Who makes your favorite canned sardines Veeky Forums? How do you prefer them? In oil? In water? In mustard?

Who makes your favorite canned sardines Veeky Forums? How do you prefer them? In oil? In water? In mustard?

I usually just buy the cheapest sardines I can find in water or oil. I've never seen the advantage of King Oscar or one of the higher end brands.

Other urls found in this thread:

nctr.pmel.noaa.gov/honshu20110311/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Marock brand in tomato sauce is pretty tasty.

Would you eat sardines from the coast of Japan?

The GOYA brand sardines are the cheapest I've seen. But you may not be able to eat the entire tin in one sitting. I have a can in the cabinet, but havent eaten them yet. I usually buy the Season brand. I like them with hotsauce or mustard on a saltine cracker.

Wild planet

They scale, gut, and decapitate/de-tail

Their fish are big, hold together, and aren't pure mush

And you get anywhere from 3 to five big ones per can

My favourite canned sardines are mackerel.

this map is absurdly misleading, those quantities are so ridiculously small

t. yoshihako shinjiro

My dad got me into these when I was 4 and I've loved them ever since. They're so good on Ritz crackers. Bringing them to school for lunch was a bad idea, all the other pussy normalfag kids complained loudly when I was eating them.

Season is my brand of choice too.

I'm eating mackerel more than sardines now though, mackerel is meatier and less "fishy".

These are my favorite ones to have as a snack.

Probably.

Why aren't canned sardines required to report nutrition facts? I can't think of any other food besides alcohol where I have to go online or write to the manufacturer to get that information.

I usually just get a few cans each of Bumblebee in mustard and hot sauce

Do you serve them on bread? I purchased some sardines but I have no idea what to eat them with.

on bread is nice, maybe crackers. some people have then out of the tin with some mustard or hot sauce but thats lazy.

Sadly I don't have any crackers and I just ran out of hot sauce. What does everyone here eat them with or just plain?

They also make a great, simple pasta sauce.

90% of the time I just eat them straight out of the can. The other 10% of the time I put them on crackers.

With anything or just plain?

Nah, not without anything

?

John West in olive oil, I just eat them on toast with salt and pepper.

I usually just get Bumble Bee because it's either that or Chicken of the Sea.

That's a map detailing wave height after a simulated tsunami.
nctr.pmel.noaa.gov/honshu20110311/

If I eat them out of the can I don't put anything on them. I don't put anything on them when I eat them on crackers either.

Chimichurri

I got these, when Im hungry I can munch the bones/ I cant when they are a secondary portion. Im working on it!

Brunswick, in oil. Because they cost 99c.

Why? It's not like Sardines smell at all. I was expecting pungeancy when I had my first can and it was literally just tiny salmon almost.

This was why I bought Brunswick originally, being 99c and it had nutrition facts label so I could count the calories (why the fuck else would I be eating canned sardines)

I just eat them straight with a fork. They're already cooked and taste seasoned enough to me.

Fuck this was a long reply post i'm turning into one of those faggots who comments on everything

I get these kinds cause cheapest. I feel like i'm missing on extra nutrition because no bones, but, 99c.

>Why? It's not like Sardines smell at all.

Because most children are extremely stupid.

In their defense my 50 yr old mother thought sardines smelled too until I explained to her no, they in fact do not smell fishy at all.

She's a very educated lady but not the brightest in other ways.

Brunswick in oil or tomato

Is any canned shellfish good? I tried canned clams but they just fell apart when I tried to chew them except for the part that connects them to the shell which was chewy. They weren't very good.

Canned smoked oysters are awesome. You're missing out if you've never had them.

Mackerel in tomato sauce is a go-to snack for me. Delish.

UMA

I love those. Put them in a sauce pan over just enough heat to warm them up; add some hot sauce if you like. Spread cream cheese on pic related. Add the sardines and some Paul Newman's Oil and Vinegar, and maybe some dill pickle slices.

Best simple sandwich ever, to me.

Dry as fuck even though they are soaked in Oil ???
$1.49 leaf land

Canned oysters are good. I've never had great experiences with canned crab or shrimp though.

Reminder to eat kippers

God I used to love those but they're all from China. Even groceries like Whole Foods don't carry anything but Chinese canned oysters. Nowadays I'd rather drink a cup of roundup than eat food products from China and that's saying something.

>Sabor do Mar sardines
Pretty good indeed! They're the best tasting ones I've had so far I'd say.

I get the 89c Aldi ones cause I already do most shopping there anyway. Get em in water and add olive oil, eat w/ brown rice for breakfast.
King Oscar is so fuckin good, "jalapeno double layer" is the best but that stuff is close to $3/can.
Aldi has big fuckers, 3/can usually whereas the King is 15-20 luxurious dines

Any. As long as their in mustard sauce. On a cracker with a smidge of sour cream.

I find the mustard too overpowering. Just makes the whole thing taste like cheap mustard
Gotta have good mustard and the shit they pack with sardines don't cut it

pic related

but two days ago i ate two cans, undrained, and them on top of wilted spinach in butter garlic sauce. i literally threw up up from the richness of all that oil and butter. i haven't felt right for two days and i'm afraid i have forever ruined sardines for myself.

bought salmon today instead.

I mostly buy these and eat them straight out of the can.

Pic related is also really good

Just bought these. Never had them before

Riga Good. Best.

I always get king oscar with cracked pepper, just eat them straight out of the tin with nothing else.

Don't try to kiss your woman after eating them.

The biggest waves are only a couple of meters away from the japanese coast yeah, but it's not misleading if you can read

portugal and morocco, mostly. I find that the nation of origin matters more than the brand.

To me King Oscar has the better fish, they look better and it feels like your eating fish rather than a plank of tuna like cheaper sardines.
Not anything wrong with cheap sardines though.

These fuckers. They also do a good sardine with chili.
They're about £1.50 a tin, which is pretty expensive for tinned fish, but damn they're good.
I normally get most of my food at aldi, but their tinned sardines are bland, scaly, and bony.
Aldi smoked mackerel is the shit though.

I wouldn't pay that much for sardines, but I love the can design.