Is /sp/ our one true rival? Nothing makes me more upset than buffoons ogling over grown men throwing balls around...

Is /sp/ our one true rival? Nothing makes me more upset than buffoons ogling over grown men throwing balls around. "March Madness" in particular gets me riled up.

I must sadly admit the pic triggerd me for a short period.

This isn't about literature

You can like both, faggot. You're just a fat fuck.

For a mind which can endure a lot you need a fit body. That's my 2 cents on the topic.

Sport is great. The big commercial spectacle they have become is the problem.

>unatheletic beta who was always picked last hates sports

Grow up, faggot.

>stop liking what I dislike

Pathetic.

Boxing has always been the Veeky Forums sport.

Jack London was a boxer, Ernest Hemingway, the list goes on...

>he didn't start with the Greeks

>conveniently ignoring the assfucking part

/thread , if there ever was one

>I didn't read the pic lol

I used to love rugby, soccer and sprinting from about 8-16. Not to boast, but I was fast as fuck, probably because I'd hit puberty at 8.
Now, I let poetry and literature be my race, my sprint, if you will, my Olympics. Like the runners of Dellos, I skitter cross the sands of my brain... I have cast away the world of physical toil for a life of brooding and nuance.

You sound like a faggot who'd get his ass kicked by a schoolgirl. Piss off.

Bet you're a faggot who can't swing though.

> Like the runners of Dellos, I skitter cross the sands of my brain... I have cast away the world of physical toil for a life of brooding and nuance.

holy... I want more...

Troglodyte! Sticks and stones! We all know I'll surpass you in all things academic, thoughtful and wise.

If you haven't read A.J. Liebling's The Sweet Science, you should. Like all his stuff, it's great.

Well, it seems I already have an admirer. How queer... It's as though my time spent learning, reading and studying has done me good. The other troll, sad little man he is, best go "pump iron" or God knows what, whilst I recite poems to my scholarly disciples. Hurrah! Hurrah then for poetry and mindfulness! Down with the athletes of wordly pleasure; hurrah for the pentathletes of literature!

>muh I should only exercise my brain with reading fiction

First off, if you really wanted to exercise your brain, you'd practice mathematics; but, of course, that's too difficult for your pea-sized brain, so you try to make yourself feel better by telling yourself that reading fiction is somehow making you more intelligent. Secondly, a healthy mind requires a healthy body. So if you're not physically exercising, then you're not reaching your peak potential. Besides, sports, which are great for the mind, require problem solving and critical thinking: I.e, discerning how to beat your opponent, strategy, etc., etc. Probablg the only physical exercise you get is from masturbating and typing on your keyboard while shitposting. Fuck off, you fedora.

I'll fucking wallop you m8.

>True gentlemen
>Real men

This dude posts exclusively on /r/mensrights

>Mathematics

But, sir, maths aren't real. Sir, it's an abstract concept. Hohoho. Silly boy, go off and finish your engineering degree, you absolute pig! You have no tenderness of soul.
>Healthy mind needs healthy body meme
Prove that my mind is physical...

sports are honestly the most mind-numbing thing ever, honestly such a cancer and the people who are obsessed with sports have something severely wrong with them

>inb4 muh athletics
watching sports and jerking off to football doesn't make you athletic

>getting mad about things you could easily just ignore

were you bullied by a football player or something?

A real intellectual cultivates mind and body. I mean, just look at the greeks.

boxing is diluted fighting
fighting for people who like a framework of limiting rules imposed on a natural activity

boxers prefer to have sex whilst wearing condoms

would you consider the person that watches apes in their enclosures an admirer of the apes? You're the clown to this party, keep singing!

How about a balance of reading and not being a disgusting fatty?

ITT:

0 Chads
18 NEETs

>getting mad at sports because fat fans exist
Books are honestly the most mind-numbing thing ever, honestly such a cancer, and the people who are obsessed with books have something severely wrong with them.

>inb4 muh intelligence
reading books and jerking off to Harry Potter doesn't make you intelligent

>Prove that my mind is physical...
How about you stop eating (consuming physical matter) and we'll see what happens to your mind.

>not realizing the strategic dialectic of boxing is applied hermeneutics
>not realizing that becoming a conduit for it makes you mentally unassailable even if you are an illiterate psychopath

To bet in good shape takes something like 20-30 minutes of work a day. Anybody who spends time browsing Veeky Forums and then says they spend too much time reading and have none left to exercise is lying.

>the Veeky Forums sport
>not the jeu de paume
lol

Also, Cortazar

“No man has the right to be an amateur in the matter of physical training. It is a shame for a man to grow old without seeing the beauty and strength of which his body is capable.”
most Veeky Forums athletics are obviously fencing, boxing, anything involving horses, running, swimming, and anything obscure that was invented before 1930

I like gold, tennis, and chess. I really don't watch sports, but I like reading about baseball statististics and football strategy. Sports can get really fucking nerdy.

I also like horse racing and can stand to go to a college football game from time to time
(Why do you get so upset over it?)
|_•)_/

I used to be among the top 10 best fencers in the world, and right now I do kickboxing.

How Veeky Forums am I?

>pyramids of egypt
Full of some real brain busters, no doubt

I hate when a mother fucker didn't start with the greeks

I like both. Its not that hard.

heh... You'd try kiddo

Liars are very much at home on Veeky Forums

Top 10 of 10 total? Who fences anymore

delet (You)rself