Go to liquor store

>go to liquor store
>want to get some craft beer
>there are about a million different ones

how do i know which one to get? they all look the same

Most craft beer bars will give you samples, and pallet cleansers, so you can decide what you like.

Figure it out from there you fucking moron.

>they all look the same
Spotted the racist.

Ask the person that works there what's popular, what they like, etc

Christ

Look them up on beeradvocate or ratebeer before you buy.

That way you'll at least know if it's well-done, then you can try good examples of every style to see what you like.

If you're new to beer, I'd recommend starting with pale ales or lagers.

>Falling for the craft beer meme

it is created to suck money off of millenials who know jack-shit about beer or drinks or food or anything in general.

I bet $1000, most people can't tell the difference between an average mainstream beer and (((craft-beer)))

Buy whatever you drink regularly and get the one that has a cool bottle

>I bet $1000, most people can't tell the difference between an average mainstream beer and (((craft-beer)))
Maybe if you're in fucking Belgium or Germany.

>Belgium or Germany.

alcohol is haram

You can't tell the difference between Budweiser and Left Hand Milk Stout? Hilarious

>Comparing lager with stout

Thanks for proving my point.

Try this next to a Budweiser and tell me it tastes the same.

>comparing mainstream beer to craft beer
Thanks for proving my point.

Just start with which ever one looks the coolest

Bräuweisse is amazing. I lived next door for a while. It was great.

craft beer is hit an miss user, go with a sure thing and pick up some modello especiale

Ok, we are not on the same page, (((craft beer))) does not come from a Munich brewery founded 200 years ago.

I don't think OP means that either. Thing you mention is "beer". Period.

There are hundreds of microbreweries in every city of california, founded by 2 college dropouts in a garage then moved to a lot in an industrial area. They usally have quirky brand names.

Some of them are decent but it's just fun for experimenting. There is a milk stout I like from a local brewery too, but am I going to grab case every week? No. I'll get Corona, Modelo, PBR etc.

So to answer OP's question
>how do i know which one to get?

You don't know, it doesn't matter, they are not the nectar of gods. And they overcharge (naturally) since they can't mass produce.

I always read that as "ayyy nigger"

Ask a guy what is good/popular that ISN'T an IPA. Tell him what mainstream beer you like, go from his recommendations. Use beer advocate.
80% of the craft beer out there is shitty IPAs, so that just leaves you with the other 20%, and half of those are poorly done hefeweizens and tripels. So there you go! Also, be warned most of the craft breweries out there are fly-by-night charlatans that back-sweeten their beers and rely on snob value and "gorilla marketing".
Once you have drank enough of it, you will switch to European heritage brews.

>I bet $1000, most people can't tell the difference between an average mainstream beer and (((craft-beer)))

a fucking child could do this you god damn idiot

It honestly doesn't matter

Weihenstephaner Vitus or their Hefeweizen - but i prefer the Vitus.

Try a few different styles. Find out what style of beer you like, then sample from that style until you find your favorites.

>Go to grocery
>Walk up to growler station
>Ask for samples
>Get whatever tasted good

Most decent supermarkets in my area have a "build your own 6 pack" shelf. Grab a bunch of different stuff at once.

Find a craft beer bar or any place that offers samples. Maybe even look up any local breweries in your area. You'll be surprised how many little, hole-in-the-wall places you'll find. Start there and talk with the bartender for recommendations if you want.

Otherwise pull up any craft bee site (untapped, beeradvocate, ratebeer, etc...) and start looking up suggestions or reviews on beer you see that sounds interesting based on the style of beer you enjoy and flavors you like.

Is there anything specific you're looking for?

>most people can't tell difference

I don't know what pisswater craft beer you're drinking, but even some of the shittiest Canadian microbrews annihilate the domestic swill. You don't have to be an IPA-drinkin', sriracha-slingin', indie pop lovin' normie fuck to appreciate a good brew.

I recommend the 17 Grande Reserve by Unibroue, first and foremost. Unibroue, while bordering macro status, offers a solid line and they often box variety packs. From my understanding, Unibroue products should be readily available in Burgerland, parts of Urope, and beyond.

If "17" is too expensive (or unavailable), La Fin du Monde, Maudite, and Trois Pistoles are also solid strong-flavoured beers.

That, or just grab a variety and figure out what you like. Worst case scenario: you drink gnarly beers and get tanked in the process.

this dude knows whats up

fuck all the troll posts