What is the real reason for suicide being sin?

What is the real reason for suicide being sin?

you died before god was done with you.

Not being related with literature it's the first reason that comes to mind.

Jesus didn't want to have to see Judas again, it would have been too awkward

so the police can intervene

God decided in the beginning to send people who were predestined to kill themselves to hell
that's all there is to it

Denying yourself the gift of life God has given and planned out for you.

/thread.

>that's all there is to it
This is why Christians are retarded.

Not a Christian, just parodying Calvinism, which, though, I do think is the most consistent and thoroughgoing Christian worldview

Kek

>gift of life
some fucking gift, can i return it?

If cult followers thought it was okay to kill themselves then the church would lose money. Customers dying is bad for business.

Aristocrats needed the burgeois and the plebs to keep working despite how miserable they were, so they made suicide a sin.
Also, imagine it wasn't a sin, people would kill themselves the moment they realized they did more good actions than bad ones. Even if suicide was considered a bad action you would only need to do enough good ones to justify it and a little bit to more so Saint Peter would calculate that you're just good enough for purgatory treatment. The entire work structure of medieval society would have been destroyed, everyone would become adventurers of good faith because why work when you can achieve heaven by doing some good shit and then offing yourself.

apparently that's not allowed

You realize that the only retards that say shit like this are ironic bait-posters like you, right?

Devolutions, like in any service, are a messy and disgusting process.

god's the type of faggot who'd give you an expired gift card for your birthday and act incredulously shocked if you try and return it to him.

Life is sacred.

>life is a definitive category

Jesus Christ can you take this teenage trite to /r/Atheism please?

>Awww want to die user? (:,3
>Go ahead.

How about you stop being edgy, stop posting on Veeky Forums, and do something productive with your life.

if followers of a religion don't live to reproduce that religion will not reproduce

no

you sound like a massive faggot

One follower of the church fewer

>5'6" manlet
>ugly
>lonely
>broke
>stupid
>too afraid to kill myself because i don't wanna go to hell

just fuck my shit up

Need a safespace, honey?

Idle labor is bad, wasted labor is worse.

Ya bro. That was what the great awakening was for. Or was it the age of enlightenment?
If everything was predestined, there is no free will, and free will is a concept every modern Christian clings to.

You just end up looking like an salty atheist my dude :/

Have you consider transitioning? estrogen is surprisingly cheap, and so are the anti androgens.
N-not like I'm doing it or anything.

what are you talking about?
that's an awful lot of eisegesis

first of all: stop trying to pick up trap gfs on Veeky Forums

secondly: i'm literally too ugly and too masculine-looking to transition. my face is a fucking rectangle, my shoulders are broad and i have a hank hill ass

stupid
Suicide was honourable in Rome as seen as a legitimate way to make up for whatever dishonour
didn't mean people killed themselves left and right

it's a giant middle finger to God

you reject all he created, and he gets butthurt about it

it's like calling an artist's painting shit, the pretentious faggot can't handle it

>it's like calling an artist's painting shit, the pretentious faggot can't handle it
jej

suicide is pretty dumb honestly unless you at least make it artistic like Yukio Mishima

To reject the kingdom of life is to reject the kingdom of Heaven. Jesus said, "Blessed are the weak in spirit, for theirs is the kingdom of Heaven."; It can be argued that those who commit suicide are the most weak spirited. However, the actual act of killing one's self is an act of will. It is the willful decision to end one's life that is a sin, not the weakness.

>implying it's dumb to end your life on your own terms, if you are not actively impacting the world and are leading a fruitless and unenjoyable existence
>implying it's dumb to take control of your own life, even if it means death

I want all you non-Ubermensch to leave my realm and never return.

Because if it wasn't you'd get dumb people killing their kids to get them into heaven. And because suicide rates would go up which is bad for the government (less taxes).
In truth I think God can forgive it.

>Because if it wasn't you'd get dumb people killing their kids to get them into heaven.
that's not suicide

>an actual Übermensch would care about what a bunch of uttershit does
I guess you're taking a rest after writing the final part of that music piece that will change the world forever.

so theoretically if i was depressed and ready to kill myself, i could cheat the system by undertaking incredibly risky activities that could mean my death - and when i do die, i'm still able to get into heaven because i TECHNICALLY didn't take my own life

I was building off what (you) said earlier, right?
>People who are predestined to kill themselves go to hell
>implying that there are people who are predestined to do something that will put them in hell
That would undermine the concept that humans have a free will, and that by their will alone they can be saved or go to hell.
And, as it stands, "free will" is a nearly universal defense against many atheistic attacks, hence why so many modern Christians cling to it.

>I guess you're taking a rest after writing the final part of that music piece that will change the world forever.
yes.

pic related is literally me

You're willfully deciding to put your self in risky situations with the hope of death.
You did take your own life, at least any semblance of one.

I've always wanted to speak to Kanye, though I feel like he's heard some of what I've had to say.

alright but what if I'm ready to kill myself but on the way to the store to get a length of rope, I'm hit by a car and fatally killed. what happens then?

Then it was God's will to save you.

but he didn't save me, cause i got hit by a car and died.

Your soul.

>>implying it's dumb to end your life on your own terms
it is
its not "your own terms" that's just petty romanticism idiots use to justify it for themselves when they steal their mums sleeping pills and slit their wrists in the tub

if you're killing yourself more often then not its because you're weak not because you're strong

was thinking of that weird purgatory for babies christians have. Disregard that part.

so that the worker bees don't kill themselves

No, he didn't believe in jesus. He wouldve gone to hell weither way lol

aye but i got hit by a car and died

I'd like to think not.

>if you're killing yourself more often
yeah I've been killing myself more and more often recently. It's been hard on me.

I'm getting into a lot of obligations because of this 'soul' thing how do I get rid of it?

Guys this is semi-related. It's religious, atleast.

How do I summon and have sex with the angel Gabriel? He's really cute and probably a subby bottom too.

Honestly, why are there so many of you that believe a sin is an ultimate ticket into hell?

Suicide may be a sin, however, jesus fucking DIED for ALL my sins. How is this different?

Suicide is the ultimate sin, user. It's a guaranteed ticket to hell, no matter how much good you do in your life - if you succumb to your sadness and your depression and kill yourself, then you have no place in the kingdom of our father.

going full reconciliationist undermines the worldly power of the church

you didn't provide an explanation, you just restated the explanandum

You can't exploit people if they're dead.

Your sins are only forgiven if you repent. There is no time after you kill yourself to confess and repent your sin.

What are some non-repentable sins, user? If I kill someone, can I repent? Can I repent despite taking a soul, taking someone away before god is finished with them? Or was did god plan for me to kill them?

Depends if you really mean it in your heart. You can't fake it with God.

Because your body is a temple, a gift from God.

t. Catholic

-ingest poison
-repent and wait
-die saved

And what of the person I killed? What if they sinned and were on their way to repent but I killed them before they were able to repent. Then what?

You think that GOD can't see through that cheap trick?

but i'm a fat balding manlet, if my body is a temple, it's probably the equivalent to a mosque.

That's literally the unspoken contract of Catholicism, just distilled to the bare minimum

To imply that good Catholics aren't doing the same thing on some level is implying that they have no control over their actions whatsoever

>less taxes
less expenses too

fuck you God, why did you have to make me balding?

nice gift, asshole

Because he's testing your faith, you petulant manchildren.

why didn't he test chad's faith? oh wait chad has everything he wants and more

fuck right off

>physical looks is all that matters in this life

Egregiously pathetic. Try again.

tell that to all the people who abandoned me

no but it matters a shit ton, society is shallow

grow up m8, and come out of your gated christian community sometime you privilged piece of shit

>society is shallow

You shouldn't care what others think of you, for they are only man. No man can judge you, not even yourself; only God himself can.

Other than a head of hair, what does Chad have that you can't get?

You can't have the working force off itself to get to heaven quickly whenever shit hits the fan.

No one is probably going to read this but here's a quote from Augustine's City of God.
>For it is clear that if no one has a private right to kill even a guilty man (and no law allows this), then certainly anyone who kills himself is a murderer, and is the more guilty in killing himself the more innocent he is of the charge on which he has condemned himself to death.

your life doesnt belong to you so suicide is theft

I always enjoy some quotes from Augustine, thank you for posting

you murdered yourself
it's still murder, thus still a sin

God tries to force you to play his little game but if you decide you don't want to he retaliates by giving you a life of eternal suffering

He seems very childish

god is satan, satan is the universe and everyone is a schizophrenic fragment of him contracted to the universe by the love of power. the soul is whatever passes through the set but doesn't belong to it. you damage that soul and no one can change that. god doesn't control it. to control is to be controlled, by you, god, satan. duh. everyone knows this...

By taking your own life, you literally become your own God. OG God don't like that.

>if you killed enough people you'd just be reincarnated as god, the ultimate punishment

All religions build upon the mores that preceded them, Christianity is no different. It has been necessary to stigmatize suicide for the same reason religion was propagated, to placate the masses and keep them drudging away.

>hell is other people

*tips*

you missed the devil trips to authenticate that

i actually like what G.K. Chesterton wrote about suicide, it's really funny because he was a christian and was against it, but somehow after reading him i think about suicide as a beautiful thing that has a lot of dignity and it's basically saying "fuck you" to god and all his creation

>Not only is suicide a sin, it is the sin. It is the ultimate and absolute evil, the refusal to take an interest in existence; the refusal to take the oath of loyalty to life. The man who kills a man, kills a man. The man who kills himself, kills all men; as far as he is concerned he wipes out the world. His act is worse (symbolically considered) than any rape or dynamite outrage. For it destroys all buildings: it insults all women. The thief is satisfied with diamonds; but the suicide is not: that is his crime. He cannot be bribed, even by the blazing stones of the Celestial City. The thief compliments the things he steals, if not the owner of them. But the suicide insults everything on earth by not stealing it. He defiles every flower by refusing to live for its sake. There is not a tiny creature in the cosmos at whom his death is not a sneer.

that's a fantastic painting

People criticize the Chesterton quote, but I think it does a good job of emphasizing the egotism inherent in suicide

Calvinism is real, user.