Why aren't you more excited about this? Think of all the species that were lost during various extinction periods...

Why aren't you more excited about this? Think of all the species that were lost during various extinction periods. We can basically shape the world in whatever way we want if this succeeds.

Other urls found in this thread:

telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/02/16/harvard-scientists-pledge-bring-back-woolly-mammoth-extinction/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shit wrong pic.

Link here though: telegraph.co.uk/science/2017/02/16/harvard-scientists-pledge-bring-back-woolly-mammoth-extinction/

i am excited, but will they be able to survive in natural ecosystems? i don't feel like reading the article, so answer the question for me if it's in there.

How does it matter? If they cant survive then we can use their tusks for ivory and fur for nice coats, like a natural factory.

>Why aren't you more excited about this?

Because NOTHING has been done yet.
I too can make up bullshit about what MIGHT happen in two years.

fuck you

Eh.... the CRISPR method has been developed and we have pretty good DNA of Mammoths.

I dunno why we haven't tried to ressurect say a Dodo bird. Would be easier with its DNA and they are smaller.

>When you realize that DNA is nothing but an arrangement of atoms in a particular orientation and is the equivalent of a wind-up toy.

you piece of shit

You've got a point.

Growing animals in vats and harvesting them for infinite food is revolutionary and harms no-one.

it might be inefficient

is that elephant

Can you imagine how much a mammoth skin coat would sell for?

I want to try a MAMMOTH burger.

But why? Nature choose those big bastards for extinction. We're just asking for problems bringing them back. The Dodo bird is a much better cadidate as it is our fault it went extinct.

Why not? Mammoths would be fun to ride on. Your reason for not bringing mammoths back is because they went extinct naturally?

Why not just let humans die and get rid of medicine and doctors since that would just allow a natural process to occur?

Those things are not equivalent. I am not going to explain to you why that is so, either you know it or you should get of Veeky Forums.

I assume these will be incubated in elephants. Are we sure the elephant womb will allow a mammoth to properly develop? I don't mean if the thing will die, but will it be a true mammoth? If not, can this be bred out of them over time with mammoth pregnancies?

damn that sounds dope
and the elephant fags won't be able to cry about because this species never should have been able to exist anyways

go back to ribit

>I can't make an argument so I'll just tell you you're wrong and won't say why

If you read the article, it says that they will use elephants to help make the mammoth.

I mean ligers can't reproduce so why would we expect the same of this mammoth? I guess it depends on how much mammoth DNA is kept and how well it is implanted into the cell. Creating a half elephant half mammoth isn't really a true mammoth.

Why so they can die again? A failed species is a failed species. Just go to the zoo and enjoy the suffering animals we already got.

Where would they even live? Siberia?

Probably will only live in captivity desu

Yes, they if they're biological viable they should be quite happy roaming the Russian step. Apparently that's not tok far form their natural habitat.

But I'm just a really hype physicist so not an authority.

Can't we just let evolve whatever evolves. I rather have grey goo speciation than bringing back these lameos

Why bring it back? I can understand doing it on another planet, but we're struggling to look after all the animals we have now. There's nowhere for it to go.

It was our fault mammoths went extinct.

we are already capable of a lot of things op.
the problem is that we rather deal with uninteresting left and rightwing bullshit that will be the end of humanity. there is a good reason why pol is the fastest moving board while sci is slow af. the bigger problem is people dont even go to pol to "argue" or "debate" because none of the sides are actually interested in what the other side has to say. which defeats the whole point of that board completely.

Checked those trips of truth. It would be a fascinating experiment and curious oddity, but nothing more.

>preservation of your species is the same as preserving all species.
Holy shit, what a fucking cuck.