Never tried a Ritter Sport before but I got this today

Never tried a Ritter Sport before but I got this today

Is it worthy chocolate? What are some top tier chocolates?

It's not bad if you enjoy chocolate. The only one i have ever tried and liked enough to buy again was their marzipan one.

Top tier are belgian or swiz.

Top-tier chocolate coming trough

They're okayish. Nothing too fancy but not bad either.

t. europoor

I tried the hazelnut one because it was expensive and foreign-made. It sucked dogshit. It was like Hershey's but with hazelnuts lumped in.

If you want good chocolate, just get some Valrhona.

Ritter Sport industrial ok tier stuff. Nothing fancy nothing completely terrible.
If you want top tier shit you look at hand made chocolate from Switzerland or Belgium like
>pic related
The downside is they cost like $10 per 100g.

That is one fancy box for chocolate

Once you get to that tier a lot of countries have great chocolate. Even, yes, America.

Although for every one like the one you posted there are about 10 with an equally fancy box containing just melted valhrona pressed into a new shape.

It is, I actually buy every 2 months a small box of treats from that supplier and it's A++ tier chocolate, tea and spices. It's my money drain, once you tasted it you can't go back.

I know you get top tier stuff around the world. That's why I don't eat much chocolate but if I do I get a awesome product instead of 10 meh bars.

The guy owning the shop is over 30 years in the business, he knows all his suppliers, usually visits them every other year in person and is not afraid to dump a entire crate while refunding the customers because it didn't fit his standards. That's why I rate it so high.

This shit makes me REEE more than anything else on this board:

>Hey Veeky Forums, I got a thing I've never had before
>Is it good?

YOU'RE LITERALLY HOLDING THE THING YOU'RE TRYING TO FORMULATE AN OPINION ON. HOW ABOUT EATING IT AND TELLING US WHAT YOU THINK INSTEAD OF ASKING OUR PERMISSION TO LIKE IT.

If you are able to, find the german-produced version. That stuff is great. The American one is watered down and average.

this one is godlike

Some kinds are really good, like marzipan and espresso. The others are alright, but it's like candy chocolate.

>expensive
you got ripped off. they shouldn't cost more than $3 anywhere

Kinda trashy but good. The milk chocolate cornflakes is the epitome of what they are.

The Coconut flavour with the coconut filling is godlike.

I ate the cornflake one. It was too sweet.

I recently made a thread asking about quality chocolate and got zero help, just a bunch of replies from people who don't know what they're talking about. So I did my own research and I ordered a bunch of chocolate and I've been sampling everything the last few days. So far the absolute best chocolate I've had that wasn't a specialty item was Scharffenberger bittersweet 70% dark chocolate. So fucking delicious, they do a fantastic job capturing the flavor of chocolate and not milk/sugar like you'd get with normie shit, and their cacao is great quality. It's affordable and very easy to acquire. There are much fancier chocolates with much higher price tags, but I recommend starting with Scharffenberger 42%, 61%, 70%, and 82%. Try those four to see what you like. All of them were delicious and well worth it.

>SPORT
Why?

One of the best commonly available chocolates you can get in america. Not super overpriced, either.

Because they were designed to fit in the pocket of men's sports jackets.

Just checked the wiki and you're correct.
I know I could have searched it in less time than asking then checking but other people will now know the answer also.

True.

The only reason I knew was my brother lives in Germany and brought me back something like pic related and it said on it. I quite like some of the Ritter Sport flavours and they're better than what you'll find in most petrol stations etc.

i like the special editions

Salted Almond is pretty nice, but it's supermarket tier chocolat. I guess it's good for the price but really nothing special.
Aldi has some really good chocolate with nuts in it, best you'll find in the cheap section.

I dont mind these threads so much. It seems like OP just wants a reference point. But he shouldn't let that influence his opinion either. Mirin' those trips btw.

>$3
That's fucking expensive for the equivalent of a Hershey's bar. If I want mediocre chocolate I can pay $1 for Hershey's instead of $3 for "Oberführer Ritterkrieg Waffensschokolade Sieg Heil Edition".

Step aside everyone, best Ritter Sport coming through.

>Ritter
more like pleb

warum

agreed!

Holy shit, they don't sell these here