Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist–Shannon_sampling_theorem
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viterbi_algorithm
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>infinitesimal
>woah infinitesimal calculus woah look at me guys

Fuck off

??????

It's easy stuff ffs, if you weren't introduced to it before, either pay attention in class or work it out alone. All in all, it's simple shit

>LINEAR ALGEBRA
Nigger if you can't pass the world's easiest math class consider switching majors to something more babby friendly.

It's only the first semester. If you manage to stick through that, you'll probably be fine.
However, if you realize you can't do it, switch majors after the first semester

Ameritards and their (((education))) need to learn that LA is more than matrix multiplication

Lmao, you're the fucking nigger brainlet.

>Nigger
Why the racism?

it depends on how old you are. If you're under 20 then it's normal to struggle at these things. If you're 20+ then you might be a brainlet

>infinitesimal

Hehe, what an illogical concept. Surprising since mathematics is supposed to be entirely logical.

You aren't a "brainlet", but I recommend you switch to something else because a lot of the "mathematics" you will be taught is utter nonsense.

Don't listen to this faggot OP

Sounds really fun OP, you shouldn't be complaining.

>infinitesimal

Just call it calculus you twat. Unless you are actually taking nonstandard analysis, or calculus taught so shittily that you actually use infinitesimals in naive calculation.

Just call it calculus you fucking autist

Yep. Just read all you can. And ignore the people who talk shit.

calculus could mean anything. It just means stone, doctors use it to refer to build up in your kidney, dentists use it to talk about shit on your teeth. It's ambiguous.

This user thinks that something can be infinitely small. That doesn't make any sense whatsoever.

Smallness = finiteness, a beginning and end that can be measured

Infinity = No beginning, and no end. Cannot be measured.

Put these concepts together and you've fucked up. It can never work.

You can imagine the limit of something smaller and smaller though.

Also I was mostly referring to this
>but I recommend you switch to something else because a lot of the "mathematics" you will be taught is utter nonsense

Either you're an engineer or you're one of those spiritual idiots that shit up this board. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're an engineer and that things that don't have an obvious application are just nonsense to you.

>implying engineer's aren't required to be mathematicians
>implying engineer's don't work on some the most advanced theoretical problems
I bet you're one of those people that think an electrical engineer is someone that wires houses and a mechanical engineer fixes cars.

>>implying engineer's don't work on some the most advanced theoretical problems

Name one famous mathematical theorem solved by a fucking engineer.

They don't have any creativity, all they do is plug shit into a calculator

>Ameritards and their (((education))) need to learn that LA is more than matrix multiplication
ok...but, who actually thinks this?
every LA class I've ever seen starts out talking about vector spaces before doing anything with matrices, then usually ends with Laplace transformations. Might start with separable equations if combined with diff eq course.

>You can imagine the limit of something smaller and smaller though.

If there's a limit, it's not infinite.

>Either you're an engineer or you're one of those spiritual idiots that shit up this board. I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and assume that you're an engineer and that things that don't have an obvious application are just nonsense to you.

I'm a toilet cleaner. Illogical concepts are doomed from the beginning. Lots of mathematicians don't have a good grasp on what infinity actually means, which leads to fundamental mistakes.

First homophobia and now this? What has Veeky Forums come to?

2 cases: there either is or isn't a smallest number
If there is, define that as infinitely small. If there isn't, you can always make a number smaller, so you can get infinitely small.
QED

It's fine, you just have a smaller PHEℕOTYPE

Ok, I'll take the bait. On the off chance that you really are this retarded, I pity you and want to help.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nyquist–Shannon_sampling_theorem

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Viterbi_algorithm

and on and on...

Also, solving a famous mathematical theorem makes someone a de facto mathematician dipshit. Since Euler, being a polymath, was also an engineer, then he would be a prime example of an engineer that produced a shitload of important math theorems...but, since he did that makes him a mathematician in the record of history. See how that works?

>If there's a limit, it's not infinite.
>what is a supremum/infimum
>being on Veeky Forums and being this retarded

>If there is, define that as infinitely small.

Impossible, as I'm sure you're aware.

>If there isn't, you can always make a number smaller, so you can get infinitely small.

This is an attempt by mathematicians to avoid infinity by pretending it's not infinite. Infinity is not a number, it cannot get smaller or bigger, these concepts cannot apply to it.

>supremum/infimum

Those concepts are not infinite.

Numbers are the result of infinite everything (1), and infinite nothing (0), merging together to create the illusion of finiteness.

cool story faggot
take your new age spiritualism to /b/

Nice argument. I'm going to bang your grandma in the 11th dimension first.

>illusion of finiteness
says the faggot claiming infinity doesn't exist

Infinity exists (it has to). Mathematics attempts to turn it finite.

theory of communication

>>implying engineer's aren't required to be mathematicians

they fucking arent, neither are physicists dipshit. if you think that being able to solve basic Diff Eq makes you a mathematician then youre some fucking special kind of retarded

Why the homophobia?

Yes. Pior to switching to engineering I was at psychology. At first, shit was nearly impossible. I would spend an awful amount of time on simple problems while my peers were having an easy time. Eventually I got the grasp of it and got the intuition. Now I don't have to bust so much of my ass.

Is... is this your first time on Veeky Forums?