en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where's_Herb?
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Germany_E._coli_O104:H4_outbreak
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>four children died
Jesus what the fuck

>killed by a McChicken
What a way to go.

>17-month-old Riley Detwiler of Bellingham, WA, who died on February 20, 1993, following secondary contact (person-to-person) transmission from another child sick with E. coli. The 18-month-old boy who infected Riley had spent two days in the daycare center before a clinical laboratory could return the positive test results for E. coli. The first boy's mother suspected her son had E. coli but did not tell the daycare staff for fear that he would be sent home. When the test results came in positive for E. coli, county health officials could not reach the child’s parents in the middle of the workday. Both of the first boy's parents worked at Jack in the Box, where they regularly fed their son hamburgers. Riley, on the other hand, had never eaten a hamburger.

I bet the lawsuit that came from this is interesting asf

It's kind of crazy that JitB survived this.

>Health inspectors traced the contamination to the restaurants' "Monster Burger" sandwich which had been on a special promotion (using the slogan "So good it's scary!")

You can't make this shit up.

sometimes the burgers bite back

for them, it really was the mcchicken

They completely rebranded. This is when they started using Jack as their mascot in their comercials. They hired a brilliant PR firm.

Taco Bell was giving out hepatitis C in the 90's like it was part of the meal deal and they're still this boards favorite.

>The first boy's mother suspected her son had E. coli but did not tell the daycare staff for fear that he would be sent home
Unironically deserves a murder charge. That's like unprotected sex when you think you have HIV

Unironically sounds like my mother. Doctors are for cowards. that is the Protestant way

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/San_Ysidro_McDonald's_massacre

>The San Ysidro McDonald's massacre was a mass shooting that occurred in and around a McDonald's restaurant in the San Diego neighborhood of San Ysidro on July 18, 1984. The perpetrator, 41-year-old James Huberty, shot and killed 21 people and injured 19 others before being fatally shot by a SWAT team sniper

Even if you don't believe in doctors you have to be a special kind of evil to risk getting other people sick. It's no different than people who know they are sick but they go to work or school anyway.

To be fair shooting anyone in McDonald's can be considered a mass shooting

Sneed

>People who know they are sick but go to school and work anyway.
I do this too. Not my fault they make it a pain in the ass to take the day off.
I'm not some lazy fuck who takes days off whenever he gets an excuse either. I never miss work. Ever.
The highest virtue is enduring pain.

This. I go anyway. I just tell people to stay clear of me. If a man tries to shake my hand I simply say, "not a good idea I'm sick". They are never offended, instead they are happy I'm considerate.

Staying at home for a tummy ache and the sniffles is a woman/children move.

Use your sick days for vacation like a real man.

There's a massive difference between the sniffles and HIV or E. Coli.
But you're right, it seems like work culture promotes going to work sick instead of taking the day off.

Chuck's forever Sneed's never.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strip_search_phone_call_scam

>The strip search phone call scam is a series of incidents that extended over a period of about ten years before an arrest was made in 2004. The incidents involved a man prank calling a restaurant or grocery store, claiming to be a police officer and then convincing managers to conduct strip searches of female employees, and to perform other bizarre acts on behalf of "the police". The calls were most often placed to fast-food restaurants in small towns, located in rural areas of the United States.

>Over 70 such occurrences were reported in 30 U.S. states, until an incident in 2004 in Mount Washington, Kentucky (population 9,117), finally led to the arrest of David Richard Stewart,[1] an employee of Corrections Corporation of America, a firm contracted by several states to provide corrections officers at private detention facilities.

>.m

kill yourself, itoddler.

Sorry, I'm shitposting from work

Is it bad to own a phone now?

This place was better before any idiot with a phone could come. You used to have to have a PC at least. Less teens, and low life's. You at least had to have your shit together enough to have a PC and pay an internet bill.

That said I phone post for convenience, but I'd gladly go back to the way it was if we lost just phone/tablet posters.

You're a fucking idiot, I hope all of your produce rots to match your already rotten piece of shit brain

t. Posted from iPhone on parents wifi

"Referring to the mental health clinic's failure to return his phone call the previous day, he said, "Well, society had their chance.""

That receptionist should have been fired. They couldn't even spell his name back to him. Also, to be fair, he DID try to see help which is more than some spree shooters fo.

The time when McDonald's discovered their Monopoly sweepstakes had been rigged by an employee of the company that ran the games. He discovered a flaw, and with the help of some co-workers, used it to collect $24 million worth of prizes over 5 years.

Somehow during that time, McDonald's didn't seem to think it was unusual how almost all of its top prizes were being won by people who worked for the game's designers.

FOR ME

Hmm. That's odd. Employees weren't supposed to be able to collect. You could always do it with an accomplice though.

IT'S THE MCCHICKEN

Nope

The fuck do you mean no. It said they couldn't on the fine print of the game pieces. Plus McShits was my first job as a teenager 15 years ago and I remember that being a rule.

No one cared if you won a free fry, but you weren't supposed to be able to collect large cash prizes.

holy fuck, the almost tangible autism

I have trouble finding sympathy for these people because they clearly were not very bright.

>That said I phone post for convenience
Way to practice what you preach my dude.

Truth hurt.
Reading comprehension dipshit. Why would I sacrifice my convenience for no gain when others still would.

I said I'd give it up IF that meant nobody else could either.

>You at least had to have your shit together enough to have a PC and pay an internet bill
Not really. Even by 2003 around half of american households were using the internet, you would just have to shitpost on the family PC.

I didn't say anything about what percentage used it. It would still stop every 14 year old with a cell phone and mall WiFi. At least the family computer their parents would kick them off.

Definitely the funniest part of the whole story.

Underrated.

Heyy, I have autism and I don't say dumbass shit like this.

I think pretty much everyone does this, but you should probably fucking stay home if you happen to get TB or something.

I'll continue to phonepost and there's nothing you can do to stop me :^)

There's that famous reading comprehension. I'll continue to as well.

>samefagging this hard

Mwuhahaha, you got me. How many of the others are you?

Fite me faget

t. basement dwelling NEET typing on old Windows Vista PC

There was no flaw. They basically just picked out the winning game pieces after printing and distributed them to family and friends

Remember Where's Herb?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Where's_Herb?

Can we get married pls

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Germany_E._coli_O104:H4_outbreak

I miss the Taco Bell dog.

me too :(

It's probably dead by now anyway.

Jack in the Box's revival and complete rebranding is probably the most interesting thing in all of advertising media. It deserves its own documentary but Jack in the Box will never do it because they don't want to remind people.

FOR ME ITS THE MCCHICKEN,THE BEST AND MY LAST FAST FOOD SANDWICH.

For me its the mcchicken, the deadliest fast food sandwich.

"officials could not reach the child’s parents in the middle of the workday. Both of the first boy's parents worked at Jack in the Box, where they regularly fed their son hamburgers. Riley, on the other hand, had never eaten a hamburger"

Top zozz

My older brother got E Coli from Arby's in the 90's and was hospitalized for several days. I have never seen anyone so sick.

He didn't eat at Arby's after that for a long time.

Eight years later he finally decides that he can eat at Arby's again. He does and gets E Coli again and has to be hospitalized.

True story.

While it's true your employer will try to dick you for not going to work, collectively we'd all be best off if sick people weren't out and about. You can try to minimize contact, but you're still going to sneeze, cough, touch doorknobs, etc. and risk transmitting to other people.

Yo quiero perrito?

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1984_Rajneeshee_bioterror_attack

I don't know much about this attack, but this is from my hometown.

I vaguely remember this.

>Protip, don't let your 4 year old child watch the nightly news

Don't believe your "true" story, sorry.