/whisk(e)y/ thread

What are you drinking this week Veeky Forums?

just some neat Bulleit Bourbon

Going to try not to. Every weekend I polish off a bottle of rum, and end up feeling like shit for one or two mornings, and swear I won't do it again next week. And then Friday night comes and I'm tired from working and want to unwind, and the slope becomes slippery. What sucks is that none of my friends are drinkers, and we also tend not to hang out on the weekends, so I just end up at home, alone, getting fershnikit, and I feel like shit.

But I'd be up for trying some Wild Turkey sometime.

Glengoyne 15 followed by Laphroaig 10 Year Cask Strength
Feels good to have disposable income after savings and pension

Mostly gone now... Stuff evaporates fast...

I usually drink a quart jar that contains 1 part Old Crow and 2 parts mixer. Usually just ginger ale or ginger beer. Tonight it's a little cran-apple, ginger beer, and a lime wedge. Dank as fuck.

Old Crow is the best mixing whiskey for your money. If I'm splurging on top shelf, I go for Glenlivet 12 and drink it with a little rocks.

Smirnoff.
A bullet to the head is the only thing left for me now. Ree live in no funz australia.

Don't worry m8. It sounds like you work hard. The best cure for alcoholism is over-compensating at work. As long as you are putting in a hard day's work, don't let the booze make you feel guilty ;)

And alcohol is technically poison so it's understandable you feel like shit, yet we all keep coming back to it. I wouldn't overthink it.

Are you me?

Two fingers of pictured to help me sleep.

I can't even find the Glenlivet 12 around here anymore, it was replaced by Founder's Reserve, which just isn't the same.

Bummer. Glenlivet 12 is one of the most balanced single malt scotches I've ever had. Can't say I've had another scotch like it.

A while back Veeky Forums recommended Lafroaig 10 year and I was feeling saucy so I got the Lafroaig quarter cask. That was some real gourmet shit! I don't feel like I have a refined enough palate to appreciate it. It is so fucking peaty that you feel like you smoked a cigarette after a couple sips of it.

Just bought this. Never had it before but I've had their double rye! and loved it so I'm optimistic

>Tajin
my nigga
I used to eat that as candy when I was a kid, still eat it plain. Delicious

Same as I do every week

Let us know how it goes

Wild turkey used to be like 10 bucks a bottle at my walmart four years ago. Literally 150% more expensive now. Too bad, shit got us drunk on a budget.

Another homerun desu. For $30 I don't think the High West line can be beat. Just drinking it straight. It was a little harsh on the nose, but it went down smooth with a nice sweetness to it. I think I like the spicyness of the double rye more, but still excellent for the price.

I'll probably try to make a old fashion next

>King Kong is a nigger

Jim Beam. Same as every week.

Is pic related worth a try?

I normally just drink beer, either store bought or my homebrew. I recently bought a bottle of Macallan 12 Year Double Cask. It's the first bottle of scotch I've ever purchased and i don't even drink whiskey. Gonna pot it open when I close escrow on my new house which will hopefully be in about 10 days.

Knob Creek Bourbon my dudes. It's pretty good.