What's your 'go to' meal?

what's your 'go to' meal?
something you cook when you can't be assed thinking of something different.
spag bol for me

Pinto beans with crumbled Cheez-It on top

chicken and rice

Blackened chicken alfredo. It just takes chicken, seasoning, pasta, butter, cream, and parm to make. I usually have some canned diced tomatoes around, so I'll toss those in. If I have some peppers or mushrooms on hand, those are going in too. Takes maybe 5 minutes to pan-sear the chicken, 5 for the sauce. If I have some decent bread on hand, the fourth burner can be melting down garlic and butter while the loaf's toasting in the oven.

>seasoned with pork

Yes, that is what is used when the bacon animal is on the endangered list

Rice in some sauce, vegetables optional.

that is the reason i get this brand. pinto beans without animal fat are disgusting.

Fricassee cuban style.

some pot roast with 'taters and carrots
>brown a piece of chuck or similar tough meat in a pan
>saute some onions and bell peppers next
>throw meat into casserole, pute some carrots, potatoes, the sauted veggies and deglase the pan with some stock or wine
>add liquid until halfways covered
>oven until you feel like it's done
might as well do one tonight

usually chili. lasts a good week in the fridge and is versatile as hell.

Alfredo Sauce

melt..

half a stick of butter
half cream cheese
the same of 2% milk
4 garlic cloves to soak.
Basil to taste

>>Cream cheese

Neck yourself.

play with your mafia olive oil and parm reg all you want, asshole. Or try something that tastes good.

>Or try something that tastes good.

That's exactly why I use parm reg. Cream cheese is fucking flavorless next to that.

Dunno why you mentioned olive oil; that has nothing to do with Alfredo.

eat what you want, buddy. I'm not some orthodox asshole who doesn't believe what he tastes.

I have about 20 lazy meals I can just whip out when I'm not super motivated to cook. They include:
- spicy rice noodles with peanuts and cucumber in sesame-tahini sauce
- tostadas
- ratatouille (summer only)
- rice noodles with bean sprouts in ginger-scallion sauce
- lentil soup
- gazpacho (summer only)
- pasta in tomato basil sauce
- cannellini bean and tuna salad
- pasta puttanesca
- tartine with quark, smoked fish, capers and onion
- potato leek soup

People do all sorts of weird shit and call it alfredo. I've had a bar kitchen manager tell me before that my alfredo would suck because my roux is always too thick.

I was like, "what the fuck does roux have to do with alfredo?" She says, "well, when you make it in bulk, you make it like a roux." Why the fuck would you make alfredo in bulk? I just came from saute station in an Italian restaurant, alfredo takes all of five minutes to make. If you get another order while one is one the stove, you just add more butter, cream, and parm.

Spaghetti with a can of tuna and a can of cream
That or white rice with a panfry of whatever the fuck I can find

>Why the fuck would you make alfredo in bulk?

People are retarded, that's why.

>not using ketchup and cream in a bolognese
>not cutting it up and eat it with a spoon

pleb

Chop up an onion, fry it.
Chop up 5 cloves of garlic, don't fry it.
Heat a bag of frozen vegetables.
Mix into 4 cups of hot cooked rice.
Serve with whatever meat was on sale this week.

Usually use peas or pepper strips, sometimes lentils.

Peenutt buter and jelly

either or

Can of beans, cup and a half of rice, whatever onion, whatever spices, soy sauce, chicken bouillon. All in one pot. Tastes great every time, makes four servings.

Basically a carb (ramen or rice) with vegetables and some form of protein source. Depending on my mood depends on which I go for.

Cracking an egg into either and whisking really changes the whole thing. Prefer that over it being poached or hard boiled.

Steak. Quick, easy, and tasty.

>pork
oy fucking vey, lad

Consider that alfredo in its original form is a bechamel sauce, flavoured with cheese. Thats a milk based roux sauce. Its mac n cheese, french style. Also for a 300 person wedding you aint gonna use 6 gallons of cream at $4-5 a quart, that's $120 worth the sauce. Use milk, butter and flour and spend 1/4 the money. Noone will know.

Pasta aglio e olio
Just spaghetti, lots of garlic, chili flakes, olive oil and fresh parsley
Not that healthy or nutritious but damn tasty

pasta
butter
powdered chicken stock
parmesan

its unhealthy as fuck, but tastes dynamite

canned tuna and rice

actually fuck that, if I don't have rice

canned tuna sandwich

I usually go for a 50/50 olive oil and butter mix. Adds a bit of creaminess.

Oh and parmesan, you can't skip the parmesan. Adds a much needed saltiness.

you are killing the meal with all that fucking parsley. restrain yourself

any of you assholes want an alfredo recipe that defies reason?

I forgot this is the same thread you fucking idiots decided cream cheese is a no no. Enjoy your fatty parm fuckfest the teenagers designing your food.

1) cream cheese has the same fat content as parm, bro.

2) teens don't know what parm is. They're certain to be good at stuffing their face with cream cheese. That's one of the reasons we look down on it so much. Nothing screams low-class white trash like putting cream cheese where it doesn't belong. I can practically smell the Wal-Mart "mobility scooter" and the NASCAR magazines from here.

yeah and nothing screams I'm trying so hard as a dipshit putting 2 pounds of grated parm reg into a pot of butter.

jesus christ,stop trying to not be a giant piece of shit in you lifetime.

cream is cream, you stunted cunt.

Beans on toast.
Don't give a fuck, baked beans on toast is always good... throw a couple of fried eggs on there too and you've got a winner.

So you're advocating using a worse-tasting product because you're afraid of "looking like a tryhard" (whatever the fuck that means)?

Chicken, sweet potatoes, carrots

Toss it all in olive oil.
Chuck it in the roasting pan.
Seasoning over the top.

400F for 45 minutes. Boom, dinner.

>cream is cream

What does that have to do with anything?

have you tasted it? It's fucking smooth, basily, garlicky. I honestly don't give a shit if you like it or not, but it's not inferior to pissing away pounds of parm reg.

Honestly I could give a shit about your desperate needs to be accurate. Food that tastes good, is good.

>have you tasted it?
I've used cream cheese for many things. I do enjoy it, but it's nowhere close to the correct flavor for alfredo. Cream cheese totally lacks that savory funk that a good parm reg has.

>>basily, garlicky
Neither flavor is appropriate for Alfredo.

>> Food that tastes good, is good.
Agreed. And cream cheese tastes nothing like how Alfredo is supposed to taste.

That's great, You can feed your fucking people the way you want. Isn't that wonderful?

Like none of us already knew that.

why all this autism about fucking parm cheese?
not trying to make it a euro shitflinging contest, but as a non american I've never ever had to consider parm cheese as a "try hard" snob ingredient, let alone having to replace it with fucking cream cheese of all things
is real cheese that expensive in america?

So much anger

>is real cheese that expensive in america?
Yes. Genuine parm reg is about $20/lb.

That doesn't really bother me though; it's very flavorful so you honestly don't need much of it.

Keep in mind that there's a strong culture here which looks down on people using ingredients perceived as "fancy".

Look, you either have a cheese that emulsifies in a medium or you have an entirely milky cheese that turns into a sauce. Everything between is stringy.

Just leave it alone. The assholes on this board aren't clever enough to argue with. Use your mozz or cheddar or whatever you had but don't talk to the pond scum on this board about it. They end stage miserable depressives that are a step away from suicide. just leave them be.

>Genuine parm reg is about $20/lb.
that fucking sucks
>Keep in mind that there's a strong culture here which looks down on people using ingredients perceived as "fancy".
>that's fucking hilarious

Parm isn't "fancy" it's salty and wasteful as an emulsifying agent. Stop melting shit you don't need to melt for taste. Jesus.

Don't you have some CAMBELLS BRAND cream of mushroom soup to dump over a a can of HEINZ green beans and "hotdish" in the oven for way too long?

Fried eggs in olive oil with fries and jamon or bacon

God's meal, its really great because I can get high quality olive oil for cheap in my country

>cuts the fucking pasta like a preschooler

you are the massive plebeian

Meat, vegetable(s), rice

No, not really, but something tells me you're way excited to post it so go ahead.

I try and make this all the time but it never comes out right

it tastes bitter

am I burning the garlic? I toast it till it turns kinda brown in olive oil and then pour that over the pasta

You're just afraid to go against the social norm. You are the pleb.

Carribean food sure looks flavorful

Are you that user that never cleans his dishes? Lmao

Yes, it's because you're burning the garlic.
I fry the garlic on a very low heat until it becomes golden, and no more. I then add all the other ingredients.

Use spanish garlic, add it at the end. Purple garlic resist being burnt.

stop bathing then

Found the Spaniard.
Throw some picadillo on that bitch and you have a glorious breakfast.

I never bathe.

I have light breakfasts because I wake up at 1pm

still, I prefer jamon to picadillo, but 10/10 taste senpai

Never use any other garlic than this.

>Make one cup of rice
>Let a can of Chunky's beef and vegetable soup simmer while the rice is cooking
>OPTIONAL: Throw in a can of beef and gravy
>Mix it all up in a bowl
>Tastes fine but reminds me of how ass-clenchingly poor I am
>Usually cry and contemplate suicide later

its great yall should try it

how many of you dipshits have made your own pasta?

you should try to get in Veeky Forums stuff
you develop such autism for meaningless shit that you don't worry about loneliness

>no time for depression, how can I build my warhammer list and D&D character?

there is literally no reason to make pasta from 0

>get in Veeky Forums stuff

Where do you think I found that image, user?

no doubt.

[spoiler]tfw no elf slave to do wat with[/spoiler]

cheese omelette sandwich with a few drops of ketchup and hot sauce

Chili. It only takes a few hours and way less dishes than a lot of other foods, plus it goes with nearly everything, meaning if you have any side dishes left in the fridge.

Well being able to decide what you have in your ravioli or tortellini or anyother stuffed pasta is a pretty good reason friendo. And yes that does taste better.

Heres my almost vegan bolognese. Meat is replaced with pulled oats. Although i used two bacon slicen in the beginnin. Tastes good for a vegan dish..

>Stop making food for taste
Why the fuck are you here?

>there's a strong culture here which looks down on people using ingredients perceived as "fancy".
That's very regional, though. If you live in a major city, a wealthy suburb or a rural place where the wealthy vacation you don't see that prejudice. So it's only about half the population that has their cooking crippled by it. But you can easily tell who they are on here - they're the ones using terms like hipster and memefood.

>Chicken soup

I usually cook whole chickens or get rotisserie chickens when in a rush so I accumulate a lot of chicken bones. Throw them in the freezer until I have enough. A pot of soup will feed me for a few days. Even longer if I freeze it. Always have noodles or rice on hand so its perfect for a quick meal.

>pulled oats

Wat?

Cabonara a la heavy cream

It's probably a typo and he meant rolled oats.

finnish vegan meme food. it won some food indegredient of the year price.

this, few things beat this

also hello fellow spaniard

Shrimp pil pil

I think he meant bowled goats.

See? Bowl of Goats.

Beef and tomato pot noodle

I read that in britspeak as paut nudu. Am I right?

potatoes, carrots and a green veg. mixed in togther partly mashed with salt pepper, dab of cream and butter. Very tasty.

Merguez with fusili and a spicy tomato sauce

Paprika chicken thighs and rice. Basically whatever veggies+onions I have on deck, cheapest part of the chicken meats, and basic spices I have shit tons of (thanks costco). My cast iron dutch oven can do about 2-3 cups of brown rice with these and makes a pretty hearty cheap meal.

Goddammit you need nandos, man.

I have an assortment of random hot sauces from gifts, I usually pick one and put a few drops/squirts in depending on potency.

boneless chicken thighs marinated in chipotle adobo sauce, with olive oil and fresh lime.

bake at 400 degrees with green/red bell peppers and onion. Last 15 minutes mix in corn and black beans.

Mix with basmati rice, cilantro, tomato and some salsa verde.

Nah, I can make a much better piri piri sauce from scratch. It's easy as hell too (dump ingredients in blender and puree).