Who would willingly have and electric stove over a gas stove?

Gas is clearly the refined choice of real food enthusiasts.

Gas is a lot better. I currently have electric and it's fine but not as versatile

Gas is the best, but you can't always choose. My apartment doesn't have a gas connection.

Only nu-males and old people cook with electric

You're preaching to the choir

>I live at home and cook with the stove that mommy and daddy bought

In the real world electric is often your only option. You'll figure that out when you move out and live like an adult

Taste the heat not the meat.

Electric stove seems to cook slower. But i prefer gas.

Americans just don't like electric because they only have 110 volts at their disposal.

I would argue that induction is as good as gas.

Old ass electric coils are of course the absolute worst.

This may be true, honestly. I used to have electric and it was shit but I got my kitchen renovated and a gas range installed and it's infinitely better.
One of my favourite things about having a gas range/oven is that delicious smell that the oven lets off when you're using it.

I've never used induction before. Seems like a good choice, though.

At least our dicks are usually bigger because this is relatable to the thread.

Haha, this is so true. I actually do live with my parents and cook on a gas stove that they bought. But we lived with electric for AGES and it's such a difference that I had to tell the (autistic) world about it.

Lol, no, kettle memer. Big appliances like stoves, washing machines, dishwashers, etc have 220

The concept of a pilot light just kind of freaks me out when I think about it too much.

>Part of the pipeline is very very slowly leaking gas at all times, and that leaking gas cloud is on fire. When you turn on a burner, some of that burning gas comes spraying out and thats what the fire is.

Its pretty nice. I wouldn't want an entire cooktop but an induction hotplate is absolutely great.

Hahaha, it IS freaky if you think about it.

Do you think the government secretely puts mind-altering drugs in the gas, to keep the population complacent?

They combine with the chemtrails and cause autism in Americans.

No, because most normies use electric now. Microwaves are perfectly safe as long as you wear your tin foil hat.

>gas costs money
>burning it 24/7 when not in use
>literally burning money at all times

I wonder who could be behind this one?

Fucking what. We just get an electric spark to light the gas when we turn the feed handle.

New ovens light with an electric spark

Old ovens have a pilot light

Do americans just love cucking themselves out of money and then complaining about jews on imageboards? All my older stoves had no pilot nonsense and you had to light them with a match. Now we got sparks.

>Do americans just love cucking themselves out of money
No but we are obsessed with convenience, which is what the pilot light was for.

I've had bad experiences with pilot lit type stoves. I could never turn them on properly for some reason it went something like:

>turn slightly
>wait a couple of clicks
>turn on all the way
>oh shit no fire
>turn off quickly
>big blue flameball nearly gets my hand
>"MOTHERFUCKING SON OF A BITCH FUCK STOVES!!!!!!!!!!! I'm sticking with the oven. (╬益)"

>(╬益)"
it's like i'm looking in the past

i demand electric because i cant use a gas

and turns the frogs gay

The future is induction stovetops.

Gas stoves don't use pilot lights you dumb fuck. It's an electric (or flint if you're real old school) just like a lighter.

Induction is god tier, i allways get super jelly when visiting home and helping with cooking on induction stove, comparing that to electric stove from 80's that i have at my apartment is just sad
Depending on old pots and pans material the change can be quite expensive though.
>that cold to boiling time

I have induction and it's not as good as gas.

Maybe if you get a very expensive induction plate it's about the same, but as far as mine goes:

>heats very locally
Even on a thick cast-iron you'll notice where the heating circle ends. It may heat the center a bit better than gas, but it definitely neglects the outer edges.

>lifting the pan off a bit means no connection.
You can't be like that chinese wok chef tossing food. The pans need to connect to get heated. Some (most?) plates even shut off if they can't detect a pan for too long.

>pan bender
I even managed to bend cast-iron a bit by heating it up too fast. And induction can heat up stuff fucking fast, which would be nice if it didn't hurt the cooking wares. Again, this is due to the local distribution, it doesn't spread the heat as well.

>not all pans work on induction
Always be on the lookout if your new favorite pan actually works with it. Although it's usually only plain aluminum which causes problems.

>Cheap (maybe the expensive ones too?) plates regulate heat level by pulsating power on and off in different length intervals.
They technically only have a few heat levels and they imitate lower levels by switching, like many microwaves do too. It's hard to do a steady simmer this way. You can never be really precise like with gas, which has a true analog control (well, until you get too low)

I still think it beats the hell out of normal electric plates though.

Sounds like you've never used a commercial range, user.

>Americans just don't like electric because they only have 110 volts at their disposal.
G8 B8 M80.

With gas, your home blows up when moving parts fail.

Most of our kitchens have a 240 volt outlet just for the stove.

>220v
Oooooh. Sooo powerful. Even our electric weighing scales are 240v. You'd still break them though, amerilard.

In my experience, gas doesn't reach very high temperatures unless you have a very nice stove. And it kinda freaks me out that you literally die if you don't turn it off properly, or if you fuck up while turning it on and the gas leaks.

Nominal voltage here was 110/220 several decades ago. Now it's 120/240.

Even the tiniest gas flame burns at about 3500 degrees, which is evident by its color.

>>And it kinda freaks me out that you literally die if you don't turn it off properly
How is that any different than an electric stove electrocuting you if it isn't wired up properly or if a component fails?

>Even the tiniest gas flame burns at about 3500 degrees, which is evident by its color.
True, but it doesn't mean your pan will get that hot. The problem is that the flame area is usually very small compared to an electric stove.

Only like 5% of the area of the pan touches the stovetop. The rest is microscopic air pockets that conduct almost no heat at all

gas is ok but most non commercial ranges have pitiful output
and it stinks
i use induction in the house and have a high output gas range i use outside
the worst is glass top electric YUCK
coil electirc are whatever, i like that they're cheap and easy to fix

>True, but it doesn't mean your pan will get that hot

If that's what you meant you should have discussed power output rather than temperature.

>>The problem is that the flame area is usually very small compared to an electric stove.
you must be used to very shitty gas stoves then. all the ones I've used growing up had no problem putting flames beyond the edge of a 12" skillet if you weren't careful, and none of those were particularly expensive or fancy ones.

This. That's an important advantage that gas has over many electric cooktops.

Gas only stinks when stink is added to it. When I was in Spain, I noticed it didn't have odor. How do they not have more kabooms?

i meant more the fumes from combustion stink
but yeah that's weird they don't have gas odorant in spain

glass top electric is so fucking bad, I am stuck living in a room in a house because student and the owner said his psycho ex girlfriend made him get rid of the gas range because it was gonna explode, and now I have to deal with glass top electric which heats to searing temperature in like 5 minutes and boils from cold in like 10-15 minutes or more.

It's burning a literally insignificant amount. My gas bill is like 100 bucks in the winter and like 25 bucks in the summer.

Gas ovens and pilot lights have been around forever dumbshit not everything is a conspiracy.

My mom got one of those stupid flat glasstop electric stoves because of aesthetic reasons and ease of cleaning. At the cost of taking literally 10 minutes to boil 2 cups of water.

Get a $10 hotplate?

That's even worse since it goes into a normal wall outlet. That limits its power output a great deal compared to a stove which plugs into a special high-power outlet.

get a $100 induction plate

God I hate electric stovetops. Every apartment I've lived in has had the coils far from flat, always some dumb angle. Not only did that mean that one half the pan had 0% contact, but any oil would pool at an edge. Impossible to cook a round egg.

I had a small induction hotplate for cooking in my dorm and even that was way better than the shitty electric in my parent's house. With electric it takes like 30 seconds on high before I can even feel the pan getting hot. With induction it happens instantly.

>get a $100 induction plate

That still doesn't solve the problem. What part of "any cooking appliance that plugs into a normal wall outlet is going to be weak" don't you understand?

They have 400V here.

Electric stoves are better for very low heat slow cooking. Even the minimum heat on a gas cooktop will burn the bottom of my stews if left alone for too long whereas with my old electric stove I was able to perfectly slow cook without needing to watch the pot by leaving it on at the lowest heat for a few hours.

I just use charcoal.

For outdoor cooking, charcoal is the best. Propane is convenient but I think charcoal makes food taste better.
Sorry, Hank.

my retarded friend likes electric. funny enough, he had an electrical fire that burned his house down, he was living in a trailer on the lawn for 2 years. Lost everything

they put electric in for the rebuild.
why would you use electric instead of gas? you had an electrical fire
>electric causes fires, gas causes explosions

this is why I hate him and dont want to be friends anymore..but I have no other friends except for you guys

you obviously don't understand induction

Gas is amazing for cooking imo, but electric is far cheaper.

>this is why I hate him
Kek, because he made a good point?

Don't be upset, go be friends again.

>you obviously don't understand induction

You obviously don't understand that no matter what techology is being used, a plug-in appliance in North America is going to be limited to about 1500 watts or so. It could be magically 100% efficient and it would still suck.

user. Although gas is nice in general. I'd day that MODERN electric stoves are far from bad. They get the job done.

My glass top electric heats up fast enough, but then in never cools down and I have to pull food all the way off the stove to keep it from burning.

Ours makes a funny smell when it's not being used, I prefer the old electric one.

I have an electric range and it makes me want to straight up kill myself. The coils are all in level and don't make solid contact with my pans. I hate it.

The only thing modern electric stoves have going for them is that they're easy to clean.

Gas is superior in every other way:
-more powerful heat output
-less expensive to operate (on average)
-instant source of flame for flambeing, roasting the skins off peppers, toasting foods, etc.
-works with any material and shape cookware
-functions normally in the event of a power outage
-instant response to changing heat levels & you get immediate visual feedback by looking at the size of the flame.
-no annoying "auto shut off" if you move a pan to toss food or switching on-and-off while trying to maintain a low simmer, etc, that plague many induction cooktops

Modern electric stoves are even worse than the coil electric stoves. Electric stoves are garbage. I wish this place had a gas line.

As someone who's used electric for the past 20 years, let me tell you: I fucking miss having a gas stove.

Electric are garbage.

I use gas for most things, then I have an induction top for cooking pasta/potatos/boiling water

Is it really that much of a difference of when You have 220 volts instead of 400? Id guess it just limits the number of active plates

Uh I thought boilers has pilot lights, I'm like 85% sure my gas stove doesn't have a pilot light, only my boiler.

This, or poorfags