You guys like perogies? My favorite lazy meal, nothing better than cooking them in olive oil

You guys like perogies? My favorite lazy meal, nothing better than cooking them in olive oil.

what about cooking them in bacon grease with onions?

I don't eat meat but that sounds nice

Love them but they're hard to find in Utah.
Mrs. T's frozen is the only kind I've ever tried, so I'm guessing I'm missing out on quite a bit

My friend's family z Polski. They hoard homemade pierogi in their basement freezer.

PIEROGI IS ALREADY PLURAL YOU STUPID GODDAMN RETARDS STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT

Amerifat get out. Pierogi are best when boiled fresh

> Not eating animal corpses

What a fag

I boil mine and top them with pic related

isn't olive oil the one that shouldn't be heated because of reasons?

Blueberry pirogi are my favorite, closely followed by cheese (white farmer cheese) and potato.

Still the best oil for sauteeing and pan frying. Neets just can't keep their slimy fingers off of mcchickens long enough to learn that olive oil has a lower smoke point than other oils.

My wife has a polish family. They've got the best damned pierogi dough recipe, we also hoard them in our basement freezer, sell them during holidays for some extra scratch.
Mrs. Ts is absolute garbage compared to fresh made and boiled.
Wanna try that, now.

Sorry to hear that, ma dood

>I don't eat meat but that sounds nice

Sorry, Perogiiaeus. Like Stradivariiaeus.

Real pierogi SUCK. They're gluey and slimy every single time I try them. I've tried them in homes of Polish people, Ukrainian people, Russian people, church basements, restaurants. I always have to pretend they're delicious or risk breaking some poor deluded immigrant's heart. I don't even mind other dumplings or homemade pasta. Jiaozi, ravioli, boraki, all delicious every time. Mrs.T's pierogi are superior in every way to homemade. There, I said it. Anone who says different is just clinging to
>muh heritage

jesus christ, dude. If you're homeless, you're going to get homeless quality food. boiled perogi aren't that great, but fry them in seasoning salt and dip them in sour cream and chives like a french fry and they're great.

It's just.. the way these people go on about them, man..
I'm good now. I'm good.

>boiled perogi aren't that great, but fry them
How about frozen ones?
Do you boil them, then fry them?

I nuke them for a minute, then fry them in olive oil.

Looks good

>he doesn't put ham in his perogies
>he doesn't dip his perogies in sour cream

make them yourself, you useless tit. 100 percent of the time, they're better home made than store bought.

one of my favorites , some times i made it with pure and onions inside them.
cream or white sauce on top.
And some crispy beacon slices to acompany that food.
The soft perogi getting softer with the cream while eating the crunchy beacon all togheter is the best

What's a good recipe for perogies?

I usually prefer boiled, but fried are alright too for some varieties

no. stop getting health advice from men in the pub and the independent

>fullquoting

My dads parents were master perogy makers. They used to make this one kind of perogy that had sauerkraut, bacon, and cottage cheese in them. They were the GOAT perogy.

you guys are hilarious. non stop human suffering right in my face.

You shouldn't use GOOD extra virgin olive oil for cooking because the heat destroys all the subtle flavors of it.

Regular slutty olive oil is fine for cooking.

Olive oil is a vegetable based polyunsaturated fat.

we're not all working at Alinea.

I had to google that and you're gayer for making that reference than anyone who differentiates between quality and utility olive oil

I like to cook them with bacon bits

what are you even talking about

take your meds

I was so gay the other day that my anus wouldn't close. The fuck do you do when that happens?

which ones, hun?

I liked them boiled then tossed with melted butter and fried onions if they are fresh made.
With frozen ones, I usually bake them till they are brown and puffy then salt and serve with sour cream.

There's a cabal of old ladies in the basement of the local polish church who have mastered the art of pirogicraft. They sell them fresh but uncooked every other Friday for $4 a dozen so I end up eating a ton of pirogi.

Favourite lazy meal? Dude that shit is a process and a half

You make them ahead of time and freeze them.

If they're already made and frozen, sounds like a great lazy meal. But I suck ass with anything dough-related, so fuck me, right?

>sour cream is meat
American education everyone

search for pierogi ruskie. theyre amazing especially if done the central polish way (slightly sourish filling)

Can you share the dough recipe without having to kill us?

Olive oil is best used as a finishing oil or cold, when it's heated to cooking temperature it quickly degrades and loses its unique aroma and at that point it's pretty much the same thing as vegetable oil. Same goes for sesame oil

Right that's true if you're using really fancy expensive extra virgin olive oil.

Standard olive oil keeps its health benefits and is great for cooking.

not american, and there's dairy in SC.

Are you high? I don't mean to imply that olive oil isn't a great oil served cold. For instance, a good olive oil with herbs is an amazing dipping sauce for fresh bread. It's also great in small doses for a tossed salad. At the same time though, olive oil is a close second to conventional frying oil as the best oil on the market for pan frying and sauteeing.

If the olive oil is losing it's luster after you apply heat to it, check the mirror for facial hair on your neck and consider obtaining employment or seeking a higher education, because your mom's basement is a terrible place to be letting olive oil reach it's smoke point.

pollack reporting in

traditionally (i.e. my grandmas way) they are boiled, but my dad would par-boil them, then fry them and those are the best way possible.

What do you add to make it sourish?

I don't understand how pierogi can be a lazy meal unless you prepared and froze them in advance

I've always boiled them and then put them right in the oven so I don't even know if they would be good frozen

I'm from Eastern Europe and the only real use for pierogie I see is boiling a shitton and having them with sour cream as a beer snack for a large all-male party.

Same goes for khinkali and all other types of hipster dumplings.