How does one cook this food?

How does one cook this food?

I usually add almost every single spice and or herb I can find and add it while cooking.

The one thing I always mess up is either over salting or under salting.

Literally you put rice into boiling water, turn the heat down, and then all you have to do is wait. How fucking retarded are you?

You are obviously not mastering this grain.

I know japs have special seasoning that you can put in rice:
Like black sesame and cracked salt, and dried salmon with spices.
These intrigue me. Where can i get them?
Please dont say asian market. I cant for the life of me make heads or tails of the one most near me.

I know exactly what you mean
>bring list
>give list to Old Asian woman who works there
>wait at cash register
>???
>PROFIT

1 cup of rice to 1 1/2 cup of water.

>put rice into pan
>add cold water
>allow to boil
>cover, put on smallest flame for 20mins
>take off heat, keep lid on for 10/15mins
>fluff
>add salt, sesame seeds, other spices
>eat

I've been using this for years and it makes for use in top quality non weeb fried rice

Asian market.
But it goes on cooked plain rice, not in before cooking. Half of the appeal is the texture.

Less than $5 at the local Wegmans

Jasmine rice in rice cooker at appropriate water level
Olive oil
Oregano
Basil
Garlic (or garlic powder)
Salt
Pepper

Add a tbsp of butter after cooked and fluff, serve.

I think it depends on what you're doing with it.

In some cases, like with curry or some dish with a sauce, I think your best bet is to just cook the rice plain. That way it soaks up whatever liquids are hanging around and it ends up tasting great.

You can also cook it, throw it in the fridge, and use it for fried rice later. And as long as you throw in a little soy sauce when you're frying, somewhere towards the end, I don't think you can go wrong. You can throw veggies and/or egg in. Toasted sesame oil is a big help too. I had a Chinese friend recommend to me to also put rice vinegar in too.

Anyway that's pretty much all I have to do with rice. I don't use it for much else.

>add butter to your cooking vessel
>heat
>saute onions with any other desired vegetables
>add rice
>saute rice
>add in premeasured heated chicken stock
>throw in a couple bayleaves
>cover
>place into oven
>bake until cooked
>remove from oven
>let rest
>fluff with fork while removing bayleaves
>serve

I'm glad that I know Knorrā„¢ boullion cubes are always so helpful, with the perfect amount of spice and flavor, to add to any product.

(This comment paid for by the Knorr LLC)

>1 bullion cube has been deposited in your cupboard

>white rice
Plebs superior bulgur race here.

i throw it in a pot of boiling salt water
you use the cooked rice in recipes, not the other way around

Asian here.

Non-meme answer, just throw rice and water in the rice cooker. No condiments, not even salt. Good rice is good without anything added.

Put salt if you are eating just rice and absolutely needs a punch of flavor to satisfy your childish taste

>there are people that add butter to rice and think it's good

>Good rice is good without anything added.
This x1000

If you need more flavor in your rice, just substitute chicken stock for water.

It's called furikake by the way. Just buy that shit online homie. I use furikake on rice all the time. It's more or less a really interesting seasoning salt. I like to put some in my ramen broth too. Alone it is a little fishy but it does the same thing as adding a little bit of fish sauce, where you just get all the umami flavor and none of the fishy taste.

>adding seasoning to your rice

Doing it absolutely wrong. It's called sticking your main on top and using the sauce that drips off that.

Only if you're from some backwater island where your main consists of a single piece of fish that doesn't have enough sauce to go around would you need anything else.

>Good rice is good without anything added.
yup checks out
I could eat koshihikari all day.

>1 cup rice = 2 cups chicken stock
>Bring the stock to a boil then add rice.
>Lower heat to medium high and let cook until the stock has reduced to the level of the rice.
>Turn down heat to low and cover.
After ten minutes the rice should be done.

Even an 10 dollar rice cooker will make rice infinitely better than just boiling in a pot. If you eat lots of rice it's a must. Furikake is good if you really insist on seasoning, a little shoyu helps. The brand I buy (hinode) is specific to Hawaii as far as I can tell but get calrose rice if you're doing Japanese style, Jasmine for Thai and other SEA.

How the fuck do I fix undercooked rice

You throw it out and make a fresh batch. Rice costs $2 or $3 for a 1-month supply.

>2$ or 3$ for a month supply
I'm not eating shitty """rice""". I'm eating nip rice. It costs around 20$ for a week or two supply.

Then learn to cook rice before you blow $20 on it. A bag of basmati costs me $2 or $3 and lasts me a month at least. But then, I eat pasta and potatoes just as often.

Cook it some more. Jesus Christ.

Making fried egg and basmati rice for breakfast. Going to add sriracha, soy sauce, and a couple drips of maggi. What spices are key? Was thinking about a touch of cumin and turmeric? Any suggestions?

>rice without anything
I would rather eat cardboard

That's what everyone who haven't tasted good rice yet.

If you're really cheap use a mix.

75% plain long grain and 25% basmati or jasmine. Gives all the aroma for minimal outlay.

1 tbsp butter melt in pot
Throw in 2 cups of rice
Fill pot with water till about 1/2 inch above rice.
Throw 1/4 tsp salt
Simmer 10 mins
Enjoy

Cook rice with butter for a minute before adding water

Yeah, but guys, what do you mean by fluffing with a fork? What's that?

My rice always ends up almost like a paste, and i do 3/2cup water per 1 cup rice

I hear so much about measurements and ratios about rice to water here. Boil two cups of water per one cup of rice.

Do you start off with hot or cold water?

Try 1-2 cups per cup of rice
Remember to wash the rice prior to cooking
Also remember to cover the pot fully, if the lid has a little hole somewhere, plug it

Boiling
>Try 1-2 cups
1/2-2, sorry.

>1/2
1 1/2, FUCK
ONE AND A HALF CUPS OF WATER

What's the best rice for eating straight up plain, nothing to accompany it?

Rice is just a complement, neutral food.

brown rice

Well i meme its also a starvation food right? Its nutrient dense for what it is like bread and potatoes

Well I cant cook brown rice in a gosh darn rice cooker (not the pressure cooker)
I put 2.25 water: 1 rice cup. Even then there is still some rice shell at top, but I know 2.5 cups of water and it wont be made right.

Help?

that's what he said, 3/2 cups of water per 1 cup of rice.

jap rise

calrose for example

ive eaten plain rice as a kid with other shit before. my grandfather was a jap and most of the jap culture and food spilled over to me [spoiler]mexican grandmother[/spoiler]

rice is great with a bit of soy sauce too

>over salting or under salting
The fuck you on about?

>I usually add almost every single spice and or herb I can find and add it while cooking.
Why?

You can do lots with it but FFS learn how to cook simple rice first.

What about brown rice
It never tastes good for me compared to white rice

I cook brown rice all the time. I do a 2:1 ratio of water to rice. You have to controll have much the water is simmering otherwise the water will evaporate to quickly.

Take the rice
Put it in the rice cooker
Follow the rice cooker instructions
Done

If your rice is still shitty you got shitty cheap rice and/or shitty cheap rice cooker

What kind do you anons like?
I've always used Katsuo Mirin Furikake, tried one or two other kinds but didn't really like it

Boil it in at least six parts water to remove arsenic.

Buy a Rice Cooker, Bread Maker, Slow Cooker, Magic Bullet, Egg Poacher, Bacon Cooker, Corn Baller, Meat Machine.

Get them all instead of learning to cook on your own with 2 utensils.

use some hot sauce faggot

The wasabi one is some kind of special

Growing up my mom would always get packages of furikake with anpanman characters. I liked the egg flavored ones, I assume it was egg flavored because of the little chicks on the packages.