI, like the people who make each don't have any interest in the other. Why the fuck not.

I was wondering if someone could tell me how to get into the robotics industry.

I'm 1/4 of the way through my mechanical eng masters. I can take some electives in robotics.
And i'm living in a country with almost no industry, but I am an American.

youtube.com/watch?v=sWgvIAkfqXQ

As far as I can tell, things like neural networks are used in some areas.

It is you dumb cunt, how do you think the movements are managed and directed?

>hat I don't understand is why they don't put AI into robots.
They do, although to answer your question a lot of programmers don't work with mechanical / physical systems because the whole appeal to programming for most programmers is how abstract and pure it is. Most programmers I know myself included don't know much of anything about how the physical world works.

>computer science
>science

because it already happened, where have you been? walk into any factory some time

Only the plebs who didn't double major in EE :^)

WASH AWAY THE ANGER

>computer

>double major in EE and CS
might as well just major in EE

does any programming = AI
you seem thick

How much would one of those cost?

Because robots are fucking shit right now. They're practically useless, take a fuckton of energy to run, and batteries are huge, expensive, bulky, heavy, and pretty shit too.

Is my best bet (for someone who already has an engineering degree and job) to just pick up a book called 'mechatronics' and start reading?

Look at your webm again, OP.
How is that not an evolved turtle program?
No AI to see there.

I would totally ride one of those to work.

why not, it looks Sexy

there is a definite divide between software people and hardware people. Best pointed out in the recent Google misstep into robots they had to bail out of cause they didnt know what they were doing.

0.5 mpg