I'm looking a book filled with melancholy and the American landscape. Something like Paris, Texas if you've seen that...

I'm looking a book filled with melancholy and the American landscape. Something like Paris, Texas if you've seen that. 20th century if possible. Loneliness would be the mood. Anybody know of something that fits that description?

Other urls found in this thread:

itunes.apple.com/hu/book/voronoi-horizons/id1143021888
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Baudrillard, America

Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance?

My diary desu

my diary desu

Sironia, Texas

Train Dreams

Lonesome Dove

Paris, France

Just watch spaghetti westerns, they are more Veeky Forums than most books

You're looking for Steinbeck. Check out East of Eden, Grapes of Wrath, and Travels with Charley.

In Cold Blood

is this good? It's like, long and shit

thanks for the suggestion, but not quite so much. I love Steinbeck, but I'm looking for something with a bit more of a contemporary setting, not necessarily dealing with the struggles of the people against the unforgiving terrain, but their isolation from it

pretty much any book by John Kerouac maybe?

Raymond Carver. Unfortunately his descriptions aren't particularly florid, but the mood is there

Lolita tbqhwy

I haven't read it but Americana by Delillo sounds fit for what you're looking for.

In the Heart of the Heart of the Country by Gass as well.

delillo, raymond carver, franzen, maybe updike and steinbeck, john cheever, richard yates, zadie smith

HA! Those doogs got SPOOKED

this

read storie Where I Calling From

sorry, meant to quote this

itunes.apple.com/hu/book/voronoi-horizons/id1143021888

this

I don't have any books like that, but try paintings of Edward Hopper

YES!

Hello America by JG Ballard
anything at all by Raymond Carver
Hart Crane

Hard Rain Falling - Carpenter

Winesburg, ohio by sherwood anderson

Listen to pic related and Nebraska

Can I ask where you got the pic related? It reminds me of an album cover. And it's also stirring a story inside of me; I like the bleakness of it all.

probably from the daily mail, because that's how they format their images

There's a thread about you on here. You are becoming a meme.

not that user, i want to know morw about htis though

it's just one guy, maybe two, who started using Veeky Forums when i wasn't on here as much. they will give up in a couple of days

Glad to see Carver getting some love. He's pure Americana. I only discovered him recently but there's a lot of understated genius in his stories. I reached the title story of Cathedral today and I know I'm in for something special.

Angels by Denis Johnson

Cormac McCarthy?
Larry McMurtry?
Stephen Harrigan?

This or are the best options

yep this is what I was going to suggest

Watch Wild at Heart by David Lynch

Sam Shepard

+1

better yet, read the book

love this meme

Do you? This sub-forum is about literature, not movies. And it so happens that the novel Wild At Heart is based on (of the same name) is really good in itself. Stop being so ignorant

thank you my friend, few know anderson and it's a shame

Mobile
Michel Butor

On the Road by Kerouac

Watch the documentary Gothic King Cobra