Alright Veeky Forums, I'm about to share my top burg gripe

Alright Veeky Forums, I'm about to share my top burg gripe.

>be me, burg enthusiast
>hamburger comes
>fresh, juicy grass fed beef, tender slivers of all pork bacon, fat beefsteak tomatoes, all natural onions and sliced dill pickles and
>iceberg lettuce
>bite in and spill out the tremors of water within
>get lettuce juice all over my work shirt and blue khakis
>day ruined

Can't we invent a different variety of lettuce for G-d's (I'm an atheist) sake? Why do we have to consume a crunchy water balloon every time I go out and burg?

>pic unrelated

I hate your thread.

FUCKING ARUGULA YOU STUPID FUCKING ASS

You either did not have your napkin on your lap or you weren't eating over the table...barbarian!

It's called Romaine lettuce.

>all pork bacon

You act like this is an absurd statement.

fuck off kafir scum

What is the point of lettuce anyway? It doesn't really add flavor to the burger.

Synonyms ya goof.

Overcame this problem myself pretty simply by making slaw instead of having raw salad in there

>shredded lettuce, diced onion, grated carrot, and sliced pickles in mayo/greek yogurt mix, bacon pieces if you got em
>salt pepper lemon juice mustard dried herbs

Spread this on the bun before serving. Never get dripped on again

Arugula is god tier lettuce for sandwiches. It has flavor that shines through the condments and meat, and a nice texture, like crunchier baby spinach

color (Im australian and spelling colour wrong haha)

Americans need to start using cabbage instead, more crunch and more flavor. not to mention cabbage comes in varieties.

dont put beetroot like australians though, otherwise you'll go full retard.

It's texture and an umbrella. You put the lettuce under the burger so the juices don't fucking melt the bottom bun; then you get the crunch which adds a layer of mouth feel.

Same reason the L is in a BLT.

>mouth feel

Stopped reading right there.

What's crunchy, savory, seasoned and juicy you regularly shove into your mouth and all feels different. Give me different terminology and I'll use it.

>grassfed
>lean beef

You barely notice arugala in a burger unless you use like a quarter inch of it

Spinach is the superior burger green

Flyover amerifat detected.

Thank you hungry skeleton