Is "plating" a meme?

Is "plating" a meme?

My dad fucked my mom and that's how I got born

No. It's the act of putting food on a plate. Are you retarded or something?

kind of. I only give a shit if I'm purposely cooking a nice meal for other people and I want them to be impressed. if it just my immediate family I don't give a shit

>It's the act of putting food on a plate.
Well la-dee-dah, your royal highness. I'm sorry we can't all afford your silk-lined plates and absodian forks but here in the real world, most people eat straight out of the frying pan.

Presentation is just a meme designed to detract you from the actual quality of the food. I mean come on, you're not japanese you don't believe in all this feng-shui voodoo chi bullshit about proper placement, just eat the fucking food and enjoy it instead of taking pictures to put on you instagram you millenial normie cuck.

some faggot took time to right this autism

>right this autism
Found the brainlet.

not really no, you take the major senses into account, if the best tasting and smelling dish in the world looks like a pile of shit then it will detract from the enjoyment

in my defense, I am very drunk

Yes. Putting the fucking food on the fucking plate is not complicated. It's not anything that really deserves a name. It's completely literally the last thing the chef should worry about.

>absodian
Found the brainlet.

No, but pretentiously tiny portion sizes are.

Asking if things are a meme is a meme.

No, those have a legitimate purpose in tasting menus where you're going to try as many as a dozen courses in one meal. You'll never need to know about those though.

It's necessary for you to not feel like a dumbass for paying for it.

Stating things are a meme is also a meme tho.

Okay. Take a fully prepared burger. Now disassemble it and toss everything into a bowl. Give it to the customer and see what happens.

can someone please tell me what a meme is

Asking what a meme is is a meme.

Nothing wrong with small portion sizes in a multi-course meal. The real issue is that the plates are too large.

It's dumb, to be sure, but there is a class of imbeciles that believe it distinguishes mediocre food from "gourmet." That's why "chefs" put so much emphasis on it. "Money from nothing."

>my current wench, Salania Lumpflestein, kept harping about the restaurant of the momo-ment where the reality star of the day ate, so we had to go and try it. I noticed the plating had the aesthetic of a Dahli painting, and complimented the chef on his artismo while Salania wandered off to converse with the famous Slip Realitard. All in all a favorable experience although it took me a long time to find Salania after she disappeared with Slip.

You are

This

Plating like the pic in the OP is a waste, in general. Is anyone going to distribute those sauces evenly among the 4 pieces of fish besides the most pretentious of us? No.

I get why it exists, it's a little bit of art with your food if you're that ostentatious.

Because of my job, I eat with a lot of people who find this important, and it drives me nuts.

Some restaurants/chefs want to provide patrons with a full sensory experience, not just basic sustenance. This doesn't excuse dumb ass shit like plating on a cutting board though.

It's a word chantards have run into the ground by applying it to every goddamn thing people might talk about. It's an excuse to shitpost threads about nothing.

It depends on the style of food though. If you're eating haute cuisine, you expect the food to be presented elegantly. If you're eating barbecue, it better be on a basic bitch plate loaded edge-to-edge with ribs, pulled pork, brisket, baked beans, potato salad, and cornbread, with a roll of paper towels instead of napkins on the table. Japanese food you expect it to be elegant. Chinese you expect it to be family-style with a central platter.

If you post something you cooked on Veeky Forums inevitably will say something like

>Looks cooked to perfection, moist and tender. A well balanced meal.
>Very appetizing, I imagine it tastes like nectar straight from Zeus' cock.
>Plating is shit
>Overall? 3/10

> Is anyone going to distribute those sauces evenly among the 4 pieces of fish besides the most pretentious of us? No.

i don't think you have to be pretentious to do that user. you just have to want the sauce

There's a difference between putting proper food nicely on a plate and using tweezers to arrange razor thin strips of meat next to a sauce smear and a sad, crumpled piece of vegetable.

You're not using the word meme correctly, so, no.