If you knew that you were going to be marooned on an island and can only choose one Veeky Forums what would it be?

if you knew that you were going to be marooned on an island and can only choose one Veeky Forums what would it be?

Not this one for sure.

kalevala

Quality post

Quality reply

Infinite Jest

The Holy Bible

King James Version 1611

Treasure Island

Kindle and a hand crank dynamo.

Boy scout handbook

The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra

I wouldn't have time to read, I'd be busy building shelter, collecting food and water, and building a raft to get off the island. If I had to get a book I would take a navigational handbook with star charts, sea maps, etc.

Either of these are right.

i would bring a dictionary

any given books has some of the words

but with a dictionary, i would have them all at my disposal

Ok dwight

A book on how to survive on a dessert island

just eat the dessert

Probably the Odyssey for entertainment due to its varied episodes, and its theme of endurance in the face of adversity. But maybe I wouldn't pick it at all because it would remind me too much of my predicament, so I'm not totally sure about it.

I would recite Finnegans Wake aloud over and over until I had the whole thing memorized, and then I would walk around and say it to myself until all the puzzle pieces clicked and I achieved satori.

Don Quijote.

Minecraft recipe guide

I already live in Australia.

journey to the west
something really long I can read over and over again and have fun doing it

The Fault in Our Stars, but preferably 23 of them.

If I knew for sure I'd do something to get stuck on a desert island, I'd probably not do the thing that would make me get stuck on a desert island in a first place. No book needed.