What's the point of kettles when literally everyone already has pots and microwaves which do what kettles do plus other...

What's the point of kettles when literally everyone already has pots and microwaves which do what kettles do plus other things too?

The loud yelling is cool and helps

It's fast when you don't have a microwave.

Fucking "microwave multi tool" fags

>microwaving water

Microwaving is gross, stove is generally slower. As a non-kettle-having American who moved to Europe, eletric kettles are nice to have.

We dont need this thread every day.

I have a kettle I put on the stove, so not only is it easier to pour water, but I don't spill it every fucking where.

The upside of a fancy electric kettle is heating water to 80 degrees for green tea, etc.

>microwaving water

Enjoy your radiation disease and metallic cancer causing water stupid Americans

Electric kettles are handy for making a quick coffee/tea before work.

>radiation disease and metallic cancer
Source?

>Enjoy your radiation disease and metallic cancer causing water stupid Americans
typical europoor who can't into science

Makes a lot of water quickly. Works pretty well when you have a shitton of people who use the stove/microwave living together.

Yeah, but how are they handiER than a normal kettle on the stove or using a microwave?

I can answer that. Partially, anyway.
Microwaves, even in Europe, are rarely more than 1200 watts. OTOH our electric kettles are often 3000 watts, if not more. The kettle is MUCH faster than the microwave here.

Though when I lived in the US both the kettles and the microwaves were of similar power so that distinction wouldn't exist there.

I don't have a microwave and a normal kettle takes longer to heat. With an electric kettle you put in 250 mL, push the button, and by the time you're done putting instant coffee in your mug it's pretty much hot enough to pour on top of it.

Wouldn't it make more sense to own a microwave instead? A microwave can be used for many things whereas the kettle can only boil water. Seems like if you were stuck with just one appliance it would make sense to choose the more useful one?

Pots are awkward to pour from and microwaves tend to make water explode

I don't really need a microwave considering my cooking habits and microwaving water to make a coffee seems a bit gross to me, but I guess it's just psychological and it would be a good investment if I had to heat things quickly that weren't water.

>What's the point of kettles
If you mean a standard $30 kettle, it's good for making tea.
Electric kettles, on the other hand, are a bullshit waste of money. Seeing the "dispense" button just makes my eyes glaze over.

>standard $30 electric kettle is good for making tea
>but an ELECTRIC kettle is bullshit

Are you retarded

>pots are awkward to poor from

I guess if you're a manlet or gril with matchstick wrists because I poor from a regular pan into my poor over coffee setup every morning without any issues.

>using a skillet for pour-over

Why are you so proud of living in squalor?

Why are you so proud of needing multiple tools to do one job?

>skillet

No, a regular sauce pan. I'll be damned if I'm going to waste my money on a dainty, cutesy, pink flower painted kettle with a tooty-fruity whistle to remind me when the water is boiling. A bit too girlish for my flavor, thanks anyway.

Why are you so proud of being a manchild who can't perform basic tasks without the help of utensils specifically designed for said task?

Doesn't exist because it's not true.

Because if he doesn't find arbitrary reasons to look down on you he won't feel special anymore.

There's arbitrary and then there's literally taking pride in being a gormless fuckwit who boild water in a skillet.

are these bait threads or are you people really stupid enough to believe kettles aren't ridiculously faster to boil?
I'm American, by the way

>are these bait threads or are you people really stupid enough to believe kettles aren't ridiculously faster to boil?
Never heard of thermodynamics before?

>I'm American, by the way
Oh, it shows.

>a fucking saucepan for a god damn pourover
I'm having a hard time trying to figure out whether to laugh or not; I legitimately can't tell if you're serious.
You're like those complete morons who do things in more difficult ways because it's "manlier". What's even funnier is you're insulting people who don't want to act as stupid as you are for no reason.
Fucking troglodytes.

They objectively are. I tried it myself.

Kettle is faster in 240 volt countries. Americans don't use them because they've always had coffee machines with integrated heaters and 120 volt limitations.

Says who user? I found some euro science

How is microwaving gross?

>rrrrrrrrrrrrrrRRRRRRRRRRRRRREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
I like to use my kettle because it keeps the normies out

Boiling water is more reliant on the amount of water than anything else.

not him, but a heating element in water is >95% efficient. A 1200W element will quickly boil a few cups of water.

A stovetop is not nearly as efficient due to wasted heat going into the environment rather than the water itself. The electric kettles can directly heat the water so it's much faster.

A microwave can be quick as well but microwaving water is weird

This seems like a good answer. I didn't think about the 120 vs 240 thing. Why aren't Euro microwaves better if they can draw more power though?

>I share a planet with someone who believes this

I feel the same way...

Are you the same user that gets uppity about never washing your dishes?