Daily reminder to not learn a new language

For the time you try to learn a new language(as long as you're not a monolingual fag) you could learn/understand/do something better.

t. monolingual brainlet

Other languages for example.

I said as long as you're not a monolingual which means you should have learned a new language when you was 10yo.

>when you was
it's ok brainlet

>language(as long...

fucking brainlets REEEEEEEE

>cant read
>has the nerve to call other people brainlets
TOP PSEUD

>has the nerve
>not: has the sheer audacity

People with an IQ below 130 disgust me.

>when you was
lole

>tries to convince people not to learn additional languages
>can't even speak his own properly
neck yourself

>you could learn/understand/do something better.
Like another language?

The immediate existence of Spirit, consciousness, contains the two moments of knowing and the objectivity negative to knowing

He has a point but learning new languages is not useless. Applying his logic, bird related information might be more plentiful in other languages. And sometimes translations are not always available.

But there is much more to learning a different language than just being able to translate nouns

go ddamn it. is there any somewhat recent americuck natural scientist that does not immediately embarrass himself when not speaking about muh atoms or muh genes? i suppose there must be but they intentionally keep silent

But knowing all the names of a bird will tell you what other birds it's related to, where it's from and potentially give you a physical description. Like, how does "woodpecker" not tell you anything about the bird? Even with a penguin, the meaning of the name is the definition. "A penguin is a bird that has X and Y characteristics".

If English is your primary language you're better off doubling down on the quality of your English in the 1,000 hours it'll take you to learn how to order at a restaurant 3 times in your life when you go to some foreign country

The mathematics of physics is also a language, but I guess it doesn't count here.

t. Monolingual, failed at learning something like Swedish, brainlet, and probably a massive faggot

reminds me that I need to learn french

the very obvious difference is that math was created after regular language in order to communicate something very different
regular languages were all created to communicate the same things and the only true reason for this is because groups of people were very isolated from one another during the time all of this was happening

>Feynman
Did he did anything apart of spilling bullshit?

Created a device to murder hundreds of thousands of innocent people.

I have wondered about this. Say you know 40,000 words in English. Then you go on to learn 40,000 words in French. Why not learn another 40,000 words in English?

Because you won't understand french by learning english

You will almost never use the extra 40,000 words in English. If you ever meet anyone French you would use the French words.

The new English words won't open up any new literature to you, but the French will.

Yeah but if you learn more English instead of learning French, you could be really good at English, the language that you already have a head start in.

Most people know about 20,000 words in English.
You wouldn't even be able to use your new vocabulary. You wouldn't see most in anything you read either.

This, I don't get how the fuck this man became such an icon when his two biggest accomplishments were helping create one of the single worst creations mankind has laid upon the world and spewing shit about subjects he clearly didn't understand.

Are americans so retarded that playing bongos and being "hip" excuses you from being a huge tool responsible for the fucking atom bomb?

Ok, you could learn old English. That would be pretty cool and native English speakers already have a head start.

It would probably help your writing. I've heard Ulysses has 30,000 unique words, and it's considered one of the greatest works of a century.

"I don't want to be an author who writes either in language A or language B," she declares. "I want to find that poetical ravine that divides the two and tumble into it."

A word has a limited amount of connotations attached to it in a language. Knowing more languages means you are closer to what a single concept really means. Everything is viewed relatively in your primate brain, so why limit yourself to being a pleb?

Yeah that would be cool, but I'd say English is as close to French as it is to old English

I'm already a native Spanish speaker and i'm perfectionating my english in order to read english authors such as Shakespeare or TS Eliot without having to open a dictionary every five seconds. Still trying though

Everybody but monolingual brain lets think learning a language is a water of time. It helps you think and the way you analyze something. If you don't speak at least 2 languages you have failed in your life.

Of course learning a new language is no more a waster of time than anything else a human does

Life is much easier when you think of it as one big waiting room before you step into Death's office

There are also verbs.

feynman's not talking about learning languages

ach táim dátheangach...

>Kos zwyczajny is just "common blackbird" in english
fucking anglo-brainlets i swear

He's not talking about learning languages you dolt. FYI if you knew anything about him or read his biographies (which are in the Veeky Forums wiki as recommended biographies) you'd know he learned Portuguese to a high level and got a lot of joy out of it.