My uni is ranked 350-400 top universities, am i doomed ?

My uni is ranked 350-400 top universities, am i doomed ?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/QlsxUeOZRhE?t=2s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Depends. If it's the University of [Country] and is the best university in that country that's fine. Otherwise u need to have a VERY high IQ in order to get into a good grad school; i suggest watching "Rick and Morty"

bru you should have taken a gap year and focused on getting into top 100.

right now focus on good GPA and start extracurriculars. anything that can get your resume a boost

Hillarious, it is one of two physics and math oriented unis. The other one sits at top 250-300, not sure if u would cut it since most smart people in my country go there, while im a brainlet.

Then you had no choice. Keep at it. Build your CV and do some networking so you don't end up jobless

agree. as long as you have enough job experience you can downplay a shitty degree.

At least i will have the knowledge to participate on Veeky Forums more, not just lurk and understand a draction. Its not as bad as it seems.

This is why i'm forcing my son to watch Rick and Morty. He doesn't like it yet but he will in time.

What's the rank of the department you're in?

My uni is usually ranked 150-200, sometimes lower even but my department is very good. It was where genetic fingerprinting was invented.

Feels good living in germany, having a mediocre highschool degree and still getting into a top 15 Uni for my subject, without even taking an exam or anything before being admitted.

Which subject

Wymynz Stoodies

My uni is so shitty it isn't even ranked at all.

Physics

I go to a top 1 school, it's pretty cool

Being a brainlet doomed you, not being stuck in a top 350-400 university. Prestige only helps the mediocre while the gifted can always find a way to make it.

I just looked mine up. #400-450. I'm just fine though.

What ranking site is everyone using?

this. Go find internship at better university. Use your passion to prove yourself. Then, use these internships as networking yourself into better position.

University rankings are bullshit. Unless you're at an Ivy do you really think some HR jackass is going to think
>hmmm John went to Utah State but Jim went to Oklahoma state which is ranked 150 points higher he must be better
or some bullshit like that?

Rankings are a meme for overzealous high schoolers trying to get into the "best" school.

Worldwide university rankings are meant to chinks wondering which country they should swarm next. They are so biased that elite private schools that chinks can't invade aren't even ranked.

TL;DR: listen to employers, not Chinks

speaking of uni, has anyone heard of Purdue, and if so whats the consensus on it in terms of being a school for math?

Do you know anything about "l'École polytechnique" and "École Normale Supérieure"?

Purdue looks good on your resume no matter what.
Anecdotal evidence incoming: My chemistry/physics teacher in high school went to Purdue for his BS and MS in Chemistry. He was a fucking good teacher. I was just an awful student. I had him for physics and I didn't do so well. I was a bad student.
When I took chemistry I did much better. I was a better student. I didn't even need to study for my first chemistry class in college, still got an A.

I know Purdue is also very big on engineering. I asked that teacher one time "Is Purdue big on engineering?" and he stopped looking at his computer, made eye contact and exclaimed "Oh yeah!". So Purdue is probably decent for math.

youtu.be/QlsxUeOZRhE?t=2s

for undergrad no

For undergrad? No, not really. I went to an okay state school but got some undergraduate research experience, publications, and a high GPA. I was accepted into Harvard, Oxford, and ETH.

However I would always opt for a more prestigious school for your terminal degree

Just applied Purdue. Really hoping I get in as Im in state, if not I am fucked. If you go there I hope I meet you some day. It's a pretty neat place and I hope that by going there I can blaze my own trails and not be stomped over in some ivy league where I'm paying 3x the price

>manchester physics
>biggest physics department in europe, #1 eu on shanghai rankings
>respected and rigorous without being pretentious

based

Mine is ~700...

overall rankings are a meme. for BS/MS only your department matters. for PhD only your lab/advisor matters

Try to research what acomplishments the uni has instead of some dumb ranking. If your uni has zero famous or respecable people workign there its pretty bad. My uni is only top 100, but there are still dozens of nobels prizes there, which means that you can do noteworthy stuff there.

>i suggest watching "Rick and Morty"
is this bait? newfag here

Private organizations run by dirty, conniving jews.

Thank you for what you've said.

Anyone heard about Université Pierre Marie Curie ? It's supposed to be one of the best universities in maths ^^ (Shanghai)..

nope, you need an insanely high iq to actually understand the show. the jokes will just fly over the average persons head.

that's why it is so popular amongst reddit.