I've never before seen this level of literary narcissism

I've never before seen this level of literary narcissism.

>Woe is me! If only I could get around to unleashing my literary mastery! :'(

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/lit/thread/S8935784#p8958559
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>I've never before seen this level of literary narcissism.

Really? This seems like it could be common around here.

>I've never before seen this level of literary narcissism.

Don't even feign, senpai. I remember when my creative writing teacher, on the very first day of class, dispelled any delusion that we enjoyed creative writing for anything other than selfish reasons. It was refreshing.

Lol, when I was younger I was always told how great of a writer I was and I won several writing competitions. I'm a failure at everything today, but I've never looked back and thought "What if?" regarding writing.

>tfw we do everything for selfish reasons

>english degree
>best english poem from figment
What the fuck is going ON

The person who sent the email was just trolling them.

Or maybe the reddit post is a troll as well and we've all been japed.

Selfishness is different from narcissism. Selfishness is the hockey player wanting to be the best player and having glory, while understanding that if he doesn't pass the puck, he won't be invited to the next game.

Narcissism is the pathology of selfishness.

Shit that never happened

>I'm 20 now
>don't give up on your dreams like I did

jesus fuck what a fucking drama queen

this is the power... of reddit

redpilled

we even help others or make others feel good for selfish reasons

Yes, but not all acts of charity are selfish on the same tier. Some people are charitable for the simple dopamine rush and the right to brag about it to their friends. Other people genuinely want to make the world a better place in hopes of a "what goes around comes around" type of way to benefit themselves long term.

Came to post this. This is one precious little faggot. Instead of posting on plebbit he could've just written 100 words.

holy...

i want more...

if you're helping others it's okay that it makes you feel better, and that you're doing it mostly because it makes you feel better. you're still helping someone.

i'm more offended by how delusional this is than however narcissistic it may be

he got ONE email about these poems, over the course of years, and it was from some plen college freshman who figured he'd contact the guy and get a few extra points because firsthand interviews are essay gold. pretty sure if he had been an actual poetry virtuoso, he would have gotten more than this iota of attention, and it would have come from a much more legitimate source

you're not even going to try to guess my tripcode?

>being this delusional about human facticity.

I could have been as good as Proust if I wasn't a shiftless, out of control onanist.

you clearly don't come here a lot
warosu.org/lit/thread/S8935784#p8958559

When I was younger I thought I was an absolute genius writer but nobody could understand my skill or what I was trying to do, I applied to many writing competitions and clubs at my school but I never made it in.

I still think that way today.

>am I letting people down?

this faggot should be encouraged into suicide

>pretty sure if he had been an actual poetry virtuoso, he would have gotten more than this iota of attention
Don't be so sure, people on those sites don't know good poetry, and people who know good poetry don't go to those sites.

>ITT redditors talking shit on other redditors here because they're afraid of getting banned or BTFO on reddit
hey reddit

That's an embarrassing "smarter than thou" thing to do. Teacher is probably a moron.

>pretty sure if he had been an actual poetry virtuoso, he would have gotten more than this iota of attention
Well, you're a silly guy.
Also, the worst part about that post is that the person is fucking 20 and saying their life is over and their "dream" is dead.

*spins around in chair*

So you found me on reddit

You think he wasn't bullshitting?

No, user, thinking that is fine. It's understandable, it's even right.

No, what's special is posting about it on social media.

But this is bait anyway. They do have bait, you know.

My life is ogre, my dream is shrek

underrated post

You guys got baited, but I am far too experienced in the ways of the internets to fall for it.

idk. i read it as someone mourning what could've been which i think is pretty universal in one way or another

maybe you're just projecting your own shittiness op

such a humblebrag, Jesus

I envy anyone who can make anyone else actually feel anything

;)

Is this tripcunt who said they would pm me, the autistic literary genius whom* is writing the beastiality Lolita, Yes or no?

congrats, you're cancer

Thank you.

no and also what

I am the greatest writer of all time. Learn from me, and bow before my greatness. With prose of steel and bars of fire, behold my mighty sentences of infinite knowledge. I am the definition of legendary. Look at these letters, arranged perfectly into the greatest paragraph of all time. You cannot begin to comprehend my skill.

ITT: people criticize "narcissism" as a narcissistic excuse to feel better than people who are even considering doing something meaningful with their lives

you really think an actual poetry genius, who participated in a lot of writing contests as a youth and cultivated a following online, could have fallen through the cracks? i don't buy it

Fuck off egoist

This. You can't even say that when you're 30.

When you're 40 you can start thinking like that

You're neatly stupid. Thanks for your reply.

if i actually put effort into writing a novel it would be the best one ever written im just lazy :^)

I got told my writing is good but I don't believe it.
Everything I write is trash.

I agree

I don't

this made me laugh hard, so you're better at eliciting positive emotions than most writers hehe

this is obviously compliment baiting

the real redpill of humility is to feign self-importance, that way people will always bring you down

>implying I want the compliment of my shitty literature teacher

"i'm so enlightened that it's not even worth my time to tell you why i disagree with you :) of course, it is worth my time to reply to you, just not specifically to tell you why i disagree with you :) because i am enlightened :)"

edgy

my dude. I also hate myself.

No he's right you're pretty stupid.

I agree, even that comment was absolute shit