Predictions for the next ten years

We're already seeing the beginnings of this: 'meat/animal free' alternatives that taste like the real thing will reach perfection in some cases and near perfection in other cases.

This will seem like the most unlikely of these predictions I know but, believe it or not, expect to see KFC getting their act together and their fried chicken back to as great as it was back in the 80's and all.

Snack/food companies will continue to ride the 90's nostalgia wave and you'll see many discontinued snacks & candy making a comeback.

Burger King will either by bought out or, wildcard prediction, die out slowly (in the US) until by 2027 there are maybe only 15 Burger King locations across the united states.

In n Out will make big steps to going nationwide.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=umHfb1JHovA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

KFC is done, Popeye's has passed them in every category.

The chicken has gone to shit, the sides are inedible. Nobody likes it anymore outside of China and there the recipe is completely different.

I agree with the Burger King one. It has just deteriorated so badly in the past decade that the food and service are just trash.

I would love the 90's nostalgia scenario happening.

taco bell's funyuns shell taco

I've had KFC few times over the years and the shit is so greasy it is inedible. It literally tastes like they poured a cup of oil over each peice of chicken right before serving

KFC's quality has plummeted so hard in just the last 8 years it's fucking comical.

no, they immersed it in several gallons of oil before serving

Maybe the silicone added to the oil to prevent foaming makes it seem more greasy?

KFC is still huge internationally. It's not going away any decade soon.

this. so much this. taco bell captures the stoner crowd so well- how could they NOT figure out a way to make this happen

Bring Popeye's to Australia desu

Even Popeyes isn't what it used to be. They're overpriced and stingy with the sides, like you only get a couple spoons worth of mashed potatoes. The chicken is small pieces too unless you get the tenders, and those are gnarly and grizzly. You can get better fried chicken at Publix.

>We're already seeing the beginnings of this: 'meat/animal free' alternatives that taste like the real thing will reach perfection in some cases and near perfection in other cases.
>year is 2050
>synthetic/lab grown meat is efficient and perfect
>I can keep a pile of lab grown chicken breasts in the fridge for regular Tuesday meals
>Real meat is reserved to the finest boutique free range heritage breed animals
>cheap meat is cheaper
>good meat is better
Call me an optimist.

They're only popular in Asia and Korea is going to dominate them with their KFC

>'meat/animal free' alternatives that taste like the real thing
You've never actually had those, have you?
They taste nothing like actual meat. They're decent, and to somebody who has cursed themselves to not eat meat for 10 years it probably "taste just like the real thing!"
But it's not even remotely close to tasting like even the lowest grade meats. We're an absurdly long way away from convincing meat substitutes.

the kernel looks like a fucking mongoloid lmao

>meat/animal free alternatives that taste like the real thing

name one

>2027

The Japs' Christmases revolve around a KFC dinner. People spend hours in the cold fighting crowds to get one, it's that quintessential. It'd be a faux pas to do otherwise.

Have a look:
youtube.com/watch?v=umHfb1JHovA

Mmm.

As bad as our opinions are abut these establishments, is there anything indicating Burger King is in a financial crisis?

I live in a small island that is US territory. It's about 100 miles long. There must be over 80 Burger Kings here. I can walk between two in fifteen minutes. Leisurely.

What I see doesn't indicate they're going away anytime soon.

>kernel
user talks like a fucking mongoloid
>lmao
kys

Prediction, all vegan artificial meat needs to do to become commonly accepted is to get fast foos chains such as mcdonalds to adopt meat alternatives and eventually replace meat with fake meat
Its not far fetched, subway chicke is already only 50% chicken, you have to make it cheap and tasty enough so mcdonalds agrees to buy or produce it
Also lab grown meat will never become a thing because meat will be replaced with vegan shit before artificial meat becomes profitable
And last prediction meat replacement wont happen overnight, it will take a really long time until nobody eats meat anymore, meat will become the new gun control with some states refusing to give it up

I'd sooner switch to bug-based protein than eat fake meat.

Just let plants be plants you crazy idiots.

Update your information, this hasn't been true for nearly half a decade.

Pretty much every single place in the country that sells chicken at any point in the year now sells some form of a fried chicken/roast chicken dinner. More and more people are getting ovens large enough to fit a whole bird and traditional convection ovens are very large now. Grocery stores actually sell whole chicken, atleast during the Christmas season.
Even the fucking convenience stores offer limited time higher quality chicken during the holidays.

KFC did an excellent job of associating fried chicken with Christmas, and then later the more traditional roast chicken dinner in people's minds but they have lost their lock on the holiday and lines aren't a thing anymore.

>before artificial meat becomes profitable
It's like $20/lb right now which is expensive when you can get chicken legs for less than $1/lb but it was $200k/lb or something 5 years ago. I don't think most people will willingly switch to vegan alternatives because it's been proven over and over that animal protein is better utilized by our bodies. A lot of people just dislike veganism too so McDonald's would probably lose business after telling people they aren't using real meat anymore especially after the public image issues they had with their meat (it's ground up worms!).

Probably have to get some celebrities to endorse it for the younger generation and for them to grow up with it being available instead of some new and crazy science experiment.

people buy margarine

artificial meat doesn't even have to be a vegan combination, just animal muscles grown outside of a living host

People started buying margarine because the majority of people are overweight and unhealthy, and they were told eating fat makes you fat and unhealthy. They kept eating meat though, they just switched to lean meat.

well yeah but its still not good enough
i have seen it, it looks like a frankestein beef patty, nobody wants to eat that
> because it's been proven over and over that animal protein is better utilized by our bodies
sitting all day infront of a computer is unhealthy for our bodys, everyone knows it and nobody cares
granted its harder to get people to give up something willingly but seeing the current climate, would people be able to refuse?
mcdonalds would lose buisness if they approach it the wrong way
how about new mistery meat burger, it costs half as much and has twice the amount of cheese, mdonalds pattys taste like cardboard anyways, people like the buns, sauces, cheese and bacon

the extinction of the "casual dining" restaurant. Chains like Buffalo Wild Wings and Olive Garden are already struggling to draw younger people in. It wouldn't surprise me at all if these types of places died out with the last of the baby boomers.

You don't want to hear that some people could lose their jobs but those places don't really offer anything better than what you can get in a lot of fast food restaurants except they're double the price and any of the "fancier" dishes they offer usually just aren't good.

Interesting. Thanks, user. All of it is fascinating to me.

>Nobody likes it anymore outside of China
Wow, I guess I live in China then.

The thing I never got about this is why the bother celebrating Christmas at all. I get that for atheists and other non-Christians in the West it's backed up by cultural tradition rather than actual religious beliefs, but Japan never had the Christian majority to create such a tradition in the first place. Why does a nation that's ~1% Christian celebrate Christianity's biggest holiday?

Lidl & Aldi are going to have a considerable impact on the American grocery market. Giants like Walmart and Kroger will still struggle to address their German rivals, while smaller stores such as Dollar General will adapt more easily. Depending on their success, they might encourage other European retailers to try their luck in the US.

If the rumored antitrust investigation turns out to be nothing, Amazon will make most of their Whole Foods stores (about 430 in all) double as "more local" or "micro" distribution centers for almost any online order.

Japan is weird with religion in that they have zero qualms swapping faiths moment to moment to whichever is most relevant or interesting at a given time, and they needed a winter holiday anyway.
Buddhists and Shintoists regularly opt for Christian weddings because as expensive as they are, they're the budget option compared to traditional Japanese weddings.

Besides they treat it more like a Valentine's Day than anything, so even without KFC swoocing in on that ex-pat nostalgia it's still kind of unique.

Exceptional marketing that fills a niche. Japanese are very consumerist and have a fetish for the West; perfectly executed marketing imo.

>kfc getting better
nope
>burger king going out of business
its too big desu.
>in n out going national
I could actually see that

Where I am the best choice for fried chicken is Bojangles. Mediocre chicken but incredible biscuits, mac and cheese, and potatoes w gravy

Agree, always try going to Aldi instead of Deathmart.

Disagree with Amazon, they are a horrible business and will continue murdering real life stores. But the God Emperor will save us from soylent food delivery I hope.

That actually sounds really nice

What value is there in making people stand around at small stores all day?

Its got social value, especially if they are local stores with local people. It creates organic bonds, like the organic food that would be sold, if they could still exist in this economic climate. Its also business for the local economy.

Yeah, and people used to have front porches where they sat instead of hidden away on backyard patios or decks behind privacy fences where they don't have to see anyone walking by on the elm lined streets of Mayberry while Aunt Bea bakes apple pie.

>hmm, I wonder if that might be related to a cultivation of fear and fearmongering by the media on both sides. Nah.

>cultivation of fear
Lol, I think it might have some thing to do with Mega corporations and diversity. Fear is justified when your neighbors are niggers.

Judging by a few of their projects (automated convenience store concept (especially this one), bookstores that only stock bestsellers, those lockers for small orders), brick & mortar isn't out of the question for Amazon. With Whole Foods, I think they're going to "upgrade" it behind the scenes (slim down manpower & logistics needed) while keeping the storefronts looking mostly the same. And they're going to automate wherever possible.

Hybrid fruit. I remember those grape-flavored apples (never tried them) and pluots back at my first job. Within a few years, we'll have genetically engineered produce with mixed fruits and flavors from other fruits sold as new fruits. You think meat contains hormones, wait until they get the first hybrid fruit on the market. Not fruits that can crossbreed, actual shit like oranges/bananas or watermelons/lemons. We'll be recreating new/extinct animal species as well.

I agree OP. Too many fast food places are trying to adopt this "healthy" eating bullshit after Chipotle blew up.
I think you could add mcdonalds and wendys to that list too.
In fact I'm pretty sure Demolition man predicted the future of fast food pretty well.

>after Chipotle blew up
And Chipotle isn't even that healthy. I don't know why people think this.

It's not just Japan. The superficial commercial version of Christmas practiced by most people today is extremely aesthetic. It glitters with glass and lights. It smells like Norway spruce and wood fires and candied fruit and slow-roasted meat. It's warm and safe indoors while the world is cold and bitter. Christ is an afterthought.

Japan might buy KFC and close them down in America and KFC just becomes a Japanese brand, instead.

Japan's KFC is a bit different than America's KFC.

For one thing, Japan prefers dark chicken meat over white chicken meat.

This
Korean fried chicken is the best

Actually, lab grown meat will probably make Meat Sashimi a concept.

People will be willing to try Steak Tartare if it is lab grown.

You will see more raw meat options at sushi places if lab grown meat becomes mainstream.

Kinda strange when Amazon didn't buy Costco.

Costco is international and their distribution system is similar to Amazon.

Yeah, I'd much rather eat junk food that's honest about being junk food than stuff that tries to pass itself off as a healthy option.

It's just flyovers who see this place that doesn't have a drive tru and doesn't deep fry anything and automatically think it's healthy.

I don't really think "flyovers" have anything to do with it. It's just dumb people.

>Japan prefers dark chicken meat over white chicken meat.
everyone does

the american use of white meat in everything is because of companies caving to the fad diets of soccer moms in the 90s

I've thought about that too. I always feel a sense of wariness seeing Germans eating mett but would probably be okay with it if it was lab-grown.

Want me to? I'm friends with the Copeland's

Pretty sure the US is the only country on the planet where breast meat is more expensive than thigh meat.