What animal, in your opinion, is most symbolically indicative of eternity, or rather...

what animal, in your opinion, is most symbolically indicative of eternity, or rather, which animal best conveys a sense of looming, ominous inescapibility?

Other urls found in this thread:

poesi.as/jlb0411.htm
thefloatinglibrary.com/2008/09/03/the-other-tiger/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

snek desu

The turtle isnt only Stephen King's ideal of the horrific other, but also is reflected in Mayan creation mythology (the Popol Vuh) and varied asian, north american and polynesian myths.

Ouroboros and dragons are also good answers.

From the turtle bursts forth the maize god

tardigrades.

fpbp

the morphology of the snake lends itself well to an eternity symbol- it's reptilian, which we perceive as emotionless and heartless, it's long, silent, and anacondas will fuck you up. Just like the creeping inevitability of time and death

firssst possst bessst possst

Turritopsis dohrnii

Whatever the fuck this thing is

>give me A, or rather, give me B
Wot?

The Tiger

poesi.as/jlb0411.htm

thefloatinglibrary.com/2008/09/03/the-other-tiger/

monkey

The owl.

Ocelot, Narwhal. Das it mane.

O__o

...wew

+
so a dragon

there is a reason it is a cliche

rabbits.

Endless cycle of eating and fucking. Kill as many as you want, go right ahead, they keep coming.

fuk off snek i make boom boom of you with hamer

>looming, ominous inescapibility?

A black wolf in the forest

WATCHIN U

cicadas?

Turtles.

Live for ages and they're really slow.

jellyfish

one of the oldest multi-cellular organisms on this planet which have existed in a relatively unchanged form for millions of years.

>implying

Ephemeroptera

because moment =eternity
by zen Buddhism

Kafka said 「momentーーーChrist」too(´・ω・`)

fuck sneks

Is that a phoenix?

cicada

Elephant. It's not even close.
Second goes to crocodile.

"Thou great star! What would be thy happiness if thou hadst not those for whom thou shinest!

For ten years hast thou climbed hither unto my cave: thou wouldst have wearied of thy light and of the journey, had it not been for me, mine eagle, and my serpent.

But we awaited thee every morning, took from thee thine overflow, and blessed thee for it."

what

The dung beetle. It spends its entire life walking backwards and upside down pushing literal shit.

one must imagine the dung beetle happy

Came here to post this.

obligatory

Underrated

>le symbolism meme