Give one (1) legit argument for not being vegan

Give one (1) legit argument for not being vegan.

Oh wait, you can't.

Other urls found in this thread:

fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/6-health-benefits-of-milk.html
livestrong.com/article/407839-the-health-benefits-of-eating-red-meat/
cultureservedraw.blogspot.com/2010/09/dog-meat-whats-so-wrong-with-eating.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Because it's being promoted by SJW lying ShariahBlue shills.

I'm a Christian, and God's enemies are going to get BTFO. I'm allowed to eat meat, it's in the bible.

Checkmate, atheist. Hillary for prison.

Meat is healthy and delicious.

vegan food is too expensive and doesn't taste as good as non-vegan food

I'm not a fucking faggot

Contains milk. MMMMMMMMMMM

Honestly? It's because you're self-righteous assholes about it.

Nobody's ever walked up to me and handed me a flyer telling me I'm a piece of shit for not eating meat, and that if I don't eat a steak right now I might as well be Hitler. The closest I've ever had to that is "Hey, want a burger? No? Okay."

You're fucking assholes, and even if I hated meat I'd eat it to spite you at this point.

>You're fucking assholes, and even if I hated meat I'd eat it to spite you at this point.
This desu, fuck all of you.

Because eating and cooking meat is part of my culture and you don't get to dictate whether or not my culture is or isn't ethical you fucking millennial imperialist.

I'm not vegan like the OP, but I've found meat eater to be just as aggressive. If I order a non-meat dish, I get accusatory stares asking me to justify why I'm not eating meat. It's none of their business either way but it's definitely not just vegans who do this.

i get diabetes just looking at it but its magnificent i gotta say

It's gay

>using aggressive as a pejorative
The sure sign of a spineless millenial.

Aren't there a number of problems involved with being a vegan that many simply overlook? Stuff like not getting enough nutrients?

>I get accusatory stares asking me to justify why I'm not eating meat
Unless you dropped the bit where people actually opened their mouths and spoke about it, I'm 99% sure you just read too much into it because you're overly self-conscious.

There is literally nothing you can get from meat that you can't get in abundance from different plants.

i cant afford to replace all the meat on my diet for almonds

you people always claim this is happening to you, but I can never find any evidence of it actually happening.

at worst you're going to get a groan and an eye roll because someone went through the trouble of getting food and you are complaining about it at the last minute
>actually I don't eat meat
>ugh fine....just order half with sausage and leave the other half plain
since now we have ONE PERSON dictating what everyone else is eating for the evening

Omega-3. Creatine. Proper Vitamin A, D and E. Short-chain fats. Some of that stuff is very much NOT found in abundance in plants.

>right panel comveniently leaves out the export on beef because it's a far more profitable domestic product and international export than almonds are

The argument isn't good if it depends on omission to win.

I'm about half-sure that you're a falseflagging vegan, and I'm not that guy, but I've simply never had any kind of experience even remotely like that. It probably varies with the cultural leanings from area to area, but I've never once been alienated or stigmatized for ordering a tofu or veggie option, and I eat plenty of meat.

I think the entire "debate" is fucking stupid, and I don't think either "side" is ever going to give up their preferred position, but I don't think these kinds of reactions are realistic at all, unless maybe you committed a massive faux pas for the culture or the region. I.E. asking for a vegetarian option at an average Texan barbecue.

Every single flyer I've ever been handed about the evils of the meat industry used terrible citations and made up half the "facts" they were trying to spread, when there's loads of perfectly valid criticisms you can level at "meat eaters" about how immoral/unhealthy/buzzwordy their diets are.

Even here, we're sitting here having this stupid excuse for a discussion because some faggot posted some low quality bait image and a regurgitated prompt OP to rile people up and get cheap (you)s. That's what the entire fucking controversy is. A handful of people started doing some shit, and some of them decided it made them superior in some way, and started to fling shit, and now the majority of the western world is going to spend the next several decades talking about what the "best" diet is as though such a thing exists and every single option for feeding our massive population isn't somehow shitting on the global ecosystem.

I think the world would be a much nicer place if we grew a little bit of sage in every field.

Omega-3 sources: Flax seeds. Chia seeds. Hemp seeds. Seaweed. Mustard oil. Beans. Leafy greens. Winter squash. Berries. Cabbage. Wild rice. Mangoes. Honeydew melon.

Creatine is absolutely non-essential for a healthy diet.

If you think we can't get vitamins A, D, and E from plants I'm really at a loss for words. "Proper" means absolutely nothing. Either it is, or isn't.

meat taste good...motherfucker...

>Omega 3's are found in plants, but often they're accompanied by even higher levels of Omega 6, meaning they aren't particularly useful for supplementation. There is one plant-based source with high Omega 3's and low-Omega 6's (flax seeds). The problem is that there are several different types of Omega 3's and the form found in flax seeds (ALA) must be converted by the body into the different forms (DHA and EPA) before it can be utilized. The body is very inefficient at doing this conversion. Studies have shown that only around 2-3% of the ALA you eat will get converted to DHA and EPA. This means you'll have to eat somewhere around 40 grams of flax oil for your body to get 1g of usable Omega 3's. While it is possible to consume enough flax oil to get adequate Omega 3's, it is so much less efficient than eating krill or fish oil it seems silly. Since the Omega 3's in krill and fish are already in the form of DHA and EPA, they are far more efficient sources.

>Vitamin A is not the only nutrient that plants do a poor job at providing. Other fat-soluble vitamins (D and E) are difficult to get in adequate levels from plant foods. Vitamin E is available in oil as avegetarian supplement. Vitamin D, however, is almost always found in dry form as a vegetarian supplement. When consumed in dry form, most of the vitamin will pass through the digestive system unabsorbed. The best vitamin D supplements come from fish oil sources.

>Recently, vegetarian oil-based vitamin D supplements have become available (derived from lichen). They're quite expensive and hard to find, and I'm hesitant to endorse them until I see more research on absorption and chemical analysis. Fish-oil based sources remain your best bet.

What was that about this stuff being found "in abundance" in plants? Don't even get me started about short-chain fats

Almonds contain bacteria.
Cows contain meat.
Checkmate.

>Nice restaurant guys but I don't eat meat because blah, blah blah blah, morality, blah blah, higher plain of consciousness, blah blah blah blah, muh cute wittle bunnies, blah blah blah, so I'm only going to order vegetables. Who's on board?
>everyone stares wide eyed with open mouths at me like I'm some kind of freak, fucking aggressive carnists.

Fag

What do you think vegans eat?

Fruits, vegetables, nuts, and rice have a lower monetary and environmental cost compared to meat.

You're probably thinking of that bullshit vegan junk food that tries to imitate dishes that contain meat and cheese. No one really eats those.

>bbq this past week
>muslim doesn't eat pork
>remove all pork items from the menu
>this means goodbye to all the good sausage, hello chicken sausage in the sausage and pepper
>3 "gluten free" people
>need to set aside portions of beef and chicken because there is soy sauce in my marinades
>every one has to wait until their food is cooked first so they don't pick up any residual gluten on the grill
>meanwhile they are nibbling on crackers and pasta here and there "heh its ok if I cheat a little today" meaning this isn't even for medical reasons and they are just faggots
>vegetarian girl
>making two big trays of baked ziti
>need to make and entire 10 fucking pounds of pasta without meat to accommodate one persons self imposed restriction

people like this are not invited to my house anymore, I'm not dealing with it.
what happened to being a good guest? its a two way street you know?
the host will provide what they have, and you either graciously accept it or don't be a guest there, that's how this is supposed to work.
these fucking millennials have the audacity to enter someones home and be provided a free meal and entertainment, and complain that it is not up to their standards. fuck this gay shit

Absolutely not

No offense but why even throw a BBQ if you're gonna throw this many restrictions on the food/meat? Just give a general "if you're a vegan/gluten free/muslim then you may find offensive food here, literally not my problem"

>No one really eats those.

Lol, you'd be surprised.
I work in a trendy supermarket. Processed meat-replacement vegan foods outsell fresh produce by about 5:1.

>>meanwhile they are nibbling on crackers and pasta here and there "heh its ok if I cheat a little today" meaning this isn't even for medical reasons and they are just faggots
People who have celiac, sure, fine, whatever, but people who jump on bandwagons like that need to be shot.

fitday.com/fitness-articles/nutrition/healthy-eating/6-health-benefits-of-milk.html

Milk helps prevent osteoporosis and contains large amounts of protein and helps the body have stronger teeth and muscles. It is also able to lower blood pressure and increase vitamin A and B levels.

livestrong.com/article/407839-the-health-benefits-of-eating-red-meat/

Eating a small serving of red meat allows better tissue repair, better iron that is much more easily absorbed than plant based foods, give weight lose with the protein provided making you feel full, strengthens your immune system thanks to zinc....

While there are awesome benefits...I'd say it's just to have milk or red meat in moderation. I don't eat red meat all the time but drink milk regularly. My cholesterol is low and I'm an overall very healthy weight.

>Who is wasting California's water?

Four buckets of minnows.

This only pisses me off because I work in a restaurant and "gluten free" has become the new trendy thing for older women to ask for, I think they believes it makes their food somehow contain less calories. One bitch who screamed about getting gluten free was eagerly drinking beer after beer and ate nearly a whole basket of bread before triple checking to make sure her steak was gluten free. I'm positive the bitch literally doesn't know what gluten is.

thats the plan going forward

but have you ever gone to a vegan house for dinner and told them you don't eat soy? heh! tough luck pal, go fuck yourself! is the response you get

FPBP

Aminoacids.

>I'm positive the bitch literally doesn't know what gluten is.
Giaranteed.

Meanwhile the one dude I met who actually had celiac knew 99% of the things that'd set him off and would just avoid them, and would always look embarrassed when he had to bug waitstaff about some dish he didn't know about.

God bless.

literally no one does this

I have a friend who's mostly vegan, but I didn't know it for years. You know why? If he goes to a party that doesn't serve vegan food he either brings his own food or he just eats what's provided and doesn't make a big fuss. Yes that means that once in a blue moon he'll eat a hot dog or something, but thankfully this means I've never seen him make a big deal about his beliefs to the point where it made a host uncomfortable.

I don't really care about most non-mammals, and I don't see anything wrong with using products from animals that doesn't require killing or seriously harming them.

If you haven't already, give your vegan friend a firm handshake and a thank you for not being a cunt.

>people like this are not invited to my house anymore, I'm not dealing with it.
>what happened to being a good guest?
Tell them to bring their own BBQ and food. Problem solved.

>it's being promoted by sjws
No it's not, sjws and most leftists are full on hedonists who want people to extend eating animals to cats and dogs

>once in a blue moon he'll eat a hotdog
That just means he's a cuck with 0 conviction

>sjws and most leftists are full on hedonists who want people to extend eating animals to cats and dogs
When you make shit up to make dumb people look dumber, the only idiot is you.

BP /thread

Why is this thread so based?

I was vegetarian for 10 years but I'm glad I can eat meat again.

Funny, there's still vegetarian food that tastes awesome. Being vegan must be suffering, imagine no eggs, I mean wtf.

I'm confused, why are those comments based? By the logic of the 1st one you're a cuck with 0 conviction

>veganism
>affected by everyone
>carnivorism
>affected by no one

So logically speaking, eating meat makes you less analblasted. I think I'm gonna stick to meat.

I order salads all the time and literally never get looks

No because I didn't eat meat while being vegetarian, unlike the cuck vegan who eats hotdogs.

>i abstain from animal products for ethical reasons
>i eat reconstituted meat because i don't want people to think i'm weird

cultureservedraw.blogspot.com/2010/09/dog-meat-whats-so-wrong-with-eating.html

>one instance of a person I hate doing [thing] means all of them do [thing]
Nice try, champ.

So you abstained from animal products for ethical reasons, the went back to eating meat because of peer pressure?

Dude you are like, the epitome of a cuck with 0 conviction.

I started being vegetarian because I felt bad about animal suffering, after being vegetarian I felt cleaner in myself.

I became Christian while I was vegetarian. I stopped being vegetarian for biblical reasons.

The people who mistreat animals will have to answer for it. The people who eat meat won't.

I kind of wish they would stop selling so much, but it would cut into companies profits and it would fuck things up

I'm not into vegan... but I would like to just slow down trucking for a few weeks to see how people react to stores being sold out....

Then it sounds like you have no conviction. Know what conviction MEANS user? "A firmly held belief or opinion." So it sounds like you firmly held onto that belief until... you didn't. Because people would "think you were weird" which you failed to mention here.

No. Conviction. Cuck.

Ha, funny image. Here's the thing though.

Meat and dairy gross twice as much income for the state per year than Almonds do.

This reminds me of the time WNBA players were furious they weren't getting paid as much as NBA players even though they get like 1/10th as much ad revenue and attention

I believe that animal cruelty is wrong. I still like eating meat, though. Why does it upset you?

It doesn't. I just think it's funny that the pot is calling the kettle black here.

They are nothing alike. One is eating meat to avoid being seen as weird, while claiming to be vegan. The other STOPPING being vegetarian because of biblical reasons.

I didn't care about people thinking I was weird. I once remember someone offering me a mint, and I refused and said I'm vegetarian. He looked at me like I was retarded, so I explained that they contained gelatin. I didn't care.

Sorry, project more I guess.

I just think it's a bit hypocritical to have problems with animal cruelty, then turn around and enjoy meat because you don't want to stand up for the rights of the creatures you're going vegetarian for.

How do I stand up for their rights? I don't think you read my posts properly.

>enjoy meat because you don't want to stand up for the rights of the creatures you're going vegetarian for
I don't think you read your own, either.

Humans are inventing lab grown meat and will be the first organisms on this earth to stop mass consuming animals in order to propagate themselves. At that point, animals will be in our debt to our comparitively infinite mercy.

Until then, I'm eating meat just like they are. Animals eat other animals and their concerns can fuck off since i'm the only species good enough to break that cycle of suffering that applies to literally every other organism except for humans. Oh wait, animals don't have concerns, it's just other fucking humans getting upset on their behalf, because humans are the only species that's able to give a shit enough to do anything.

If you don't care about others thinking you're weird then why did you say that you eat meat otherwise others will find you weird? You also said that other guy was a cuck for eating a hot dog during a party with no other food yet you just did it to not stand out. Sorry but I kinda agree you have no conviction.

I think your stance sounds very confused, like a logic pretzel. Sounds like you went to a lot of trouble to excuse yourself

Not beign a Cal*fornia subhuman is ((((1)))

Reported to the authorities.
Did you really expect leaving the first i out to save you from our sweeps?

>why did you say that you eat meat otherwise others will find you weird?
I was "greentexting" the stance of the vegan who was being discussed in this thread.

I didn't eat meat to fit in.

k

Meat heads are shit heads. Op, I made orange juice "jello" today using nothing but OJ and agar powder - because gelatin is murder. Pic related.

are they worried that once they use the water it's gone and there isn't any more? where does the water go?

Gelatin ain't murder bro, just clever use of literal cadaver trash. I still don't eat it, let the plebs feast on it like in Snowpiercer.

I am. I'm not a dick about it, but it's the right option and it's super easy since I live in a big coastal city. I've also dropped about 20lbs of gut and feel better with no other changes made

I thank you for not being a dick about it and forcing it down other people's throats.

only flyovers experience this and your opinion really doesn't matter

us metropolitans are pretty used to eating diverse meals. it's actually pretty weird to eat meat every single meal. if you're doing this, it HAS to be intentional. no one actually enjoys eating meat 24/7 and feeling like a slow bloated mess all day

What does living in a coastal city have to do with it?

100% this. Gonna go get a double cheeseburger right now and season it with extra spite.

Fuck you self righteous vegelets

It's easier to find vegan restaurants or restaurants with options that don't totally blow, and also people here generally have a background awareness of veganism so it's not swimming upstream every time I meet someone new and have to explain why I'm passing on bbq night.

Bacon plus i hope kim nukes cali

>Sources
>Gizmodo
No

False equivalency. California doesn't have to produce many almonds to produce 80% of the world's supply, but most of the fucking earth eats meat and dairy, so the amount California needs to make, and therefor the amount of water needed to support it are higher. Idiot.

>no one actually enjoys eating meat 24/7 and feeling like a slow bloated mess all day
The "heartland" of America doesn't even realize that meat is why they feel like shit. They never get a break from it, so they have no baseline for comparison.

I don't like the idea of artificially inducing chronic nutrient deficiencies

Because you're an annoying antisocial psychopath, and I'd rather not be that if I can help it.

But are the almonds activated?

Because meat is good in moderation and not illegal to buy and eat

Fight me

Because I want to be nothing like you in any way.

I'm an older vegan and most 20-something vegans are pussies. Who gives a fuck what other people think about you and what you eat. If they ask you why you are vegan, feel free to tell them, otherwise shut the fuck up holy shit.
Most people don't even care. Every conversation I've had with my family/friends over the years have been
>Why aren't you eating the burgers we made?
>Vegan, don't want to.
>Oh, okay cool.

Yeah, I'd like everyone to be vegan, but it's not going to happen, and that's okay. People will be more open about talking about veganism if you aren't a pretentious fuck and try to convert people like it's a cult or a pyramid scheme.

Because so many of the crops that go into vegan food (soy, palm oil etc.) Are equelly damaging to the planet. Serial vegans want every animal to live but don't realise that we have to plant more crops and destroy more wild lands to keep up e it the demand I'd everyone suddenly went vegan.

I've also never heard a vegan explain what would happen to all the livestock of the world if they got their way. People keep animals because they are usefull, as soon as you take the use away from cows and chickens and pigs we will have to dispose of them.

If more vegans were like you people the Internet would be a better place.

>Who is wasting californias water
Californians are for trying to farm in a FUCKING DESERT
Jesus christ.

Nothing lasts forever. We are the sex organs of the machine and the machine will always bleed to death.

Bet you feel extra euphoric after that comment you fucking faggot