Will my kids appreciate our home library or will they just think I'm a giant faggot?

Will my kids appreciate our home library or will they just think I'm a giant faggot?

Not too bad, very Veeky Forums-core, but you've got other stuff peppered in there too. And think, once Veeky Forums dies over the next 10 years, it will just become you-core

good shit. your child will never read any of it.

This is the last of it

unfortunately is probably right. are you gonna die soon or something?

this is the shelf i need, but not the one i deserve, and whatnot.

Good selection of books. I don't know your kids but presumably they think you're heterosexual given that you made them through heterosexual sex.

Old mass market paperbacks are aesthetic as fuck

I you are lucky they will appreciate it

95% chance though that they will simply think you are well read (or clever if they respect you) and will only engage with you and those books if they need help in an assessment on one of them (highly unlikley)

70-30 Chance that when you die and your wife dies they will dump them all at a charity bookstore or auction house as though you never had them

This is so sad. I hope my kids keep my books

>70-30 Chance that when you die and your wife dies they will dump them all at a charity bookstore or auction house as though you never had them

Me and my wife are both readers, and we still got rid of most of her fathers books when he died. Fact is, taste matters. He had a really impressive true crime and adventure library, but that just isnt what we are into.

Having children who genuinely enjoy reading is hard enough even for good parents even rarer still is having children who enjoy reading and enjoy reading the same things you do.

There is a plus side to it though in that it ensures quality collects are at secondhand bookstores.

Just recently at my local one in the middle of nowwhere Australia got a stunning collection of Neoplantonist philosophy books and books by Jung (Im talking better than those in university libraries) as result of an estate sale.

Even if your memory and achievement will die isnt it better that they are being read than just stored by disinterested kids.

"He has to start with the Postmodernists."
"I don't really care he starts, but didn't that board of yours always say 'Start with the Greeks,' 'Start with the Greeks'?"
"It was a meme."
"I think it was a meme and it was real."
"..."
"It does provide a certain foundation..."
"The Greeks were assraping faggots. Start him with Pynchon. The Crying of Lot 49."
"What about V.? Isn't that his first book?"
"If you think he's gonna have any idea..."
"All right, forget it."

No I'm having a kid haha

Theyll be sad youre too poor to afford a shelf

Reading is gay, teach you kids to make a boomerang and how to kill a man with bare ahnds instead

>implying you have kids
>let alone sex

First the latter, then the former.

Why not start stocking up on a children's library, user? You have good taste, I'm sure you can curate a good selection there too. You have to get them familiar with books from the start, and you can't start them on Calvino and Proust.

this.

>lolita
Gay pedo confirmed.

Physical books will be obsolete by the time your kids grow up

Your library is uncannily similar to mine

SiaSL is smut, and not even good smut. I just finished this yesterday and it was awful.

i think they will. we had a whole room filled with books from my great-grand-dad. i spent the biggest part of my childhood in that room, reading trough everything that grasped my attention. sadly, his books were mostly books about different regions of the world, fauna and flora, since he was a passionated traveler and collected bugs and moths and stuff.
make sure you allow your kids to get bored! most kids today get bombarded with activities and never get the chance to find ways to entertain temselfes hat isn't tv. my son is 6 and whenever he come to me with the classic "i'm booooored", i ask him to sit still on the couch untill his mind or his body has a good idea. it usually takes half a minute and he's doing something again. so far, he's not a big book nerd (he loves to get a story read to him, though). his main interest is building lego's. i'm fine with that too.

also, congrats on the baby! when is it due?

Yeah those books on that top shelf are all my old highschool books. I don't even read Sci fi stuff anymore really. I thought Solaris was shit as well.

Very good, what got me into reading as a child is my parents' taste. They had a home library like that. Igonore the other posts, it will work for them - as it will work for me.