Reminder that "aioli" is a fake word invented by fat people so people would be tricked into not thinking they were...

reminder that "aioli" is a fake word invented by fat people so people would be tricked into not thinking they were disgusting for dipping food in mayonnaise

but mayo is delicious

>ailoi is mayonnaise

I would call this poor bait but enough people legitimately don't know what aioli is that it could be true.

Ailoi is a dipping sauce made from olive oil and garlic. If anyone calls it "garlic aioli" they are wrong. Its like saying mustard seed mustard or fish fish sauce.

Without egg protein, how does aioli stay emulsified?

magic

Aioli aioli be my ravioli

Fazolis

I just googled it.
Aioli does have egg in it.

So really it's just garlic flavored mayo.

mustard seeds contain lecithin, so it's absolutely possible to bind with a bit of mustard.

Garlic's sulfide compounds also lend themselves to stickiness. Equal parts garlic, air and oil, although quite pungent, should thicken up nicely.

Not traditionally.

Yes, and. Originally, aioli (Spanish/Mediterranean) was just garlic and olive oil - no egg, not mayonnaise. It was the French that started adding egg to it, turning it into garlic mayonnaise but keeping the name.

"Aioli" has since been co-opted to refer to any random flavored mayonnaise. "Garlic aioli" might be redundant and wrong, but thanks to the degenerates working in marketing and the degenerates they market to, it's now a meaningful distinction, to separate it from things like "Chipotle Aioli" and "Cranberry Aioli".

>mixing foods together to create new flavors is degenerate

I watched that last night. Figured I could get away from the soul crushing lonliness for a couple hours by watching a cartoon rate chef. Didn't expect the romance subplot.

Sometimes I feel lonely, but then I remember that there are very few people on this planet that I can actually stand to be around, and it's very likely that those few people cannot stand to be around me.

Hold on, user. The sex bots are coming.

Haven't made aioli in a while, but now I want to.

Got some pork tenderloin I'm planning to take out and cook tomorrow.

How well do you think the two would pair? Probably give the pork a dry rub in onion powder, chili powder, cumin and salt.

dipping fries in mayo is fucking amazing you motherfucking retard

Don't feel bad. It's impossible to develop a straight up friendship after college when everyone was somewhat poor and had no alternative agendas. And people wonder why legal and illegal drugs are the norm when it's impossible to develop a relationship based on trust if you're not just a poorfag.

Absolutely pig disgusting. Mayonnaise ruins most foods.

So true.
>talk with a coworker a few times
>he seems like a pretty cool guy
>dude you should totally come down and join my church
hahaha no thanksssss$$$$$$$$$

Aren't all words made up?

>I'm such a self-absorbed cunt I can't stand other people
I know that feel user.

Still better than ketchup, the worst condiment ever created.

> he doesnt know the difference between traditional and original

>Didn't expect the romance subplot.
>also i have never seen a movie before. Ever. Whats a movie?

>what is evolution of language vs making up sounds and expecting people to know what the fuck you are doing

What is it like to be so fucking dumb?

>ill hate america
>bitches luve it when i hate america

wrong

aioli has garlic in it, mayo doesn't

That's true, for every place that isn't America. And some places that are America.

Mixing foods together to create new flavors is how you get new foods.

Marketing a combined food with the same name as the original it's distantly related to, as though it's the same thing, is degenerate.

Pic and title related.

But your earlier examples make no sense.

If you want to put cranberries in aioli and call it cranberry aioli, that is absolutely an accurate name for what you have created.

It might be a hipster meme food, but it's perfectly descriptive.

Fair point. Let me see if I can clarify my opinion.

Aioli with cranberries in it could sensibly be called "cranberry aioli", granted. I don't extend that to believing that mayonnaise with cranberries in it should be called "cranberry aioli", and labeling it as such exploits hipsters and encourages ignorance.

If you start with aioli, add eggs, replace the olive oil with vegetable oil, remove the garlic, and add minced cranberries, there's a point beyond which I believe the result is no longer aioli, regardless of what adjectives you add to it. I think it's somewhere around the stage where all (i.e. both) of the ingredients that comprised and defined the original have been removed and replaced with something else, along with the method of processing.

Ah. The classic Ship of Theseus paradox.

There's a food truck near where I live that makes a godly pesto aioli. I would eat it every fucking day if I could.

Just got some lab work back. Turns out I have low HDL (good cholesterol).

Since aioli is basically just garlic and olive oil, this seems like it would be a great condiment since olive oil is supposed to raise your HDL levels.

Also gonna start drinking more red wine.

Thoughts?

Eggs, garlic, olive oil, salt... Butter and vinegar? What kind of vinegar?

The wine part sounds fun.

That isn't really how it works, but sure, those are both delicious

If you want to raise your HDL exercise at least 3x a week at >75% of your max heart rate for 20 minutes or more

Lemon juice maybe?

Lemon juice

>If you want to raise your HDL exercise at least 3x a week at >75% of your max heart rate for 20 minutes or more

I already exercise 5 days a week interchanging between cardio and lifting. Cardio is always at or near peak.