Can someone that is of average intelligence be a doctor? I'm pre med and I'm worried :/

Can someone that is of average intelligence be a doctor? I'm pre med and I'm worried :/

i'm in med school atm and you wouldn't believe how retarded some of my classmates are

you can get in by working hard and/or having connections.

You need 105+ IQ.
But lot of people I met have around 120, me 135+.

This. Most pre-meds are major fucking brainlets, so, if you have average intelligence and a strong work ethic, I think you would succeed.

this

Will being a black girl help?

yes. affirmative action is pretty strong for admissions atm, you can have subpar GPA and MCAT and still make it in.

Anyone can be a doctor. There are many retarded doctors.
To become a (real) mathematician/physicist, that's a whole different story, for that you need a very high IQ (probably 150+).

Okay, but I want to be a dermatologist. Can an average person match into that?

>Anyone can be a doctor
Untrue simply because of the few number of seats available. There are far more qualified applicants than there are seats available. Assuming you make it in, yes you pretty much have a >95% chance of becoming a doctor (assuming its a US MD school).

No. The cream of the crop of med school students match into derm. They are usually well published and have high board scores. The USMLE covers a shit ton of material and is exceedingly difficult to score well enough on it to be competitive for derm.

Okay. What are some other lifestyle specialties?

focus on getting into med school first lol. don't go into medicine if you don't think the life of a family practitioner would appeal to you, since the majority of people match into that.

all specialties take hard work and dedication. that said there are a few that don't take call and are shift based (emergency medicine, anesthesiology, hospitalist). radiology is pretty comfy but can be stressful as fuck as you're getting consults constantly and doing tons of reads.

you've probably heard of the derm meme that it is the best combo of $$$ and lifestyle but if you're not truly interested in skin pathology its boring as fuck.

I don't like family medicine or pediatrics. I looked into anesthesiology but it seems like nurses are taking over.

Much better dealing with anesthetized patients than conscious ones.

Google average GPA of Nignog (Howard) med school. It's like 3.2.

Most degrees and jobs can now be obtained with average intelligence, work ethic, Google, and extroversion. It is very likely that there are a large amount of med school students who would not be where they are today without Google.

>since the majority of people match into that.
14% is a majority? Doctors really don't learn statistics, do they.

Being average intelligence is the only way you can become a doctor. If you're too smart you won't be able to trick yourself into working hard long enough to get an MD.

> intelligent
> wants to be a doctor
You think the money is worth it? Ok but with this job good luck finding the time to enjoy it. You think helping others is worth it? As if spending 80% of your time doing paperwork to avoid getting sued is considered helping people. But to each their own I suppose. I for one never understood the appeal of working in the medical field.

Hope u study enough not to kill people

yeah, congrats

radiology is objectively the best specialty and you are retarded if you think otherwise, where else can you make literally hundreds of thousands of dollars shitposting on Veeky Forums in a dark room

I have an incredibly intelligent lady as my dermatologist, this matches up. We had a fun discussion about how the other practices in this area make a truckload of money off of skin biopsies when 95% of them wind up being benign just because of people with health anxiety demanding they get weird looking freckles removed

this

source: radiologist

plurality then.