Foods you hate

These bad boys almost make me puke all the times. I've tried to develop a taste for them but I just hate them so much.

I don't think they can possibly taste the same to me and to people who actually enjoy them.

Is it something like cilantro tasting soapy to some people?
Also can you confirm this cilantro thing? I love it but a few people I often have at dinner really don't.

For whatever reason I really hate raw tomatoes and cucumber.

Cucumber has a really strong taste to me and I can't get over it.

Raw tomato just fucks whatever it's on - like it turns a perfectly crisp and nice sandwich soggy and overpowers the other flavors for me.

Blue cheese. Can't quite get a taste for it.

Anything at a store that's not fresh excluding things like rice, bread, frozen veggies.

Canned shit, pickled shit... basically anything that comes in a jar. No thanks. If I want pickles, hot sauce, condiments... I'll just go ahead and make them myself at home.

I legit hate beets. Fuck beets.

Sun dried tomatoes are god tier.

>Be young me
>lactose intolerant
>really have a hard time eating cheese or drinking straight milk
>my parents don't care and force me to eat it every time instead of letting my tastes develop over time
>sometimes my dad would stand me in the kitchen and force me to drink a glass of milk
>I always gag and refuse to down it
>ever since then, when I would eat cheesy foods, I'd vomit everything I'd eaten overnight
>It got so bad that one day I eat nachos and immediately after finishing them, I hurled them up
>my mom is concerned
>my dad doesn't know what's going on
>I tell them it's the cheese.
>they proceed to give me foods without cheese from then on
>no sickness

And that's how I grew to absolutely despise cheese. I'd get force fed it until I'd throw up and would do it so consistently, my brain told me cheese was fucking toxic.

Seemed to not affect me when I ate cereal or ice cream though...

So... just dont eat them? They are just capers. Why force yourself. There are like two dishes that you will be missing out on.
For me, its eggs. The worst food.

If you live in a hot enough area (say at least 85°F and good sun), they're pretty fucking easy to make. Something as simple as setting on a tilted reed matting, sliced in half, then storing with lots of salt is good.
If it's hot/dry enough you can make it in 1 day.

>and then put them in jars

I was a picky eater as a child, so much that trying food I used not to like is now an habit. And usually a good one.
But capers are off the list now. Maybe in a few years I'll try them back.

>cant understand the differencr between processed and non-processed foods.

Flyover detected.

>Cucumber has a really strong taste
what the fuck

Have you tried it with beer or wine, or as part of a dish? That might mellow out the sharp edges.

ah yes let me have a nice mouthful of tear gas

>Flyover detected
Faggot shitposter detected

The ketchup meme. I cannot fathom why putting sickly sweet tomato sauce on fries or other food is the default in so much of the country.

>being such a flyover that you can't understand the combination of sweet and savory

Welcome, my friend, to the wonders of home made ketchup.
Such a glorious sauce doesn't need to be made from shit quality ingredients and tons of sugar as 90% of store bought is.
You basically just need to know it must cook until it loses the vinegar-y smell.

Watermelon...gross...i see why niggers eat it there not quite up.to evolutionary standard....but white people c'mon can we just put this shit out of it's misery....and get rid of watermelons too while were at it

I don't mind sun dried, it's just raw "juicy" tomatoes I'm not keen on.

Yeah I don't know if it's a taste bud defect or what but I can detect cucumbers a mile away.

cucumbers do have a strong aroma. some people are just flavour retards

Give roquefort a try. I absolutely hate gorgonzola, stilton, and every other blue cheese I've ever come across, but I love roquefort. Unlike the others, it doesn't taste like feet, but still has that characteristic pungent sharpness of blue cheese.

post a recpie

i am curios

You have probably never tasted a really GOOD watermelon. What one can get in stores nowadays is nearly all watery, flavourless, early-picked shit.

>curios

/dadg/ all over today

>homemade
why bother when Polish ketchup exists

Honestly? Olives. I love olive oil, but I can't stand eating them plain.

Good watermelon is really fucking hard to find. If you can get a good one though (look up guides online on how to tell if one's ripe, and only buy them from farmers markets), they're heaven and maybe the best tasting fruit.

really? on Veeky Forums?

This holy shit. I will eat or try almost anything but raw tomatoes are fucking disgusting. Cucumbers and celery also have an overpowering taste and ruin any dish for me

yes

I used to hate raw tomatoes until I had a really good Caprese.

is hating tomatoes a strickly american thing?

move bitch, champion coming through

1. It's "strictly"
2. Tomatoes are indigenous to the Americas
3. People in the USA love tomatoes. Just search per capita consumption
4. Try not to ask stupid questions

onions are the devils vegetable

faggotinis with shit taste

it's just that I don't know anyone who dislikes tomatoes IRL, and yet it seems they're hated by many on Veeky Forums

Unfortunately I don't really follow a recipe for this, so I don't have amounts.
The technique is pretty straightforward, you just have to boil everything slowly in the same pot.
The variations are endless:

What kind of tomato? I usually go with puree or peeled. After cooking, the choice matters also in term of needing to strain the sauce or not. If you like it smooth, strain it anyway.

You need a lot of vinegar. I usually go white and wine, as I like wine vinegar but it's too strong.

White sugar is fine, a mixture with brown or honey gives complexity but it's up to you.
Sugar is also needed for texture and helps preserve it longer (a major disadvantage when compared to store bought)

Spice the fuck out of it: garlic powder, onion powder and a clove are the base. Yes I'd go for powder against fresh garlic, but maybe I'm the real pleb.
Other than that, really whatever you like is gonna be fine (probably).
Oh yeah, salt. Don't forget salt.

Cook until thick or at least an hour or so.
It's probably best to use a slow cooker... it will take hours but you don't have to be around as much.

Fish, fennel, artichokes and olives. It's the worst of the worst.

European here, mediterranean.
We have high quality tomatoes and I cannot stand raw tomatoes if not high quality and thinly sliced.
I know people who dislike raw tomatoes and people who dislike cooked ones, but nobody who dislikes both.

Cilantro to me tastes like battery acid, but if there's just a little bit in a dish it's tolerable. I dont know how beaners can load that shit up in everything they eat

The food that i cannot, and will not eat is corn. Regular canned, creamed, or on the cob, that shit makes me want to projectile vomit just by smelling it being cooked. Ever since I was little Ive never been able to eat it. I would gleefully eat dog shit before corn... Hominy on the other hand is fucking delicious.

Hmmm, I might try this. My local ALDI has started carrying pureed tomatoes.

FUCK CILANTRO

>Cilantro to me tastes like battery acid, but if there's just a little bit in a dish it's tolerable. I dont know how beaners can load that shit up in everything they eat
It's a genetic thing. Some people just can't into cilantro. I love it.

this
>oh user, but they taste so earthy!
no
they taste like dirt

how tf are you doing your beets.

They just need some salt and a ride in the microwave. They're a bit starchy and sweet and make your poop look terrifying, but I'd never call them "earthy".

I dont like carrots or sweet potatoes in savory food

Kids tastes are literally chicken nuggets and Mac and cheese, "build over time" my ass

Yeah, cilantro literally tastes like bar soap to me. What is it supposed to taste like?

like salty mint

Back to your trailer you white trash

I don't like yellow and red bell peppers, there's something about them that gives me a queasy feeling

All other peppers I'm fine with though including green bell peppers

Veeky Forums is full of fat manbabies who subsist on fast food and microwavable meals.

>not chilling a watermelon in the fridge for a few hours, then enjoying it outside in the hot summer sun with your family
Are you just pissed that a watermelon wont fit in the mini fridge you have in the bedroom you never leave? Angry that mom wants you to come down stairs and have some watermelon with visiting family who will inevitably ask if you've gotten a job or a gf?

>We know it was not a watermelon with which Eve tempted Adam, for he repented.

I've never heard of or met anyone white or black who doesn't like watermelon. I suspect you're just a /pol/tard who erroneously associates it with blacks and on that basis rejects it. Fool.

The worst thing on the planet.

everytime i've tried to eat these i have to cover up like 95% of the flavor with other food

green olives are only tolerable

small capers are nice but the big ones with all the nasty crunchy seeds are really disgusting

You realize not liking raw tomatoes doesn't mean everything with tomato in it right?

>eggs. The worst food
WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY

Many types of mushrooms are just awfully disgusting to me, it's primarily a textural thing, but some taste terrible too. I have had some that I enjoy, generally smaller firmer ones that aren't as earthy tasting. The ones you'll typically find on pizza I cannot stand at all though, makes me instantly want to vomit.

Also ranch dressing, I'd sooner kill myself than even smell it. When I worked in restaurants I'd occasionally get some on my hands and boy did it just genuinely disgust me. Made me resent anyone that enjoys it, and to think some people drown perfectly good salads and pizza in that shit. Makes me shudder

>he can't appreciate the god combo of lemon ginger

(you)

>he can't tell horseradish from ginger

YOU DOUBLE NIGGER

This fascinates me. It's such a mild flavour.

confirmed for not white.

This is where I stand.

Except cucumbers, those are fine by me.

I bet you never heard of Caprese until JoJo.

>Used to eat eggs a lot between ages 2-5
>Kept getting disgusted with how they looked in cartoons
>Found them disgusting forever with very minor exceptions

>Hating free heart medicine.
>Hating free diabeetus repellant.

Kale, quinoa, pumpkin spice, sun-dried tomatoes, avacados and guacamole, soy milk, almond milk, apple cider vinegar, sriracha, jalapenos and shirataki noodles to name a few.

canteloupe and melon
they're horrendously unappealing
watermelon sucks too
best fruit is raspberries

Capers are delicious in salads, especially with anchovies.

Literally tried to post this exact image. They have a weird metallic taste to me that overpowers anything they're cooked on.

Also, this. I tolerate, but don't prefer, most seafood. But shrimp is an absolute could not, would not, on a boat for me. The texture is not appetizing, the flavor is terrible, and they look like some kind of disgusting sea bug.

capers are god tier on everything you child.

Like somewhat between parsley and oregano, but with a citrus overtone. People without the genetic trait don't taste any soapy flavor at all

>horseradish
>arugula salad
>blue cheese
>coriander
>raw peppers
>olives
>chickpeas
just to name the ones top of my head

>cucumber has a really strong taste

>thought I hated hamburgers because of the shit they served at school and mcdonalds
>wasn't until I was 19 I caved in and tried a real burger
>best thing I've eaten in years
>mfw I have 19 years worth of burgers to catch up to
who /seenthelight/ here?

I eat about 4 or 5 good burgers a week
welcome to the club

If they taste like dirt they're raw, you need to boil them

Cucks

I food I love that everyone seems to hate is okra.

Have a small piece with some honey on a cracker. Blue cheeses are really strong so you dont need much. They stink pretty bad though, I'll give you that.

That sucks. They're pretty standard on burgers.

Okra is awesome. Fried okra is hard to get right but oh so good. I made some Indian food a bit ago and added okra, and it was great.

Ah man thats crazy, i just started eating okra, because the Indian place right by my house uses it in alot of dishes, and I'm completely addicted to it

Raw tomatoes. I hate the texture and the taste. Turn it into any sauce and it's delicious though.
Nuts. Almost all of them taste disgusting to me. People grind them and put them in stuff and then claim "oh you can't even taste it". Yes, I can, and it makes it worse. If you "can't even taste it" then how about you don't fucking put it in, you can't taste it right!? Water chestnuts are delicious though.

Can I join the anti-onion brigade if I only hate excessive amounts of raw onion (diced especially), but like, with a really, really strong passion

Of course, excessive amounts doesn't apply to putting it on burgers or most other sandwiches. Any amount is too much then.

...Is it weird that I don't have any real pet peeves with food and will appreciate virtually any food or beverage that's crafted well enough?

I like every single thing that has been mentioned. The only two I'm kind of indifferent on are sundried tomatoes and capers, but I can take or leave them really. I'm glad I'm not a picky eater; it sounds like a lot of effort.

What you had were most likely green olives dyed with super strong iron-based black food dye ... as are most preserved "black" olives. Go eat some genuine, fresh black olives, they are god-tier.

Tastes like sharpie marker desu.

Swiss cheese fucking sucks.

Can't stand lamb. Every time I try it, I think "Maybe I was just tasting it wrong last time" or "Maybe it was the way it was cooked."

Nope. Can somebody explain to me the appeal of a literally milky-tasting beef? I'm genuinely curious.

I think it tastes like delicious tender flesh. Perhaps you dislike young meats. Do you dislike veal as well, and have you tried mutton instead?

Have not tried veal or mutton, but thanks for the perspective.