Why aren't you preparing for the future collapse of Academia?

I don't think that's something you can prepare for beyond embracing nihilistic narcisstic tendencies, all of whih the internet is already fostering en masse.

Because it's already collapsed

Because I'm a 34 year old autodidact who's little pink state college degree in teaching is mothballed.

As a financially secure individual with diverse portfolios I look forward to the publications coming out of the collapse. I'm sure vanity fair will dust off some of its best writers to jot down their thoughts in an amusing narrative. Perhaps its will become a docudrama with Matt Damon narrating.

In the meantime, I will instruct my children to "go ivy, go tech, go state, or go home"

Because people have been predicting this supposed educational eschaton for decades now and nothing ever comes of it

This, kind of

Boy, oh boy!

You both are behind the times.

But it's totally going to happen in the 21st century when the value of self-learning goes beyond the value of obtaining a degree which will be very soon.

The bubble is going to burst by 2030, screencap this post.

I don't think so.
If you're an aspiring "academic" you're putting on a defense against the democratcization of knowledge that the internet brought (the truly transformative phenomenon we're experiencing) by clinging to the institutionalized version of what is essentially the same thing.
It shows a lack of understanding of true knowledge as well as humanity and our culture.

Academic and philosophical studies will simply be fluctuating defense mechanisms applied to the movements of culture driven primarily by hedonistic nihilistic self-righteous idealism.

because it's a psychological projection unto the whole world your own internal orientation towards whatever Academia has held to you as a subjective symbol!!!!!!!

For 19.99 I get Great Courses Plus, where I basically take masters level courses daily. I find it interesting that Yale stopped offering their open courses when they got super popular, as one could definitely lay claim to an associates in liberal arts or maybe more. I certainly get more out of them as an adult than I did out of college courses at 19.

I knew more Philosophy by age 16 using the Internet than I did at four years of University. I went to a top 50 worldwide University too.

University is a scam.

>If you're an aspiring "academic" you're putting on a defense against the democratcization of knowledge t

LMAO, THAT'S WHY THEY PUT THEIR ARTICLES BEHIND PAYWALLS, RIGHT?!

Face it, Academicuck! Your time is up!

I'm not sure if you understood my post.
I'm saying what you're saying.
the pay-wall is one of the elitist and self-destructive traps that academia wrought.
It's useless in a world where deeply philosphical texts can be broken down into spark notes.

Do you mean credentialism? I'd welcome that, if that's what you mean. I'm well prepared already, by my total lack of credentials.

they are 100/101 level courses my dude

One day the Academicucks will receive their JUST desserts for harbouring information for years.

That day will come! The Academicucks will be massacred on the streets, quite rightly! Quite rightly...

Ive graduated from college, masters levels humanities courses are not some trial by fire.

I dunno, maybe the US educational system will collapse, but I don't see it happening in the Netherlands
I think the health care system will eventually collapse, and the unlucky thing is that I am dependent on it

econ and mathematics are not gonna collapse anytime soon, familia. people in these fields of academe upload their papers to their websites and in math especially, people upload all their (practically finished) drafts to arxiv. fuck elsevier and fuck jstor, they can suck my analytical cock.
i cant believe how in some fields like anthro and literature everybody has the same political views, its like "you have to be this much of a SJW to join the club". fuck the humanities, all full of globalist shills
t. econ phd

There never was an America. Just a bunch of proles riled up by jingoistic bourgies into a fervour of nationalism and retardation so they could exploit and conquer.

Something that never was cannot collapse.

Use sci-hub, loser!!

I thought this was a thread about America when I read the title. I am going to sleep. Ignore me.

Why should I?