This might be the 100th thread about this but in all honesty, how many genders are there anthropogenically?

This might be the 100th thread about this but in all honesty, how many genders are there anthropogenically?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis#Psychology_replication_rates
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There's only one gender: the human gender

Infinitely many. It was proven in 2016 that it is countable infinity, not uncountable infinity.

2, only two.
Who says otherwise does not understand the meaning of gender and is arguing semantics.

Please define gender Mr. genius

Can anyone be anything out of the binary gender classification between male and female? I mean I think people can feel that way but they can’t be that fluid i feel.

> cannot use simple google search
by wiki :
Gender is the range of characteristics pertaining to, and differentiating between, masculinity and femininity.

>Can anyone be anything out of the binary gender classification between male and female?
I don't know. Why don't you define gender for me and then I'll tell you.

This seems like sexualizing personality types. You identify as female but do many things, now you're. Demi boy or a butch? This is literally just overthinking peoples' personality types and classifying them into a special gender box. There should be three genders, male, female, and trans which can be analog between the two or none at all. Anything else is re-labelling trans but with "x-flavor"

if people will deny the words sex and gender the ability to extend outside the binary options, then all we need is a new word for these people to use. It's really not a big deal. Let s-gender stand for their personal identity, and sex and gender be their initial sex

gender is a meaningless word invented by feminists about 50 years ago

Manly*

Yeah.
If you feel like you belong to a different gender you are trans male/female right?

Yes, I agree.
You don't have to be masculine to be male, you have your own personality. Arbitrary moaning for special pronouns makes you an idiot.
Oh about gendered bathrooms:
The only difference between women and men bathroom is the existence of urinals.
You go where you can utilize them.
Bathrooms were never about gender but about biological sex.

Is this particle physics?

>that's why gender AKA masculinity-femininity dichotomy is literally a core part of several languages.
English used to have to a degree too, it still has some stuff. The word "blonde" is the feminine version, the world "blond" is the masculine version.

There are only two genders or sexes in humans the male(fertilizer) and female(incubator) and nothing more. Even trannies are either male or female mentally speaking not some third gender. A third gender would also think different from a man or woman and have a different sexual organ as well.

Tumblr appears to be reducing personality types to gender which shows how braindead they are.

>There are only two genders or sexes in humans the male(fertilizer) and female(incubator) and nothing more

So gender has to do with who is the fertilizer and how is an incubator? Nice, let me research my psychology journals to see where you got that definition...

Huh, I guess you just pulled that definition out of your ass. Lets move on.

>A third gender would also think different from a man or woman and have a different sexual organ as well.

Okay so gender has to do with your sexual organ. Let me again research. Let me do a quick search to see where you got this definition from, I bet it was a reputable Ph.D. with many publications...

Oh, no. You also pulled that out of your ass. Man, your asshole must be really wide for you to be able to store two bullshit definitions in it. You sure you are not a third gender yourself? Kek.

Well, that was fun. But you are clearly just bullshitting yourself and me so if you are going to try again at least have the decency to include a source from where you are taking the definition.

But Bill Nye showed set of genders is equinumerous with (0,1), so there are uncountably many genders

Well, that is why he is an engineer and not a mathematician. You can easily prove the inequalities

[math] \#\{ \text{Genders}\} \leq \# \{ \text{People} \} \leq \aleph_0 [/math]

>anthropogenically
As many as you can stomach. Naturally there are only the two you start out with but modern technology lets people do pretty much whatever the fuck they want now.

Nice counter argument there you brought so many facts to the table

>[math]\#\{ \text{Genders}\} \leq \aleph_0[/math]
You bigot, it is [math]\#\{ \text{Genders}\} > 2^{2^{\aleph_0}}[/math]

There are three third persons: him, she, it.
Nothing more.

Gender doesn't apply to people or animals or objects, but words. The correct word for describing certain characteristic of living being is sex, not gender.
Just because some psychologist started using the word gender for the purpose of molesting little kids (google John Money) it doesn't mean we should. This is the only correct answer in this thread

Yeah, the most important fact being that both of your definitions are not in use in any scientific paper.

Not knowing that "gender" was started by a deranged doctor that told one boy to turn into a girl because when being born with his twin he had a non working sexual organ and then preceded to rape both of the twins and then forced them to rape eachother which led both of them to commit suicide later in life and forever scar not only the family but also for some weird fuckin reason still be used in academia.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Money

>Money claimed that media response to the exposé was due to right-wing media bias and "the antifeminist movement".
This citizen of the Earth was so ahead of xir time.

>psychology
Please reference a field with higher than 50% replication rate.

There are three categories of sex. The two normal ones, male and female, and the defect one, intersex. For gender, it's a spectrum, but usually it depends on whether you have a male brain or a female brain. If you have a male brain your gender is man, if female brain, your gender is woman. You can be a womanly man or a manly woman depending on how much you conform to gender stereotypes. If neither of those, you might call yourself neutrois or nonbinary. Or if you're an asshole, you might call yourself that even if you have a normal brain to feel like a special snowflake.

Bringing swear words to an argument is the surest way to win, definitely.

>reddit: the post

Because gender is an identity thing, the number of genders is either as many as can be identified (effectively infinite), or there are 0.

If you mean oldschool gender (i.e. sex), then there are effectively two sexes, with a tiny minority falling somewhere between them.

Surprising to see someone /threading his own post also being right.

There is only one gender, women are property.

"If I were to see the case of a boy aged ten or eleven who's intensely erotically attracted toward a man in his twenties or thirties, if the relationship is totally mutual, and the bonding is genuinely totally mutual ... then I would not call it pathological in any way."

Thank you so much, I will add this to my list of ammunition against the gender confused individuals. What a sick fuck.

You're welcome my dude.

Just 36% of Psychology Studies Replicate
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Replication_crisis#Psychology_replication_rates

Tbh when i first saw OP's photo i thought I was looking at some foreign alphabet.

There are more "Genders" than People since one person can have multiple genders at one (some times infinite genders in just one person)

Each animal in World can also have multiple genders.

Each Aliens in Universe can also have multiple genders.

Each Object, Star, Galaxy or Atom in Universe can also have multiple genders

There are also infinite parallel universes. Each Universe have multiple genders.

I never got why ordinals are countable. How do you find a bijection between [math]\omega[/math] and [math]\epsilon[/math]?

Compared to 0% with gender studies, I think psychology is doing quite well.

Two, btfo nonbinary snowfucks.

.... nu males

LIke maybe 5 or 6 my dude

the fuck

WATCH THIS

Oh look, tumblr is astroturfing again.
> how many genders are there