What is the best E-reader to buy right now...

What is the best E-reader to buy right now? I'm looking at the Kindle Paper white and it looks almost like actual paper and less strenuous for my eyes.

I tend to read pdf's quite a bit as well, can you rent library books with them?

Also which one is easiest to sail ships with and make people walk the plank with?

kobo glo hd without a doubt

I have a Kindle paper white, its awesome. But rent library book? I belive it's not possible. I usually read my pdf's books from univesity, and it's works well, Mobi files are the most recommended to read on kindle. in my opinion it worths, i don't know if it's the best one, by the way.

I've got a Kobo Aura HD myself. Really happy with it.

I heard some bad shit about kobo, how the ink refresh takes too long.

Like turning the page and browsing the web for example,

I experience no such issues when reading but can't speak for the web browser because I never use it

I have a Kindle Voyage with a 6" screen. I find it a little to small to be comfortable, but many people find that size fine. If you can, try using it beforehand to see if you can tolerate the size.

You can read PDFs but the formatting can mess up.

Don't rent books, always pirate them. libgen.io and #bookz on undernet, then convert to mobi or amz3 with Calibre.

Can you pirate manga?

Not a weeb, I'm just curious.

Yes

For PDFs, a tablet-type reader is actually better than an e-Ink device
I have nooks (Simple Touch for ePubs, the latest inexpensive tablet for PDFs, web, etc.) and am very happy with both. (They were gifts, is why I have both kinds.)
You can rent library ebooks with any of them
same for your other question, covered by Calibre (which converts all formats but not pdf very well) and DeDRM as needed

I'd rather stare at the sun for 20 hours than read on a tablet-type reader like an ipad.

You can convert .zip manga to epub in calibre. I read some of Inio Asano's works in my paperwhite with no issues other than the font being too small in some parts.

anyone know a good site to convert pdfs to epub files?

Just use calibre, it is a free program.

what if i someday have an e-reader which doesnt accept pdfs?

I got memed into getting an iPhone like 2 years ago. What are my free options?

Then convert to another reader format with calibre, it can do any format.

wait calibre can convert it? i never knew, thank you. i thought you mean just use calibre to read.

My bad, should have worded my post better. Glad I could help.

And I would rather you stare at the sun for 20 hours than be forced to read a pdf on an eInk device

Does that voyage run faster than the Paperwhite? It's going a bit low lately so I'm thinking of upgrading but I'm not sure if it's worth it yet, been using my Paperwhite for almost four years

I have this too, it's great. If you want to read comics too Kobo is best, since it supports cbz and cbr.

calibre converted pdfs are dogshit, use abbyy finereader and fix the few conversion errors yourself

Do Kobos have the neat little functions like x-ray, OED, and Wikipedia searching? My Paperwhite's on the fritz after a lot of traveling and I've heard a lot of good things about the Kobo but I really love those Kindle features.

what is so bad about reading pdf's on an e reader ? compared to like an ipad for example.

I have a paperwhite and I rent library books on it all the time. A lot of libraries (at least in the US) use Overdrive for people to check out ebooks. If you live in a small town with a poorly funded library, though, the selection will be shit.

e-Ink based ereaders are terrible at formatting PDFs, whereas tablet-based ereaders handle them just fine.

just fucking read physical books you faggot.

You can't pirate physical books and have more space in your backpack.