His wife said that he voted reagan twice and supported perot, still, in the Pale King there's he's crtical of raegan...

his wife said that he voted reagan twice and supported perot, still, in the Pale King there's he's crtical of raegan, the girl with corious hair is basically the same concept of american psychoi (80's yuppies raeganites are sadistic frat boys), also he disliked rush limbaugh (even if maybe that wasn't because of his political position).
so? enlight me, li.

criticises capitalism
wears nike autism sneakurz
must be DFW

bumperino

I think that's a pretty over-simplified analysis of Girl with the curious hair. To me it seemed like he was making a point of not passing judgement on the main character at all, which seems like a more DFW thing to do.

pragmatism, you can both support and criticize a political candidate

lively life absolutely dichotomized is insanity

Seriously what was his deal?

ok fine, but reagan and carter really represented the two worlds of the american politics (not like all the identity politics of today)- at least regan represented during his campaign

>his wife said that he voted reagan twice and supported perot,

source pls?

Honestly, I think he was genuinely a conservative. The fact that he perhaps didn't fit into what is today perceived to be the conservative mould or that he hated Bush is really irrelevant. Bush isn't a real conservative by any historical measure and it's not like every conservative is a yuppie frat boy or some dumb hillbilly.

Liking Reagan was not such an outrageous thing back in the '80s. He carried every state except that of his opponent, for example, when he was re-elected in '84. Many moderates were fine with him, and 'Reagan Democrat' was a thing even.
None of the things you mention are all that contradictory. Clinton was under a cloud of moral suspicion even during the '92 campaign, and many found him problematic on those grounds. Wallace demonstrates concern for morality throughout this writing, such as the anti-drug undercurrent in IJ (and what OP mentions from Curious Hair). Perot was something 'different' in presidential politics and enjoyed some of the same energy as Sanders and Trump last year, and many were attracted to that. Limbaugh is a far-right conservative in addition to things in his personal life one might object to (for example his prescription drug abuse, which I think preceded Wallace's death). (I will also mention that Limbaugh dated a liberal journalist for a time, along with Carville and Matalin for that matter, by way of reinforcing that one's convictions in one aspect of life don't dictate other areas where they're not as relevant.)
tldr: Wallace was left of center but with a firm moral grounding (his own history with women notwithstanding), and ultimately people are complex and not reducible to simple labels or formulas

those arent autism shoes

>he voted reagan twice and supported perot, still, in the Pale King there's he's crtical of raegan

He realized too late like most people that Reagan's policies were the genesis of most of the problems America has faced for the last few decades

Proto-Alt-Righter

US elections are usually just trying to choose the lesser of two evils. I knew Trump was a buffoon, a degenerate, a bully etc. but still I voted for him just because I couldn't stomach the thought of voting for a woman.

She's just as corrupt as any male though.

google it faggot

I'm actually in the market for some sneakers and I like DFWs. Why are they considered autism?

Pic related what I'm probably gonna ask for my birthday.

you seem a borimng person

ID these please

wrong shoe.

NIKE
AIR
MONARCH

Too bad he shat on Vineland then, because Papa Pynch knew Reagan's game all along. Seems like DFW was too caught up in the paternalistic Al user model to formulate a real critique of the way power structures contribute to the malaise and disaffection of the kinds of people he wrote about.

He wore NB too, see above image.

Why do you say that?

his wife was not Mary Karr, why would you believe he actually spoke to the woman about anything?

these are boring shoes and wanting them a gift it's ecen more boring

i have the feeling the guy just couldn't shut his mouth for a second. with everybody. he even teached in a local university just to endlessly talk about his shit

bump

How can shoes be boring? I'd rather ask for something that I need than for something frivolous for my birthday.

Why are these like £150......

>it's not like every conservative is a yuppie frat boy or some dumb hillbilly.

source pls?