Being ugly

are there books about being ugly? im good looking but am interested to see life through another lens

Other urls found in this thread:

4umi.com/nietzsche/zarathustra/67
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I haven't read him myself but doesn't Satre talk about being ugly?

Invisible Monsters
Skylark
The Dwarf
The Face of Another
Grendel
Geek Love
The Temple of The Golden Pavilion

have heard about skylark a lot - good shit?

Cyrano de Bergerac :)

everything by houellebecq

"Give a man a big nose and he can do anything" ~Frank Zappa

There is umberto eco's book on ugliness, though it's not necessarily about "coping", the best example for that I can think of is in Thus Spoke Zarathustra, whereby inborn ugliness acts as an alienation mechanism through which you are blessed in the sense that you have no choice but transcend the usual pitfalls of materialism and sensual pleasures, if you catch my meaning.

Bukowski - Ham on Rye

i feel like to be ugly would be to grown up again, to be rejected by the mother of society

my diary, desu

>Thus Spoke Zarathustra, whereby inborn ugliness acts as an alienation mechanism through which you are blessed in the sense that you have no choice but transcend the usual pitfalls of materialism and sensual pleasures, if you catch my meaning.
Expand on this

Just read any book, keeping in mind that all great artists make art to make up for their inferiority in some other aspect of life.

There were probably lots of Chads in history, but none of them made it to the history books.

lol this pic

It's a very short chapter

4umi.com/nietzsche/zarathustra/67

His diary..

;_;

Ur a fukin goblin so u dont waste monee on geddin poosaay

>There were probably lots of Chads in history, but none of them made it to the history books.

Have you ever read a history book?

i'm ugly. it's like knowing that everything you do is going to fail before you even start

also people project shit on you for no reason 'you never smile' 'you look angry all the time' even if it isn't true.

i know a whole website about it

The Caterpillar.

Liking What You See: A Documentary

by Ted Chiang, it's a short story in his collection of short stories called "Stories of Your Life and Others"

The Metamorphosis

The Legacy of Totalitarianism in a Tundra

JFK
Teddy Roosevelt
George Washington.

That's just the US. Ugly guys like Lincoln and Nixon too but plenty of handsome jock presidents too.

Skylark is more about having an ugly kid that you are also disappointed in.

There's no reason to be ugly if you were born in a first world nation after 1975

Slapping some cream on your face and gel in your hair while wearing Gucci doesn't make you pretty, uggo

>Teddy Roosevelt
>Good looking

Thx, user
I'm going to read it

I would totally blow TR and I'm a guy.