ITT: College feels

ITT: College feels

>be me in Probability & Statistics
>professor says attendance is not required in the class
>Study for Test 2 by looking at the syllabus to see what would be on it and reading those topics in the book
>Confidence intervals listed after Test 2 on syllabus
>Today, Test 2
>Confidence intervals are on the exam
>He never emailed or posted any announcement saying he was deviating from the syllabus

Thanks for screwing me over, prof.

Did you mention this to the professor?

I couldn't talk with him as there was an exam going on, but I wrote him a note on my exam.

I imagine he’ll be reasonable.

Your fault, schedules on syllabi are tentative and subject to change at instructors discretion. If you sucked it up and went to class you would have known what what would be on the exam. Also saying attendance is not required means you won't be graded on it, not that you shouldn't go to class.

Fuckin sophomore mistake
You should know to go to class you fuckwit

>>professor says attendance is not required in the class
>falling for this

not showing up to class can imply that you already know the material well enough and that the lecture is a waste of time for you. it's pretty common knowledge that professors specify sections to be covered in tests within lectures. what were you doing instead of going to the lecture that was so important?
summed up nicely

Obviously, the wrong one here is your professor but tbqh I can't imagine how retarded you have to be to not attend class.

Do what Einstein did. Arrange with someone to read their class notes so you know what's going on.
He didn't like to attend class either, prefering to stay home and study more advanced material. His professor descibed him as a "lazy dog" and blacklisted him. That's why he was scraping by as a patent clerk when he released his slew of papers in 1905 that changed physics.
That same professor then did work on SR, actually inventing the term "spacetime" in the process. Einstein ridiculed his work until he died, then incorporated it into GR.
"He who laughs last laughs best."

>filename
Who tells a baby shitty professor stories?

Yeah this, I have no sympathy for dumbfucks who like to pretend they're too busy or important to attend lectures. If you don't put in your time, don't expect to get the result you wanted.

so einstein was an autodidact BOSS?

If your studying strategy is doing the bare apparent minimum and then thinking "I CAN STOP LEARNING NOW", you're not cut out for academia.

>asks professor minimum grade I'll need on fninal to pass
>70%
>sweet, ok
>leave state for awhile, return for final
>show up for exam
>teacher says "hey user, even if you get 100% you won't pass"

>ok

Thats a retarded notion. There is a reason med students dont go to lecture.

But the most fun part of academia is attending lectures and getting to know the professors and more importantly: letting yourself be known to the professors.

But it isnt necessery nor always high yield vs just reading.

Just reading won't land you research opportunities.

??
fuckin why
need more details

Studying in USA sounds fucking horrible

Nobody's going to post stories where everything went well or was unremarkable

I can never study if I'm in a good mood. If I'm happy I just do shit I wanna do and I don't give a fuck. To study I have to have be on there verge of suicide, but then I grind.

bittersweet uni feels:
>dump gf at beginning of semester
>long story short: borderline crazy-type. i put everything i could in to the relationship and it felt like futile effort
>ends up being on-and-off mess for first month and a half, i stop responding to her texts after an argument one night
>she continues texting me every 2-3 days wanting to talk to me, i continue to ignore
>currently doing well in classes, despite the drawn out nonsense that took place
>she texts me yesterday to tell me that she failed her midterms and feels lost
>proceed to ignore and get my cell # changed
is it wrong to feel smug in this situation? i don't know. it's weird, i don't usually root against people like this.

>is it wrong to feel smug in this situation?
You should not feel good about someone else's misery. Just be neutral and chill about it. Also, is she hot? Because if she is hot then just take her back, give her an ultimatum and see if she changes. And while you do that fuck her pussy good.

And here is a pro tip. When you are walking around campus just look around. Always look around. I bet she is stalking you. I know because one of my ex-girlfriends confessed that she stalked me after we broke up. Every day she would just follow me around. I literally never noticed. Creepy huh? Roasties are weird.

>Didn't have friends in class to confirm exam material

OP's the "HUR DURR LECTURES ARE A WASTE OF TIME" type. Don't think he will have any friends.

Also, checked.

The professor probably answered under the assumption that you wouldn't fuck off until the final and would actually do assignments. If you want to fuck off and return for the final you should tell your professor that you need to fuck off out of state for work related reasons and they'll usually accommodate you.

>To study I have to have be on there verge of suicide, but then I grind
haha i can relate to this 100%

asshole prof thinks he could teach at mit

if you're so good why don't you fuck off to there instead of basically whining about how stupid we are to our faces

I would complain.

Years ago I wasn't going to class and the professor forgot to write the day we would have the test online. When I sent him and email he told me "user, the test was one week ago".

In the end, he asked to send him some exercises from our problem sheet to approve the course, in place of the test I missed.

>tfw my secret crush sent me this today

>both too autistic to have friends to team up with
you deserve each other desu

this. put your benis in her after allowing for adequate buildup of sexual tension

I hope you said yes, user. She's your autistic future wife.

Depends on the prof. Several I had were top notch in their field or good teachers, others you could tell they are stuck teaching for life (they wanted to do solely research) or REALLY want to be somewhere else badly.

>You should not feel good about someone else's misery.

Nothing wrong with that.

I have to go into the office today to figure out if I need to wait until next year to return or if I can start in January. Sucks being poor and fucking off in highschool the first two years so you don't get any scholarships. Don't fall for the "ACT of 35 will carry you" meme.

This is way US universities are such shitholes, in Europe it's handled way better

*why lol