What's the best British food, and why is it pasties?

What's the best British food, and why is it pasties?

Other urls found in this thread:

orwell.ru/library/articles/cooking/english/e_dec
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Falafel

Falafel isn't British

Try again

Muslim semen

Toast sandwich.

those are pierogies.

Chip butts.

>potato, break, and ketchup kebab

Wow you British are real innovative. Taking your old classic and bringing it to the 21st century

To be honest, it's probably one of their desserts. Same goes for another cuisine that doesn't get much respect, German. German and English desserts are the best in Europe despite some great competition. India and the Middle-East are the only places outside of Europe with a dessert/sweet culture worth mentioning.

>Falafel isn't British

Try again

Someone fried up perogies and told you they were pasties.

Eel pudding

I disagree

orwell.ru/library/articles/cooking/english/e_dec

Comfy as fuck article by George Orwell about Britfood
>It is commonly said, even by the English themselves, that English cooking is the worst in the world. It is supposed to be not merely incompetent, but also imitative, and I even read quite recently, in a book by a French writer, the remark: ‘The best English cooking is, of course, simply French cooking.’

>Now that is simply not true, as anyone who has lived long abroad will know, there is a whole host of delicacies which it is quite impossible to obtain outside the English-speaking countries. No doubt the list could be added to, but here are some of the things that I myself have sought for in foreign countries and failed to find.

>First of all, kippers, Yorkshire pudding, Devonshire cream, muffins and crumpets. Then a list of puddings that would be interminable if I gave it in full: I will pick out for special mention Christmas pudding, treacle tart and apple dumplings. Then an almost equally long list of cakes: for instance, dark plum cake (such as you used to get at Buzzard’s before the war), short-bread and saffron buns. Also innumerable kinds of biscuit, which exist, of course, elsewhere, but are generally admitted to be better and crisper in England.

Do Brits eat anything that isn't actually lard-y shit?

british food? probably chicken tikka masala or fish n chips.

You mean pelmeni/pierogi, you thieving fucking slimey limey?

I swear to god britons are second only to kikes in ruining every fucking country they set foot in. At long last they're getting their just desserts by drowning their own capital city in an ocean of brown.

Do americans really eat this

pierogi is the plural of pierog

9/10 nosh
Needs more beans, in my hungover opinion.
Just hope you're sharing with someone who doesn't like black pudding

What the fuck, a meal for fatty?

Too much awesome brit food to choose just one. I'd love to visit UK one day and stuff my face

Indian cuisine is the best cuisine. Hands down.

Wtf is that burnt shit ?

blood pudding. The English are barely considered human beings by the UN.

>he doesn't like black pudding
Dude blood sausage is good as fuck, it's like meat-flavored cake. Every great food culture eats blood.

Of course, but it's more funny to just repost memes

Oh boy, has it been 10 minutes already? Time for another British food shitposting thread

fuck is that meme hot sauce doing on the table?

fish and chips
pie, mash and liquor
jellied eels
fry ups
sausage and mash
cakes and biscuits
cream tea
pasties
roast dinners

imagine not thinking we have the goat cuisine.

I'm so British I shit the Queen, but even I accept that siracha has a place on even the British table. So long as it's among the HP.

im a londoner born and raised, used to work construction when i was in sixth form, and have never seen siracha on a cafe table in my life

>Falafel isn't British

>Try again

Try again

>"JUST A SIMPLE PATTY, CHEESE AND BUN MAKES THE BEST FOOD ITEM EVER"

>"CHIP BUTTYS ARE BAD FOR BEING SIMPLE"

typical pard

They plant their flag on everything, just ignore him.

>German and English desserts
oh wow, cake, how riveting

>jellied eels
I will eat all sorts. I've eaten pork pie jelly, circada, snake, balut, raw duck blood, my own semen.

I enjoyed them all, but I will never enjoy jellied eels. The texture is 'wrong', the flavour is wrong. Everything about them is fucked up.

I love sea food, but I will never again eat a so-called jellied so-called eel.

Nobody in England eats jellied eels anymore except some old cockneys who have not yet been pushed out of London by masss immigration. It was poor people food who would dredge up eels from the Thames that's hasn't now achieved meme status as some sort of ubiquitous British food.

For me it's the Welsh cake.

Witness the enraged polski.
He hates England while suckling from her teet.
Truly a wonder to behold.

When you do, you should try it blud.
It's totally peng

ite senpai safe yeah

powdered sugar is disgusting and I am skeptical of the opinion of anybody that would dare sprinkle it on something
if I see something dusted with powdered sugar I do a 720 and walk right out of there because I don't trust the culinary intuition of whomever made the confections

Welsh cake, more like cheap scone with raisins.

Then don't add the powdered sugar.
Welsh cakes are nice on their own scones need to be tarted up with jam or cream to be edible.

A Welsh guy at work brought some in when they won some rugby thing. They were ok on their own but only a bit bigger than a £2 coin.

>none of my mates like black pudding because they have the culinary tastes of children
>any time we get a Saturday fryup together I'm guaranteed to get like 5 black pudding slices on my plate

Do they really dislike black pudders or are they just the best mates you'll ever know?
Stick that in your brain box and spaz on it.

>not one mention of banoffee pie

They aren't being friendly, they just don't like anything even slightly interesting in their food. If we go to mcdonalds they'll carefully remove the pickle then put extra ketchup in.

Acid attacks are too good for some people

my go to british food is the 80000 calorie breakfast.

>80000 calorie
soft cock

They're usually about the size of a regular mug coaster. Sounds like store bought ones which can be very hit and miss.

English muffins with butter

Search: lasagna
0 results

Fucking plebs, the lot of you

>crumpets with butter
FTFY

I believe its "do you know the muffin man" not "do you know the crumpet man" mate

They're bad because you're eating a french fry sandwich.

I want to bathe in a warm sea of black pudding

Good thing you should never put powdered sugar on a Welsh cake then.

No, he means that muffins with butter are not the best British food, because crumpets with butter are clearly superior. And we've passed the days when people delivered fresh muffins from door to door, sadly, so the song doesn't really matter anymore.

MMMNWAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH the french

They didn't make an iconic nursery rhyme with crumpets, did they user?
B T F O

Nigga they are they same thing only one is baked on a skillet and the other is in an oven
I also get the feeling you've never had a fresh buttermilk English muffin before

Nothing. You could say through extension American food since we used to be their colony. But the Brits only have horrible food. Maybe one reason we all left.

you should start using a trip code

English muffin is clearly superior for its crust.

fpbp

ha ha fuck you you assmad english paki cunt

That's because it's American and wasn't introduced to the UK until the 70s.

Because bongs are pasty?

Don't you yanks orgasm over apple pie so much that you pretend it's yours?

Its still a phrase but i dont think americans have liked apple pie like that since the 50s

That's bonkers m8. Wanna diddle me up?

>lol fat americans amirite
Yuropoors should be executed.

Doesn't change the fact that you like it enough to pretend you invented it

Your reading comprehension is as bad as your dentistry, red-coat.

Good post

It doesn't change the fact you still use the saying "AS AMERICAN AS APPLE PIE", you cretin.
>dentistry
I bet you $1000 my teeth are cleaner and straighter than yours cletus
>red coat
If I lived back then I'd probably be a revolutionary, I hate the monarchy.

>Doing a cycling trip
>Every morning eat a massive fry up
>Keeps me going for the rest of the day
>All I need is an evening meal

There is no doubt in my mind that a full English is the BEST thing for a hard day of work.

>I hate the monarchy.

Fuck off out of this country then

You poor American. Buttermilk doesn't go in muffin dough, and they're both cooked on the hob

>lots of exercise
>no greens

Wouldn't that get you constipated?

>you don't like one thing about this country
>WHY DON'T YOU JUST GYIIIT OUT
Tell me, what do you like about housing a bunch of rich benefit frauds for doing fucking nothing, in the 21st century no less? Fucking cuck.

Cake AND Pudding (which is basically sweeter cake)

British """""""food"""""""

>Baby soup, China
You forgot to edit out the text there

Did I hit a nerve, lol? It stings cause it's true, britboi.

Neck yourself yankie

You think brits don't eat that? You know the author of "A Modest Proposal" was British, right?

hey there is nothing wrong with a hot dog stuffed crust pizza from pizza hot

>hot dogs
Those are goat penii.

SEVEN eggs
Just two slices of bread

Rogan is out of his fucking mind

Rogan is based

I fucking LOVE full English.

Also I ate pheasant in Scotland when I was a lad and I've always held that bird I ate as the gold standard of foods even though I don't even remember what it actually tasted like

>puts hot sauce on the jalapenos, not the eggs

Okay dude

Jews were a mistake.